• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Pilots - FLY SAFE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No more calling ops or messaging dispatch for the numbers. Sit in the penalty box and wait... and wait....

Write up every issue that could be unsafe or get you violated...ie placards, sticky fms buttons, seats uncomfortable (very good one!!! grounds airplane).

Just curious... who wrote this letter??? Is this from Pinnacle's Union?
Of course not. Then it could be "misinterpreted" as encouraging a job action. I believe that was written by a line pilot not acting in any official union capacity.

And don't forget, proper nutrition is a must. You shouldn't go without your three daily meals at meal times. If the company only gives you a 45 minute turn, well that just isn't enough time for the crew to sit down and have a nutritious meal. The Captain will just have to delay the flight to ensure that his crew is properly nourished. Such a shame that Pinnacle never schedules enough breaks, so you'll just have to delay flights three times a day for your meals.

"Never Compromise Safety".....isnt that how it goes?? FLY VERY VERY SAFE!!!! and if I find myself in front of you, Ill help you fly a little safer. Good luck.

Believe it or not all the Memphis based crew members got a crew-message on crewtrac from the base manager stating we'd be called-in for a meeting if we called in fatigued. The messaged stated it was for... and I quote... "fatigue analiysis". note the spelling

If we're calling in fatigued I doubt you'll see us for this "meeting" in our free time.

Gee I wonder why people would be calling in fatigued blocking 100 hours/month with 10/off... I simply can't comprehend.

Did you folks know if we are sick for more than 3 days in a row the company will try to force us to use FMLA... even if we have all the sick time in the world built up...

Our inadequate and unqualified management comes up with all sorts of moronic intimidation tactics to force people into things unsafe. Just use your head folks.

Last edited:
Believe it or not all the Memphis based crew members got a crew-message on crewtrac from the base manager stating we'd be called-in for a meeting if we called in fatigued. The messaged stated it was for... and I quote... "fatigue analiysis". note the spelling

Good luck that ops.

Gee I wonder why people would be calling in fatigued blocking 100 hours/month with 10/off... I simply can't comprehend.

Did you folks know if we are sick for more than 3 days in a row the company will try to force us to use FMLA... even if we have all the sick time in the world built up...

Fatigue at regionals is rampant.... but crews are so used to it that they think its "normal" to fly so tired/exhausted/fatigued. Guaranteed almost every regional pilot out there is genuinely and, by all definitions, fatigued at least once a month.

How many times have you looked back upon what you did yesterday and thought "man I was really tired, I'm glad everything turned out ok"?

It is our DUTY to ourselves, our passengers, and our families to not fly fatigued, and if you're a regional airline pilot that has never called in fatigued, you are doing no service to anyone.

Airlines shouldn't think 1 fatigue call a year, or a career, is the norm with these scheduling practices.

I've had my buddies at Pinnacle tell me that, with multiple schedule changes along the way, they've done weeks with 4 highspeeds in a row, and then the 5th night being a reduced rest overnight with a 13 hour duty day the next day. THIS IS THE DEFINITION OF FATIGUE. Nobody should be flying these schedules and I don't want myself or my family on your airplane that 6th day, not even the 4th or 5th.... I don't care who you are, guaranteed with a schedule like this, YOU ARE FATIGUED. Don't endanger yourself or your passengers.

Last edited:
If the company only gives you a 45 minute turn, well that just isn't enough time for the crew to sit down and have a nutritious meal. The Captain will just have to delay the flight to ensure that his crew is properly nourished. Such a shame that Pinnacle never schedules enough breaks, so you'll just have to delay flights three times a day for your meals.

Be extremely careful what you wish for or else you will get plenty of breaks. Would you prefer 14-16 hour duty days with multiple 2-4 hour sits? I'm sure most of us would prefer 40 minute turns which is MORE than enough time to eat. Now the "flying safe" thing is extremely effective. I am speaking from experience. The delaying of flights for meal breaks will backfire big time. You will end up with maximum duty days for very little flight time.

Has anyone else ever wondered if we could all pull off a nationwide ALPA "fly safe" movement one day....think that would grab some attention. Last time I checked, the plane aint going anwhere without us.

If we're calling in fatigued I doubt you'll see us for this "meeting" in our free time.

Our inadequate and unqualified management comes up with all sorts of moronic intimidation tactics to force people into things unsafe. Just use your head folks.

I flew 980 hours with minimal days off in 2007. I'm in my mid 20s and fatigue really exists! Its insidious, you feel fine and then the next thing you know consecutive days of 10 hours of sleep is not enough.

I can only help but wonder what ran through managment's heads when they saw 63% ontime performance for '07.

Latest resources

Back