• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Pilots - FLY SAFE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I flew 980 hours with minimal days off in 2007. I'm in my mid 20s and fatigue really exists! Its insidious, you feel fine and then the next thing you know consecutive days of 10 hours of sleep is not enough.

I can only help but wonder what ran through managment's heads when they saw 63% ontime performance for '07.

Our completion and on-time performance has got to be shot to hell lately. So much that they stopped publishing it on our employee website.. hmm

Last edited:
Be extremely careful what you wish for or else you will get plenty of breaks. Would you prefer 14-16 hour duty days with multiple 2-4 hour sits?
A typical duty day at Pinnacle is already 14+ hours. They really can't make the duty days any worse.

Believe it or not all the Memphis based crew members got a crew-message on crewtrac from the base manager stating we'd be called-in for a meeting if we called in fatigued. The messaged stated it was for... and I quote... "fatigue analiysis". note the spelling
Spread the word that they can't do anything about fatigue calls. The meetings will be non-events. It's nothing more than another intimidation tactic. They think that they can reduce fatigue calls simply by threatening pilots with meetings, even though they know that they can't do anything in these meetings. Also, refuse to meet with them on your days off unless they agree to pay you and give you a comp day. If they want to meet with you, then they'll have to find some time to do it during your normal duty period, even if it means buying you off of a few legs. Play hardball with these sons of bit--es.

In Addition:

• Check the Batt On light in the nose door panel.
  • ADG placard
  • Open every panel and check grounding straps, hinges, etc.
  • If the FMS button paint is worn away on even 1 button thats a write up.
  • White paint missing on the thrust levers is a write up.
  • Check spare fuses on FO's side. They are frequently missing.
  • Check flashlight batteries
  • Shut off all hydraulic pumps and monitor pressure. If the accumulator cannot maintain pressure for 15 minutes it's a write up.
  • Check the 2 drain holes at the bottom of the engine nacelle. There is frequently FOD rolling around in there or even sticking out the holes. (Usually little metal pins and such).
That's all I can remember for now. Remember safety is number 1!

In Addition:
  • Check the Batt On light in the nose door panel.
  • ADG placard
  • Open every panel and check grounding straps, hinges, etc.
  • If the FMS button paint is worn away on even 1 button thats a write up.
  • White paint missing on the thrust levers is a write up.
  • Check spare fuses on FO's side. They are frequently missing.
  • Check flashlight batteries
  • Shut off all hydraulic pumps and monitor pressure. If the accumulator cannot maintain pressure for 15 minutes it's a write up.
  • Check the 2 drain holes at the bottom of the engine nacelle. There is frequently FOD rolling around in there or even sticking out the holes. (Usually little metal pins and such).
That's all I can remember for now. Remember safety is number 1!

We're frequently flying aircraft with 8-10 MEL's anyway. "Ops check ok!" They're just understaffed, underpaid, and overworked the same as us.

While this is all technically stuff we can (and occasionally do) write-up I would rather not get our contract settled through the maintenance department.
This is how you beat management. If you aren't willing to get down in the trenches, then you'll be slaves to these bastards for the rest of your life. Does it suck that the mx guys will have to work a little harder? Yup. Does it suck that pax will have to put up with delays and canceled flights? Yup. Unfortunately, that's just how you have to play the game. Until the laws change, and until management starts negotiating in good faith, you'll have to take things into your own hands.

This is how you beat management. If you aren't willing to get down in the trenches, then you'll be slaves to these bastards for the rest of your life. Does it suck that the mx guys will have to work a little harder? Yup. Does it suck that pax will have to put up with delays and canceled flights? Yup. Unfortunately, that's just how you have to play the game. Until the laws change, and until management starts negotiating in good faith, you'll have to take things into your own hands.

I think I've had 2 on-time flights so far this month and a few cancelled. If we needed to I think we would, but for now we're doing just great at providing the customer and NWA with completely disgraceful service. ...and not because we're forcing issues into delays, etc mind you.. we delay/cancel because our operations are so unimaginably bad.

The wheels are already falling off this place. I don't think there's anything to do besides sit back and watch.

Why did Orville Redenbacher stop making Cinnabon popcorn?? It was my fav.

We're frequently flying aircraft with 8-10 MEL's anyway. "Ops check ok!" They're just understaffed, underpaid, and overworked the same as us.

Check the logbook for past write ups of similar items. They can not do More than a couple OPs CHECK OK and they have to ground the aircraft for inspections.

"They don't want you to fly sick" Who wrote this? I just had to file FMLA because I went over the company police of 6 days sick in 12 months.

Tank, make sure they still pay you your sick time. The law requires them to pay you out of your sick bank if you request it.

Latest resources

Back