Pinnacle Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
idratherfly4283 said:
I have put enough money into this career, There is no way that I would work for a place that did not pay me during training, especially to not pay for hotel. The problem with our field lately is everyone is willing to work for free nearly. If pinnacle can get away with it (apparently they can) then why would they stop? Even though I am one person and I don't matter to pinnacle, I won't sacrafice my morals just to hop into a jet.

Pinnacle DOES pay you during training. They dont pay for your hotel. I quote you "I won't sacrafice my morals just to hop into a jet." LOL...I don't guess you get out much or you want to be flying a baron for the rest of you life. You have to suck it up for 2 months. You know what? Iam gald you wont go to pinnacle!! That just means that other pilots that really care about what they do will get hired not you. Did you ever think that pinnacle may do that to weed people out. I'am sure you did b/c it sounds like you know EVERYTHING!! Have fun at 8000ft in your baron!!

Yes great way to weed people out, by making the people that can't afford to pay, pay. If that is the platform of pinnacle then screw them. Other pilots can have their job, and for your information I make more than most 3 year regional guys in my little baron. At the end of the day, I at least still have my pride, and oh yeah my money.

everybody knows that in this industry you need to sacrafice a little... and paying for a hotel is one of them, and if you cant stand paying for a hotel for a while, your pathetic. You have to start at the botttom to get to the top no matter where you go, and at some places it will be paying for a hotel, and other places it could be something else. Suck it up and get over it

Thank you mister I am not even instrument rated and haven't come close to spending 40,000 dollars on flight courses and 50,000 on school.

So let's see here, if you got a good deal on a hotel at 50 dollars a night, for seven nights a week, for roughly six weeks, could be more. That gives you 2100 dollars out of pocket. I don't know about anyone else, but that is a little excessive especially when places will pay for your hotel, listen this isn't an argument, it is a prefrence, I prefer not to be a butt licking biatch, if you like to lick butt then go to pinnacle and waste your money, as for this thread i am done.

idratherfly4283 said:
Thank you mister I am not even instrument rated and haven't come close to spending 40,000 dollars on flight courses and 50,000 on school.

And that means jack F*cking squat... your point being? just cause I dont have a lot of flight time doesnt mean I dont know how things work... and I am sorry you spent so much money...

Last edited:
I think we need to set the record straight. Before you bash PCL for not paying for hotel during training, please post what your company pays you during training, i.e. wage or stipend, pay for hotel?? Then we can start making some comparison.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I believe not all regionals will pay for the hotel of their new hire for the whole duration of the training, which lasts from 6-8 weeks.

idratherfly4283 said:
Yes great way to weed people out, by making the people that can't afford to pay, pay. If that is the platform of pinnacle then screw them. Other pilots can have their job, and for your information I make more than most 3 year regional guys in my little baron. At the end of the day, I at least still have my pride, and oh yeah my money.

i thought you didn't have a 121 or 135 job right now. are you trying to say that you make more flight instructing than a 3rd year regional pilot?

MVSW said:
idratherfly4283 said:
I have put enough money into this career, There is no way that I would work for a place that did not pay me during training, especially to not pay for hotel. The problem with our field lately is everyone is willing to work for free nearly. If pinnacle can get away with it (apparently they can) then why would they stop? Even though I am one person and I don't matter to pinnacle, I won't sacrafice my morals just to hop into a jet.

Pinnacle DOES pay you during training. They dont pay for your hotel. I quote you "I won't sacrafice my morals just to hop into a jet." LOL...I don't guess you get out much or you want to be flying a baron for the rest of you life. You have to suck it up for 2 months. You know what? Iam gald you wont go to pinnacle!! That just means that other pilots that really care about what they do will get hired not you. Did you ever think that pinnacle may do that to weed people out. I'am sure you did b/c it sounds like you know EVERYTHING!! Have fun at 8000ft in your baron!!

So how was Gulfstream? Or did you pop out of the womb a pinnacle company man?

Latest resources

Back