Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jeff775621 said:
is it really bad at pinnacle?
It really depends who you talk to. Everyone I've talked to in person doesn't have too many bad things to say, but then again, everyone on this website says to avoid them like the plauge.

Almost all however say that if you live at your base, its an ok place to be.

Jeff775621 said:
I just got an offer for a Pinnacle interview. I know the good/bad about Pinnacle but i was reading on aviation interviews saying that they require an atp written test and if you dont have one they send you home. Ill probably go for the practice because this is my first interview with an airline. Let me know if its worth my time studying for it or not. Thanks

-Jeff

I am wondering why they would even call you if ATP WRITTEN was not on your resume. I would call them, maybe they are short enough where they are overlooking it. They were so hard up for warm bodies at awac that they went form requiring an ATP, to a written at the interview, to just complete it within your first year. Call them and ask. Then if you really want the job just go and do the All ATP's in a day.(Unless your prepared to take it, that would save you some cash)

Lines are not commutable so if you plan to commute you might be home 6-8 nights a month.

If you don't commute you can be home every night or 15-18 nights a month.
If you are single you could probably care less.

Jeff775621 said:

It's not that it's bad at Pinnacle, it's that it could get bad.

So senior people who have options are leaving, I'm sure this is killing the remaining captains in covering all the flying. How many FOs are leaving, I have no idea, but if they're short staffed on the FO side as well then get used to junior manning - but you spend less time on reserve.

If Pinnacle takes the big dive as NWA gets Compass off the ground then there will be furloughs.

But look - any regional is a crap shoot, at any time they could lose a chunk of their flying and go from being stable with quick upgrade times to furloughing like crazy and stuck in the right seat forever. If you KNEW the answers to what was going to happen you wouldn't be a pilot, you'd be a VERY well paid airline executive (because the current ones are well paid and they don't have a clue).

do any of you pinnacle pilots live in dtw and if you do? whats dtw like? schedules/reserve..thats the place id bid for.

Dude

Jeff775621 said:

Why are you even asking that question?? You can research so many threads on this website.

I am happy at Pinnacle. ......OK, not the best contract, but it all depends on what kind of attitude you come here with and whether you commute or not. People are great. That doesn't mean that I wouldn't want to move on, but I am happy to be here to use it as a stepping stone.

Ask yourself what you priorities are.
Pay while you are in the right seat for six years at other regional or 1.5 - 2.5 years at 9E. (I don't know how long, but not 6 years like some places)? Upgrade? Location(where do you want to be, where is your family)? Aircraft type? Management(We luv you, or we don't give a sh!t)?

Either way, I agree with someone who said not to bother showing up without the ATP written, because you won't even be talking to anybody.

Jeff775621 said:
do any of you pinnacle pilots live in dtw and if you do? whats dtw like? schedules/reserve..thats the place id bid for.

I live in Detroit and i get 14-16 days off a month, depending on the the type of line i get i am home 16-18 days a month. I have never been junior manned and i have been extended once. the thing i don't like about this place is the pay, captain pay is good, but f/o pay sucks. Our contract is taking forever and will take forever but if it ever does get finished, f/o's will get a raise.

Its not the greatest place in the world but I don't plan on being a regional pilot forever so its a good stepping stone to where you want to go.

Go for it!

Jeff775621 said:
I just got an offer for a Pinnacle interview. I know the good/bad about Pinnacle but i was reading on aviation interviews saying that they require an atp written test and if you dont have one they send you home. Ill probably go for the practice because this is my first interview with an airline. Let me know if its worth my time studying for it or not. Thanks

-Jeff

First airline interview and that with an 'all jet' fleet. Awesome! Congratulations!
Don't listen to anyone...just go for it. Have many friends who have flown for them and some are still flying for them. It's JUST like any other regional; has it strengths and weeknesses.
For ATP, I'd strongly recommend just going to ATP and doing it in one session: totally worth the price you pay. YOU WILL PASS on the first attempt.
The effort, time, and money you'd spend to get this requirement done (you will be sent home if you don't have this) is worth it.
Good luck.

Bunny

Latest resources

Back