Pinnacle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LOL - one ugly bitch, huh? Probably. :D

I did NOT mean to imply that they can't fly, don't take it to mean that AT ALL. I've only flown with one of them, decent stick, no problems noted other than she was low-time and her situational awareness was better than most 400 hour pilots but still not where I'd *prefer* my F/O to be, I'm sure she's done nothing but improved. I didn't fly with the other at all.

I was speaking more of getting a job as a 121 Jet F/O with 300 to 500 hours total time. Either you fork out some major bucks at GIA or you have "something else" going for you and, given how many 300-1000 hour schedulers, dispatchers, and even F/A's at PCL who haven't gotten on as a pilot, and my brain instinctively makes an intuitive leap. :D

Historically speaking, EEOC guidelines have made sure minorities have better access to better jobs earlier in their career than the rest of us. Just a fact of aviation life, nothing new and not a slam on them professionally.

I just remember what life was like on reserve when they were working scheduling. My therapist says there's still hope for me... (jk *snicker*) ;)

PEACE! :)

You do have a chance...as per your own beliefs.

Lear70 said:
Must be nice to be hot, young, females in aviation - the wheels of progress seem to grease themselves.

HHhmmmm….I know couple of male pilots at Delta and NWA who got on without any experience with the regionals. One came from training, other from scheduling. So, I guess there’s a guy (or few) in Delta and NWA Pilot Recruitment who like the ‘strong’ young males. Try finding those guys and you might just luck out.

Bunny

Lear70 said:
Historically speaking, EEOC guidelines have made sure minorities have better access to better jobs earlier in their career than the rest of us. Just a fact of aviation life, nothing new and not a slam on them professionally.

Guess I need to go buy a pair of TiGGol's and I'd be set. :laugh:

FlyBunny said:
HHhmmmm….I know couple of male pilots at Delta and NWA who got on without any experience with the regionals. One came from training, other from scheduling. So, I guess there’s a guy (or few) in Delta and NWA Pilot Recruitment who like the ‘strong’ young males. Try finding those guys and you might just luck out.

Bunny
Bunny... Who said anything about prior experience at a regional? I was talking about them getting INTO a regional with lower hours than what's required for everyone else.

Incidentally, no one believes ANYTHING you write anymore.

You claim one week to be a genius aerodynamics expert teaching class part time (yet don't know the difference between "emeritus and Emirates"?), then claim a different week to be an Airbus pilot in Europe, then claim THIS week to somehow personally know a couple of DAL and NWA pilots who came from training and scheduling? Even though the European carriers don't hire U.S. pilots, yet you somehow were here long enough to make friends with schedulers and trainers who made it all the way to NWA and DAL?

Unless those were guys hired back in the 60's, I call *cough* Bullsh*t! Tell you what... PM me their contact info so I can go to the MEC at both companies and privately verify it and I'll come back here and publicly apologize to you.

Didn't think so... MYOFB which, unless you work(ed) at PCL, means it's NOT yfb.

Rook... ummmm, yeah. :0 But then you'd never want to leave the house.... ;) I know I wouldn't.

Lear70 said:
Why? They weren't. Especially the taller brunette who got married last year

You forget, I sat reserve for 3 years of mostly ready reserve 9 hours at the airport EVERY DAY. Hearing their voice at the end of the phone was basically like giving up on life for the rest of that day.

. :)

Holy nuts, would a new hire nowadays sit reserve for 3 years?

Dumb Pilot said:
First. I've flown with both of them and in top of the attributes that you mentioned they happen to be good pilots as well. I seems that you implied that the only reason they would progress is because of their looks

Whoa... every reccurent they were paraded out and about for our viewing pleasure. They also were the "lowest" time pilots that came to the line during that period. Also add the only "low time" pilots who came through internship program and while I am at it... the internship program was suspended shortly after they completed training. There has not been a successful intern in almost a year and the last intern had double the time they had.

I am not questioning their airmanship at all, I have not heard one bad thing. I do agree with Lear though... they got the fast track above many other qualified pilots.

air cowboy said:
Holy nuts, would a new hire nowadays sit reserve for 3 years?
I guess I should clarify:

I was hired as a direct-entry street captain on the CRJ. They were having a bit of training trouble and the failure rate was extremely high and a lot of their pilots were short the upgrade flight time.

Right after I finished OE 9/11 happened and hiring was suspended for about 3 months - gave enough time for the senior guys in the right seat to get the flight time for upgrade and we were stupid enough to explain to the company why the training program wasn't working.

People started passing training in the 90% again and the street Captains got stuck at the bottom of the list - the risks you take if you take a street CA position anywhere.

Incidentally, before someone goes off on a rant about PCL training, the problem was that the sim course was designed BY FLIGHT SAFETY. This means that highly-experienced jet captains were teaching the jet for OTHER highly-experienced jet captains in a very automation-focused simulator environment, thinking everyone who was upgrading had been flying jets for a while. Unfortunately, most of those guys were turboprop drivers and had never seen a jet. So since you got VERY few chances to hand-fly the aircraft during training, about HALF the turboprop transition guys would roll the airplane over on a V1 cut or start porpoising on a steep turn out of PTS limits, etc.

We basically refused to fly their "200 feet speed mode, 400 feet heading mode, 600 feet autopilot on" in the simulator, and elected to hand-fly the airplane most of the first 4 or 5 sim periods until we got a feel for it. Almost got us fired until we explained why, then they saw the street CA pass rate was almost 100% and they backed off.

Once they got back to the basics of teaching swept-wing jet stick and rudder skills (note, I didn't say ANYTHING about teaching aerodynamics or theory, just how to fly the d*mn plane), the pass-rate went way back up.

So, long story short, no way you'd sit reserve 3 years in the CURRENT hiring environment at PCL. When the attrition levels drop... different story, but that's a while to come yet.

Lear70 said:
Jack slap that little b*tch... And take video footage. :D

Now there ARE two female schedulers who are now pilots that I wouldn't mind running into again in a few years.

Payback's a b*tch. >;)

I don't know about 3 years ago when she was a scheduler, but I just flew with the blonde one and she is an excellent pilot. Very pleasant radio voice also, she sounds just like the actress Melanie Griffith.

Yeah, she used to date Tareq M. Seemed nice enough, she was actually a better scheduler than the brunette.

I plotted revenge for when I flew with the brunette for MONTHS after she got online... then when I was her CA, I didn't have the heart to do it. What can I say, I'm an a*shole, just not THAT big of an a*shole... :D

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back