Pinnacle pilots!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Smarta$$

I have heard a few pilots trying to recruit new pilots for the bonus money. Realize that the only leverage we have right now to get a new contract is the difficulty management is having finding new pilots.

DO NOT help them until they give us a contract. Your retro pay and salary raise will be worth more than this stupid bonus....

This company does not give ANYTHING away that they do not have to. They obviously can't get enough applications, so do not help them.

Management has been backtracking in negotiations. Things they had already agreed to are being backpedal'd. Negotiations are going backwards. Management thinks they are wearing us down, but it only makes me more angry. And my expectations go up the longer this takes.

For those even thinking about this place, They told me in the interview over a year ago that the contract is almost done. They lie. It is still way off and getting further.

Further evidence of their pilot shortage is the increase to FO training pay to 400 per week. The best part is that when you pass your checkride, you take a pay cut. Our salary is actually lower than the training pay now. What a joke.

Stay away until they sign a contract that brings FO's off the bottom of the industry and don't fall for their lies in the interview.

Sorry, I am very frustrated.

Pinnacle was at a career show at the Marine Corps Air Station in AZ. They told me they are looking at guys with 1000tt and 200 multi. Anything less than that has to be approved by the chief pilot. I was abt to tell the recruiter he must be smoking something really good if he's looking to get someone at such high times while every other regional's hiring at the minimum requirement of having a pulse.

Pinnacle was at a career show at the Marine Corps Air Station in AZ. They told me they are looking at guys with 1000tt and 200 multi. Anything less than that has to be approved by the chief pilot. I was abt to tell the recruiter he must be smoking something really good if he's looking to get someone at such high times while every other regional's hiring at the minimum requirement of having a pulse.

They want people to Pay 30 grand for a RJ transition course or buy a type rating in an airplane that has nothing to do with a CRJ to get the lower mins.

I think 1000 hours should be the minimum for ANY airline job though.

Last edited:
I have 1200TT, CFII MEI, but only 20ME and PCL HR sent me an email asking "do you have more than 20 hours of multi yet?"

WTF, they hire people with a wet commercial multi ticket but they want me to have more multi? Just trying to make sense of this...

I have 1200TT, CFII MEI, but only 20ME and PCL HR sent me an email asking "do you have more than 20 hours of multi yet?"

WTF, they hire people with a wet commercial multi ticket but they want me to have more multi? Just trying to make sense of this...

They shouldn't even require the multi rating. You could just get signed off during your sim and then your SIC checkride could also be your CMEL checkride.

Who cares about multi time? It's really not that important anyway.

HAHAHA!

don't go to PNCL, hold out for better

Well maybe you should just get more multi time then or just settle for mesa. stop crying and fix your own problem

Well maybe you should just get more multi time then or just settle for mesa. stop crying and fix your own problem

I'm getting plenty of call backs actually. Are you suggesting PCL is so special that I should go out and drop 10 grand on a block of multi (or even get another job) for the priviledge of working for a company that would hire a 300 hour wonder over me? I know you're not, so stop sounding like a prick.

I'm getting plenty of call backs actually. Are you suggesting PCL is so special that I should go out and drop 10 grand on a block of multi (or even get another job) for the priviledge of working for a company that would hire a 300 hour wonder over me? I know you're not, so stop sounding like a prick.

Don't want to pee on your parade but a few months back 1200 hours was low time. If I were in your shoes I would worry about myself and not the 300 hour wonders around you. Both of you probably know nothing. Get a job, get some real experience and some time to put in your log book and move on in your career. Get your 121 PIC turbine in the fastest way you can. Along the way keep your head down and focused on the goal. The longer you instruct or pain over which regional is best the more 300 hour wonders are going to be senior to you wherever you go. Why would you spend money on a block of time when Mesa is willing to pay you to fly it?

Bask in the sunlight of the pilot shortage my friend.

Latest resources

Back