Pinnacle pilots!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
or do what everyone else does

go to any regional that has a short training period. Go fly there for four months and bam the worst you can have is a few hundred multi turbine. Then just quit and go to a better place. I don't think its a grand idea, but it certainly seems to work for a whole group of people that were in my class

hey flyphish what is that in your avatar? looks like a 170 or 190 whos is it?
That would be the late great Chicago Express. The EMB-170 was a promotional photo (photoshopped) from Embrair when they were trying to woo them for an aircraft sale.

Why would you spend money on a block of time when Mesa is willing to pay you to fly it?

Bask in the sunlight of the pilot shortage my friend.

I actually agree with most everything you, shortbus, and flyPhish said, but it is a little disconcerting that 2 out of the 3 of you recommended Mesa!

I actually agree with most everything you, shortbus, and flyPhish said, but it is a little disconcerting that 2 out of the 3 of you recommended Mesa!

I never worked for them so I can't say how bad it is. I've come to the realization that it is a tough go anywhere. At least now people are starting to get to move on again! Good luck.

Vectorvictor is right....bask in the sunlight of pilot shortage. Most of all regionals have the same problems. It's just the depth of the problems that make QOL diff from each other. Get that PIC 121 time and jump out as soon as possible. That seems to be the name of the game.

The point of the original post is spot on. First and second year pay here is pathetic. No wonder they can't find enough people to come here, nor stay afterward. They think they can throw a couple of hundred dollars at you and it will be good. I don't think so.

Take a closer look at those PCL pay scales. Unbelievable sub-par.

We need a contract NOW.

Thanks, I just landed a job with Mesaba, which IMO is leaps and bounds ahead of alot of other regionals (PCL) in terms of QOL and mgmt competency.

Congrats. I instructed for over 2 years (1947hrs dual given if you are wondering) before I got hired at my first regional where I sat in the right seat of a 1900 for 25 months before upgrading. I'm flying with guys and girls now with 400tt that are spending the time in cruise talking about how they are so happy to have "paid their dues" at ATP or whatever pilot factory they came from and how they are looking forward to going on to a major. You hit it just at the right time. Take advantage and get yourself ahead.

VV

One more piece of advice.....be respectful and nice to everybody and don't act like a jack-@ss. You never know who is watching. This industry is real small.

I'm flying with guys and girls now with 400tt that are spending the time in cruise talking about how they are so happy to have "paid their dues" at ATP or whatever pilot factory they came from and how they are looking forward to going on to a major.

Wow, sounds like you need to carry some humble pie with you to hand out on some legs. I'm only a 500 hr guy that is scraping up some $ to get some more multi time in order to hopefully get an interview somewhere. While it would have been nice to come from a flight school that places you on a conveyor belt from zero to regional, I'm certainly glad I'm not one of the pompous ass' that you have to deal with.

Latest resources

Back