Pinnacle question.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PCL_128 said:
There is a commuter clause, but that's not really the issue. The problem is that the schedules are so horribly built that you lose 4-6 days off a month with the commute because the trips all start early morning and end late at night. You almost always have to commute up the day before work and commute home the day after. In other words, with a 10 day off line you'll be lucky to be home 6-7 days that month.

I know you also commute out of ATL. How is that treating you. ABout how many days are you home per month? Where are you based? What if you were based somehwhere a little closer like MEM, would that help or would you still only have 6-7 days home per month?

B-J-J Fighter said:
I know you also commute out of ATL. How is that treating you. ABout how many days are you home per month? Where are you based? What if you were based somehwhere a little closer like MEM, would that help or would you still only have 6-7 days home per month?

I'm based in DTW. The ATL commute definitely isn't easy. The last flight home from DTW leaves at 8:10pm, so very few trips get you back in time to commute home unless you want to take UPS and get home at 4am the following morning. Almost all Delta and NWA flights are oversold, so you'll have to ride the flight deck jumpseat most of the time. Airtran doesn't have CASS yet, so that doesn't help the situation. I've been bidding CDO lines to help with the commute. I can hold 14-15 days off, but it's usually still better to bid the 10 day off CDO line because you can always commute up on the first day and home on the last day and still have half the day at home. Going to MEM wouldn't help because MEM is so senior, and there are fewer flights to MEM than DTW.

blackbox said:
I dont think its that bad for commuting. Any where u work commuting is gonna suck compared to living in base.

Commuting is always harder than living in base, but not as hard as it is at PCL. Most companies have at least a fair amount of commutable lines to help the commuters. DTW is 85% commuters at last count, but the company refuses to assist us by changing a few parameters in the pairing generator to adjust show and release times to help us out. The change to their costs would be minimal, but the increase in morale would be ten-fold.

PCL_128 said:
I'm based in DTW. The ATL commute definitely isn't easy. The last flight home from DTW leaves at 8:10pm, so very few trips get you back in time to commute home unless you want to take UPS and get home at 4am the following morning. Almost all Delta and NWA flights are oversold, so you'll have to ride the flight deck jumpseat most of the time. Airtran doesn't have CASS yet, so that doesn't help the situation. I've been bidding CDO lines to help with the commute. I can hold 14-15 days off, but it's usually still better to bid the 10 day off CDO line because you can always commute up on the first day and home on the last day and still have half the day at home. Going to MEM wouldn't help because MEM is so senior, and there are fewer flights to MEM than DTW.

Thanks!

all you pinnacle pilots, i have a question for you. Im in the process of getting my fcc license. how long does it take to come in the mail if you did it online? also i applied for my passport and i was just wondering they want copies of that for hte interview, can you tell them that your pass port is being processed or do you have to have it before you go to the interview?

Jeff775621 said:
all you pinnacle pilots, i have a question for you. Im in the process of getting my fcc license. how long does it take to come in the mail if you did it online? also i applied for my passport and i was just wondering they want copies of that for hte interview, can you tell them that your pass port is being processed or do you have to have it before you go to the interview?

Im not trying to be rude, but all of these things you have asked about are the minimum requirements. Why would you send a resume and then mad dash to get everything that you knew you were going to need. You look very unprepared.

Smarta$$ said:
Im not trying to be rude, but all of these things you have asked about are the minimum requirements. Why would you send a resume and then mad dash to get everything that you knew you were going to need. You look very unprepared.

i didnt know a passport would take up to 6 weeks to get it processed. pardon me.

i am unprepared, cant somone ask simple questions without getting reemed? i sent my resume for the hell of it. i didnt think i would get a response from them without having my atp written completed and i did get a response. i also didnt know it takes up to 6 weeks to obtain a passport. excuse me.

Jeff775621 said:
i didnt know a passport would take up to 6 weeks to get it processed. pardon me.

How about the FCC? or ATP Written? All requirements of the job.

Like I said, I am not trying to be rude. I dont want you to be offended. I see this from time to time and it looks unprofessional to me.

Jeff775621 said:

Also, in case you overlooked this as well: You need a CURRENT first class medical with CURRENT first class priviledges.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back