• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They could have had an agreement yesterday if they wanted. The MEC submitted a very good proposal that would bring improvements in QOL issues and increase F/O pay and a modest raise for Capt. Pay. The proposal is fair and honorable taking into consideration the negotiating environment. We are NOT seeking to be the best paid at all, because your QOL is as important if not more than hourly rate.
But instead, they want to bully us into accepting a substandard contract that will put us even bellow MESA. With the threat of NWA taking all their flying away Yadda, Yadda.
If they want to impose MESA wages, they can actually have MESA.
Union Busting Central in Eagan, MN. Is holding the strings on this one. If you look at our management team at the right angle and on the right lite, you can actually see the strings.

The only little detail that Union Busting Central doesn't understand Is that the difference this time is that the majority of the pilot group is young enough to start again, the majority of the pilot group is not trying to protect retirement (There isn't any to protect), We don't have three books in this pilot group and we are something of an oddity in the Red Tail Family because the Airlinkers are actually behind their MEC's 1000% (I didn't misprint the additional zero)
Stop disrupting the life's of the MESABA workers and stop your whipsaw BS.

You need a contract in a hurry? GET REAL THEN.

Dumb Pilot said:
They could have had an agreement yesterday if they wanted. The MEC submitted a very good proposal that would bring improvements in QOL issues and increase F/O pay and a modest raise for Capt. Pay. The proposal is fair and honorable taking into consideration the negotiating environment. We are NOT seeking to be the best paid at all, because your QOL is as important if not more than hourly rate.
But instead, they want to bully us into accepting a substandard contract that will put us even bellow MESA. With the threat of NWA taking all their flying away Yadda, Yadda.
If they want to impose MESA wages, they can actually have MESA.
Union Busting Central in Eagan, MN. Is holding the strings on this one. If you look at our management team at the right angle and on the right lite, you can actually see the strings.

The only little detail that Union Busting Central doesn't understand Is that the difference this time is that the majority of the pilot group is young enough to start again, the majority of the pilot group is not trying to protect retirement (There isn't any to protect), We don't have three books in this pilot group and we are something of an oddity in the Red Tail Family because the Airlinkers are actually behind their MEC's 1000% (I didn't misprint the additional zero)
Stop disrupting the life's of the MESABA workers and stop your whipsaw BS.

You need a contract in a hurry? GET REAL THEN.

Amen...well said. Your XJ brothers stand with you 1000% ( that was not a misprint either)

I think all the Sat. Fedex letters just show how desperate mgmt are to get us to sign on the dotted line. But ironically, it's them who don't "get it"...

They don't really understand we don't give a darn if they paint us as the "bad guy", and the guys sitting in the ac conditioned room in MEM are the almighty labor savior.

There's a point where they stir the hornet's nest, and i believe they did just that.

When we step into NMB, which is gonna take forever, they'll know they mess with the wrong group of pilots. A lot of us here is a lot more militant than mgmt think we are, even the newbies...

Agreed, the scorched earth theory applies here. Burn them to the ground if they thing about concessions, they have not even started to see bitter yet.

the "BEST OFFER" was a joke... it seemed worse than the one we currently have... If this "BEST OFFER" somehow comes down for a vote the results better be 99.5% NO.... (someone will vote yes by mistake)... NOT 63 to 37 like big red tail pilots... STFDN

BOHICAgain said:
the "BEST OFFER" was a joke... it seemed worse than the one we currently have... If this "BEST OFFER" somehow comes down for a vote the results better be 99.5% NO.... (someone will vote yes by mistake)... NOT 63 to 37 like big red tail pilots... STFDN

Its not the loud "NO" vote that im worried about, its the silent "YES" vote thats a killer.......

i would like to think there isnt a "silent yes" among us because the contract they offered is so crappy. I cant imagine anyone voting yes....i hope i am right.

there is a silent "yes" vote, there always will be.

a "few" notes to remember, some of the senior guys cannot afford or are willing to go out on a long strike and the contract does not impact them as much as the junior group. Guys who are short timers (have other career options) have no vested interest either. Finally as the MEC letter states, the promise/threat of job security to the really junior pilots can be a silent yes.

the silent yes may not be by choice, but by survival.

the question is how many silent yes votes.

I think it is fair game that these letters are posted publicly. Other pilots can see what to expect when these letters start flying at their properties.

I have been seeing these EXACT letters (oh the trivial issues and names change but they are essentially the same) every contract time for DECADES......

If anyone should be unhappy it should be Mike Campbell..... he wrote most of this crap for Ford and Harrison...

Oh wait doesn't he work for delta now???? just gonna help the boys in ATL see things the corporate way!!!

It ain't new,,,it ain't special,,, it sure ain't gonna stop in my lifetime......

But it sure does still p%^& me off that I get this junk mail along with all the overdue bills...(cause I'm paid so much I guess)..........

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back