Pinnacle Pilots

tach32

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 28, 2002
Posts
103
Total Time
6800
Pinnacle Pilots:
No travel pass, no ID while in training until completion of checkride? Is this still true?
 

PCL_128

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 21, 2002
Posts
15,296
Total Time
5000+
Yep. They're paying $200/wk now, but still no hotel and no ID until after the checkride.
 

KnightDog

The carrot is all we have
Joined
Jun 5, 2004
Posts
18
Total Time
7700
That should give you a good hint into a future there!
 

Carl_Spackler

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 10, 2005
Posts
705
Total Time
9500
don't bother lowering yourself and going to nwa then.
 

idratherfly4283

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 28, 2004
Posts
86
Total Time
risin
I have put enough money into this career, There is no way that I would work for a place that did not pay me during training, especially to not pay for hotel. The problem with our field lately is everyone is willing to work for free nearly. If pinnacle can get away with it (apparently they can) then why would they stop? Even though I am one person and I don't matter to pinnacle, I won't sacrafice my morals just to hop into a jet.
 

Lequip

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 26, 2004
Posts
196
Total Time
13500
idratherfly4283 said:
they don't pay for your hotel while in training? That's crap
This comes from the idiot who was bragging about his 60 hours of turbine PIC time to go along with his 1000 TT. UAL and NWA don't pay for hotels either when you are are new hire so I suppose you will tell them to shove it also. Get a clue you stupid a$$, pencil whippin punk!!!!!
 

idratherfly4283

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 28, 2004
Posts
86
Total Time
risin
I am not sure I would call it bragging, but I would call you a douche. And get your head out of your a$$ you ego maniac think he is the sht because he is a captain with 10,000+ hours ohhhhh I bow to you your holiness. Get a clue you are nothing but a bus driver quit thinking you are more
 

MVSW

Well-known member
Joined
May 19, 2005
Posts
221
Total Time
Growin
idratherfly4283 said:
I have put enough money into this career, There is no way that I would work for a place that did not pay me during training, especially to not pay for hotel. The problem with our field lately is everyone is willing to work for free nearly. If pinnacle can get away with it (apparently they can) then why would they stop? Even though I am one person and I don't matter to pinnacle, I won't sacrafice my morals just to hop into a jet.

Pinnacle DOES pay you during training. They dont pay for your hotel. I quote you "I won't sacrafice my morals just to hop into a jet." LOL...I don't guess you get out much or you want to be flying a baron for the rest of you life. You have to suck it up for 2 months. You know what? Iam gald you wont go to pinnacle!! That just means that other pilots that really care about what they do will get hired not you. Did you ever think that pinnacle may do that to weed people out. I'am sure you did b/c it sounds like you know EVERYTHING!! Have fun at 8000ft in your baron!!
 

idratherfly4283

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 28, 2004
Posts
86
Total Time
risin
Yes great way to weed people out, by making the people that can't afford to pay, pay. If that is the platform of pinnacle then screw them. Other pilots can have their job, and for your information I make more than most 3 year regional guys in my little baron. At the end of the day, I at least still have my pride, and oh yeah my money.
 

QuasarZ

Well-known member
Joined
May 16, 2005
Posts
328
Total Time
+/-
everybody knows that in this industry you need to sacrafice a little... and paying for a hotel is one of them, and if you cant stand paying for a hotel for a while, your pathetic. You have to start at the botttom to get to the top no matter where you go, and at some places it will be paying for a hotel, and other places it could be something else. Suck it up and get over it
 

idratherfly4283

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 28, 2004
Posts
86
Total Time
risin
Thank you mister I am not even instrument rated and haven't come close to spending 40,000 dollars on flight courses and 50,000 on school.
 

idratherfly4283

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 28, 2004
Posts
86
Total Time
risin
So let's see here, if you got a good deal on a hotel at 50 dollars a night, for seven nights a week, for roughly six weeks, could be more. That gives you 2100 dollars out of pocket. I don't know about anyone else, but that is a little excessive especially when places will pay for your hotel, listen this isn't an argument, it is a prefrence, I prefer not to be a butt licking biatch, if you like to lick butt then go to pinnacle and waste your money, as for this thread i am done.
 

QuasarZ

Well-known member
Joined
May 16, 2005
Posts
328
Total Time
+/-
idratherfly4283 said:
Thank you mister I am not even instrument rated and haven't come close to spending 40,000 dollars on flight courses and 50,000 on school.
And that means jack F*cking squat... your point being? just cause I dont have a lot of flight time doesnt mean I dont know how things work... and I am sorry you spent so much money...
 
Last edited:

another cfii

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 1, 2002
Posts
540
Total Time
5000+
I think we need to set the record straight. Before you bash PCL for not paying for hotel during training, please post what your company pays you during training, i.e. wage or stipend, pay for hotel?? Then we can start making some comparison.


Correct me if i'm wrong, but I believe not all regionals will pay for the hotel of their new hire for the whole duration of the training, which lasts from 6-8 weeks.
 

smartnetjetwife

smarter than the original
Joined
May 19, 2005
Posts
12
Total Time
7500
idratherfly4283 said:
Yes great way to weed people out, by making the people that can't afford to pay, pay. If that is the platform of pinnacle then screw them. Other pilots can have their job, and for your information I make more than most 3 year regional guys in my little baron. At the end of the day, I at least still have my pride, and oh yeah my money.
i thought you didn't have a 121 or 135 job right now. are you trying to say that you make more flight instructing than a 3rd year regional pilot?
 

Detroitpilot22

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Posts
301
Total Time
2000
hey, all i have to say is that im happy that i have an interview with pinnacle
 

FlyingFerris

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 9, 2005
Posts
99
Total Time
1700
MVSW said:
idratherfly4283 said:
I have put enough money into this career, There is no way that I would work for a place that did not pay me during training, especially to not pay for hotel. The problem with our field lately is everyone is willing to work for free nearly. If pinnacle can get away with it (apparently they can) then why would they stop? Even though I am one person and I don't matter to pinnacle, I won't sacrafice my morals just to hop into a jet.

Pinnacle DOES pay you during training. They dont pay for your hotel. I quote you "I won't sacrafice my morals just to hop into a jet." LOL...I don't guess you get out much or you want to be flying a baron for the rest of you life. You have to suck it up for 2 months. You know what? Iam gald you wont go to pinnacle!! That just means that other pilots that really care about what they do will get hired not you. Did you ever think that pinnacle may do that to weed people out. I'am sure you did b/c it sounds like you know EVERYTHING!! Have fun at 8000ft in your baron!!
So how was Gulfstream? Or did you pop out of the womb a pinnacle company man?
 
Top