Pinnacle To Get United Flying?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Skywest and ASA turn a profit......

You only turn a profit because of artificial cost-plus agreements that you have with mainline. Replacement jets are loss-leaders. They don't turn a profit on their own, but they feed mainline routes that can turn a profit.

Keep it up PCL.....How are your "real" airplanes doing at Air Tran....are they "turning a profit".......Our little airplanes are.....

Actually, yes, at these oil prices we are. Last statements made to investors were that we would be profitable at prices under $110/bbl.

Totally makes sense that an airline in deep contract negotiations would get new flying... oh wait, it's United, it does make sense... enjoy it while it lasts

I wasn't there, but I believe he is referring to a meeting with the Comair President, as we like to call him, "the New Guy". So yes it was a real meeting and no, he doesn't really have a clue.
I was at the "Team Summit" meeting an there was nothing said about Pinnacle and United. What was said, was that UA has been to the GO twice and like what they see; and there is an excellant chance that when things settle down that there would be an opportunity for 50 seat flying, but he's not sure how much or for how long. Of course I'll believe it when I see the first Comair a/c painted in UEX colors!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I was at the "Team Summit" meeting an there was nothing said about Pinnacle and United. What was said, was that UA has been to the GO twice and like what they see; and there is an excellant chance that when things settle down that there would be an opportunity for 50 seat flying, but he's not sure how much or for how long. Of course I'll believe it when I see the first Comair a/c painted in UEX colors!:rolleyes:

If that is / was the case then I and my source stand corrected.

Thanks for the post.

Carry on about your business.

I was at the GO twice. I went downstairs to the Cafeteria and I didn't like what I saw. I may have thrown up a little in my mouth; how much and for how long is yet to be determined. When things settle down in my stomach then I will believe that it was indeed edible.

Last edited:
Skywest and ASA turn a profit......Should we only fly airliners with more than 76 seats? What magically happens with profitability with 76 seats? Are the "big" "real" airplanes that United flies "turning a profit"?

Keep it up PCL.....How are your "real" airplanes doing at Air Tran....are they "turning a profit".......Our little airplanes are.....

Ohhhhhh,

SNAP!!!!

-Looks like he verybally kicked you right in the pee-pee!

Go JOE!

-Give PCL a Norris-style beat-down!

R-idiculous for
U-nited to choose a
M-ismanaged regional airline with
O-verly incompetent leaders and
R-usty employee/management relations

Why wouldn't United chose a regional most like itself?

Skywest and ASA turn a profit......Should we only fly airliners with more than 76 seats? What magically happens with profitability with 76 seats? Are the "big" "real" airplanes that United flies "turning a profit"?
.......Our little airplanes are.....

Uhhh....wow. Can somebody get this guy a clue, and less hairgel?

Regional economics 101- Only reason any regionals make money is because they're paid per flight, with no overhead like fuel costs. Just about all regionals turn a profit each qtr- even the horribly managed ones.

50 seat jets are dead for future growth. Turnboprops and anything more than 70 seats are the only things that make mainlines can loose minimal money on.

Uhhh....wow. Can somebody get this guy a clue, and less hairgel?

Regional economics 101- Only reason any regionals make money is because they're paid per flight, with no overhead like fuel costs. Just about all regionals turn a profit each qtr- even the horribly managed ones.

50 seat jets are dead for future growth. Turnboprops and anything more than 70 seats are the only things that make mainlines can loose minimal money on.

Captain "Loose"

-Hey, look-your belt is "loose!"
-Got any "loose" change?

-I am about to "loose" my mind if 95% of you goombahs can't figure out the difference between "lose" and "loose."

-I'M GONNA "LOOSE" IT!!!!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back