Pinnacle To Get United Flying?

JECKEL

God's Own Drunk
Total Time
No source or anything real like that.

Supposedly, during a meeting this morning, it was announced that Pinnacle was going to be awarded 50-seat flying for United.

Good day!

PCL_128

Total Time
5000+
Wouldn't surprise me. Park 100 real airplanes and then get a bunch of outsourced replacement jets. Sounds exactly like something Tilton would do. :rolleyes:

www.glenntilton.com

DoinTime

Total Time
6000+

Supposedly, during a meeting this morning, it was announced that Pinnacle was going to be awarded 50-seat flying for United.

Good day!
Was this an online Flight Info members meeting or a meeting of people who have a clue?

Broke in CVG

Broke AGAIN in CVG!
Total Time
Life
Was this an online Flight Info members meeting or a meeting of people who have a clue?
I wasn't there, but I believe he is referring to a meeting with the Comair President, as we like to call him, "the New Guy". So yes it was a real meeting and no, he doesn't really have a clue.

JoeMerchant

ASA pilot
Total Time
14000+
Wouldn't surprise me. Park 100 real airplanes do. :rolleyes:
What defines a "real" airplane? It was that logic that got us into this mess in the first place......When the mainlines flew airplanes with less than 50 seats that had propellers.....were they "real" airplanes?

silver02ex

Total Time
5500+

Good day!

Where would these airplane come from?

PCL_128

Total Time
5000+

Flyer1015

Total Time
Moola
R-idiculous for
U-nited to choose a
M-ismanaged regional airline with
O-verly incompetent leaders and
R-usty employee/management relations

JoeMerchant

ASA pilot
Total Time
14000+
One that can actually turn a profit, Joey. You know, one with more than 76 seats.
Skywest and ASA turn a profit......Should we only fly airliners with more than 76 seats? What magically happens with profitability with 76 seats? Are the "big" "real" airplanes that United flies "turning a profit"?

Keep it up PCL.....How are your "real" airplanes doing at Air Tran....are they "turning a profit".......Our little airplanes are.....

PCL_128

Total Time
5000+
Skywest and ASA turn a profit......
You only turn a profit because of artificial cost-plus agreements that you have with mainline. Replacement jets are loss-leaders. They don't turn a profit on their own, but they feed mainline routes that can turn a profit.

Keep it up PCL.....How are your "real" airplanes doing at Air Tran....are they "turning a profit".......Our little airplanes are.....
Actually, yes, at these oil prices we are. Last statements made to investors were that we would be profitable at prices under $110/bbl.

spudskier

Total Time
<enuf
Totally makes sense that an airline in deep contract negotiations would get new flying... oh wait, it's United, it does make sense... enjoy it while it lasts

Seaknight1

Total Time
I wasn't there, but I believe he is referring to a meeting with the Comair President, as we like to call him, "the New Guy". So yes it was a real meeting and no, he doesn't really have a clue.
I was at the "Team Summit" meeting an there was nothing said about Pinnacle and United. What was said, was that UA has been to the GO twice and like what they see; and there is an excellant chance that when things settle down that there would be an opportunity for 50 seat flying, but he's not sure how much or for how long. Of course I'll believe it when I see the first Comair a/c painted in UEX colors!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

JECKEL

God's Own Drunk
Total Time
I was at the "Team Summit" meeting an there was nothing said about Pinnacle and United. What was said, was that UA has been to the GO twice and like what they see; and there is an excellant chance that when things settle down that there would be an opportunity for 50 seat flying, but he's not sure how much or for how long. Of course I'll believe it when I see the first Comair a/c painted in UEX colors!:rolleyes:
If that is / was the case then I and my source stand corrected.

Thanks for the post.

Carry on about your business.

Broke in CVG

Broke AGAIN in CVG!
Total Time
Life
I was at the GO twice. I went downstairs to the Cafeteria and I didn't like what I saw. I may have thrown up a little in my mouth; how much and for how long is yet to be determined. When things settle down in my stomach then I will believe that it was indeed edible.

Last edited:

crj567

Skywest and ASA turn a profit......Should we only fly airliners with more than 76 seats? What magically happens with profitability with 76 seats? Are the "big" "real" airplanes that United flies "turning a profit"?

Ohhhhhh,

SNAP!!!!

-Looks like he verybally kicked you right in the pee-pee!

Go JOE!

-Give PCL a Norris-style beat-down!

SpauldingSmails

Aboard the sloop.
Total Time
>7000
R-idiculous for
U-nited to choose a
M-ismanaged regional airline with
O-verly incompetent leaders and
R-usty employee/management relations

Why wouldn't United chose a regional most like itself?

relief tube

Total Time
.......Our little airplanes are.....
Uhhh....wow. Can somebody get this guy a clue, and less hairgel?

Regional economics 101- Only reason any regionals make money is because they're paid per flight, with no overhead like fuel costs. Just about all regionals turn a profit each qtr- even the horribly managed ones.

50 seat jets are dead for future growth. Turnboprops and anything more than 70 seats are the only things that make mainlines can loose minimal money on.

crj567

Uhhh....wow. Can somebody get this guy a clue, and less hairgel?

Regional economics 101- Only reason any regionals make money is because they're paid per flight, with no overhead like fuel costs. Just about all regionals turn a profit each qtr- even the horribly managed ones.

50 seat jets are dead for future growth. Turnboprops and anything more than 70 seats are the only things that make mainlines can loose minimal money on.
Captain "Loose"

-Hey, look-your belt is "loose!"
-Got any "loose" change?

-I am about to "loose" my mind if 95% of you goombahs can't figure out the difference between "lose" and "loose."

-I'M GONNA "LOOSE" IT!!!!!!!!!