Pinnacle PIC Time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
jackbo said:
I know at some airlines in the past they have typed pilots in the plane and then had them fly as FO. You can legally log PIC from the right seat. You have to be typed and "performing the duties of a PIC."

Weird but true. However at Pinnacle I don't think they are pre-typing anyone, so that would cause this not to work.

That's a little grey. What does it say in the GOM? Usually the PIC has to sign the paperwork / Logbook and if you are not, such as a typed FO, then you are not legally the PIC. But Whatever, who doesn't have a little BIC time?

Chicagopilot22 said:
MAke those people get rent an airplane to get their pic time. Then they can find out how the rest of us who dont have 50,000 dollars lying around did things.

Thats what I'am talking about!!!

Spinn555 said:
Funny (but very real world) thought...

It is very possible that they may not have the PIC insurance requirements to RENT a small single! (Saratoga, Bonanza, Mooney, etc...)

HA! What a great airline they have there in Memphis!

Let those guys be in charge of 52 other lives...@ 250 hrs pic. Am I the only one that thinks this sounds extremely scary?

Have you been to Pinnacle? Don't talk crap about flagship if you havent been here!!

Per the FAR's, (read the book if you don't believe me) for the ATP, 250 hours PIC, OR SIC performing the duites of PIC, (ie sole manipulator of the controls; flying every other leg), or any combination there of. This has also been backed up by several FSDO's.

Pinnacle is flat out wrong on their interpretation of the regs. How do you think the 250 hour COEX new hires back in the 90's, or the 250-300 hour United/Pan Am guys from way back upgraded? Not to mention all the Gulfstream people who stayed at Gulfstream and upgraded. If you guys think that ALL these people had the cash to go out and rent an airplane, you guys are dense.

Latest resources

Back