• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle's Delta Numbers!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Okay, lets stop this right now, I got a few lines into this thread and saw the same ole trend in pilot groups bashing other pilot groups. I am a Mesaba pilot and there has been this rift between pinnacle and Mesaba for years, many of us have been trying to put a stop to it, as we should support one another. I for one know a lot of good pilots at pinnacle, just drop the bashing. I must say this, if ALPA was truely a united union, we would not have this problem of competing for the lowest salary. I Know many of you want to bash Mesaba for our low rates, but in todays environment with the government being used as a tool by corporations (bankruptcy court bias towards business) its no ones fault except the greedy B@staches who saw separate pilot unions negotiating on their own as a tool for higher rates for senior pilots. Now we have to live with it......try this sometime, when you see a senior guy, suggest a one rate for all carriers on a specific AC and see what he says......"NO WAY!" Will be the response.

good day, and good luck 9E on your new routes and planes, hope you get a good deal soon on your contract.

You need to think very carefully about that sentiment before you stand behind it. Sit back, take a deep breath, and think to yourself, "I will take ground beef off someone else's family table to put prime rib on mine." If you're really, honestly ok with that line of thinking then you have no business in this profession. What do you hope to gain if Pinnacle leaves the Delta family? A few more airplanes?? A slightly better schedule?? An extra flight attendant in the back to stroke your ego??

I was in a position to watch the ASA pilots sit back for far too long before finally stepping up to the plate and fighting, really fighting, for a new contract. I was there, fighting for a better contract, long before you ever set foot on property, I'm guessing. I'm now in a position to watch (albeit from afar) the Pinnacle pilots step up to the same plate. So far, I'm far more impressed with the Pinnacle pilots' resolve than I ever was with the ASA pilots' resolve. They have organized faster, gotten pissed off faster, and taken things into their own hands to make a difference faster than the ASA pilot group ever did.

The Pinnacle pilots aren't your problem. Mother D is. Do you honestly want those 900s so badly that you're willing to see another union pilot lose his or her job? I sincerely hope that we, as a profession, are not at this point. If we are, then this "profession" is lost.

Believe it or not, we as pilots actually used to look after each other instead of fighting for scraps. Management didn't break us down, we self-destructed. Sadly, lots of people have gotten rich off that self-destruction and not one of them knows how to fly an ILS, land in a crosswind, or analyze the suitability of a contaminated runway for landing. So.... when you publicly advertise your desire for Pinnacle to lose their Delta contract, exactly whose "best interests" are you looking after? Your own or those of the people who continue to make money off your naiveite an inexperience with the true nature of this business?

I don't mean to be harsh, but a small dose of historical perspective would do you a world of good.

In a perfect world with a true airline pilot union....I would agree with you....But we don't have that....

Look at your new home....My crystal ball says storm clouds on the horizon with your new DAL "brothers"....How about the USAir/AWA folks?

The true nature of this business is "every man for themselves".....Should it be this way? NO.....but it is....

We are all competing with one another.....If you want to point fingers....point them at Herndon and the mainline MECs.....They created this mess....

Not Mesa...not PNCL.....not Skywest....not ASA....

Either elliminate the competition within a brand.....or accept it and compete....Those are the 2 options.....

This quote really highlights your misconceptions, Joe. ALPA did not create this mess. The corporate executives did. You'd have a legitimate position if it was that ALPA did not respond well enough to the new marketplace.

Do you honestly want those 900s so badly that you're willing to see another union pilot lose his or her job? I sincerely hope that we, as a profession, are not at this point. If we are, then this "profession" is lost.

We are and it is.

blah blah blah,,,its the pilots fault, cant you see???
blah blah bad skywest stealing 900's from asa...blah blah blah pinnacle stole 900's from asa....blah blah blah asa both skywest pilots conspired to steel more a/c from asa....pilots make decisions ....blah blah blah..

This quote really highlights your misconceptions, Joe. ALPA did not create this mess. The corporate executives did. You'd have a legitimate position if it was that ALPA did not respond well enough to the new marketplace.

The corporate executives wanted this because of cheaper labor. It was the mainline MEC's that signed off on these agreements to allow regionals to fly increasingly bigger aircraft. The regional executives were of course, happy to oblige because their company expanded and their stock went up, driving up their compensation.

I for one wish that this regional explosion hadn't happened. If my plane's painted in United colors (which it is) and I'm flying a United route, I wish that I'd be a United pilot on the United seniority list, no matter the size of the aircraft.

But the industry is where it is now. You want to be a major airline pilot? You have to play the regional out-sourcing "game."

The only losers in this new airline economics environment are pilots.

Just my 2 cents.

This quote really highlights your misconceptions, Joe. ALPA did not create this mess.

You obviously didn't get the RJDC memo. Not only is ALPA responsible for this, they're also responsible for global warming, the AIDS epidemic in Africa, and hurricane Katrina. ;) At least that's what Joey and his butt-buddy Dano think.

You obviously didn't get the RJDC memo. Not only is ALPA responsible for this, they're also responsible for global warming, the AIDS epidemic in Africa, and hurricane Katrina. ;) At least that's what Joey and his butt-buddy Dano think.

I still can't figure out why you're hanging on to Pinnacle so much. YOU DON'T WORK HERE ANYMORE for God's sake!

Or are you back here? What's up?

I still can't figure out why you're hanging on to Pinnacle so much.

I spent over five years there and still have many friends that work there. I spent three years as a member of the MEC working towards a new contract and improvements for the PCL pilots. Just because I don't work there anymore doesn't mean that I don't care about what happens to the pilots that I used to represent.

YOU DON'T WORK HERE ANYMORE for God's sake!

Thank God!

Okay, lets stop this right now, I got a few lines into this thread and saw the same ole trend in pilot groups bashing other pilot groups. I am a Mesaba pilot and there has been this rift between pinnacle and Mesaba for years, many of us have been trying to put a stop to it, as we should support one another. I for one know a lot of good pilots at pinnacle, just drop the bashing. I must say this, if ALPA was truely a united union, we would not have this problem of competing for the lowest salary. I Know many of you want to bash Mesaba for our low rates, but in todays environment with the government being used as a tool by corporations (bankruptcy court bias towards business) its no ones fault except the greedy B@staches who saw separate pilot unions negotiating on their own as a tool for higher rates for senior pilots. Now we have to live with it......try this sometime, when you see a senior guy, suggest a one rate for all carriers on a specific AC and see what he says......"NO WAY!" Will be the response.

good day, and good luck 9E on your new routes and planes, hope you get a good deal soon on your contract.

Another XJ guy I'd like to drink with:beer:

Rook (former 9E'r)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back