Pinnacle PIC Time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TinGoose1

I heard the other day that Pinnacle fo's are logging PIC time on some legs to meet upgrade requirements. Can anyone at Pinnacle that knows the truth please shed some light on the subject.

-TG

I heard that some metallic waterfowl are selling fake amway products out of their mom's garage. Can anyone at amway that knows the truth please shed some light on the subject.

Just the other day I was talking to Pinnacle crew on a turn and getting advice on what to do when I get my hours up. When the topic of upgrade times came up I heard something that shocked me. The FO was actually up for an upgrade, however he didnt have required PIC time (I beleive 250 hrs???) because he was part of that Gulfstream deal. He told me he was going to rent a 172 to get his PIC time to make captain. So no I doubt there is any truth to FO's logging PIC time on the job.

As an Airlinker...I can tell you this is false. Many Gulfstream guys are having problems upgrading because they never got 250 hrs PIC when at G/S. I think this whole issue came about after our insurance questioned our two accidents. Pinnacle wrote the FAA to get around the 250 pic requirement to upgrade guys with 2500-3000 in type, however, I had heard that they did not allow this (and I agree). I've been telling guys to just suck it up and go rent a 152 to get the pic time so they can upgrade before the music stops.
On their defense, I lot of these guys are really sharp...

Its true Bling...many guys had their paperwork in for upgrade, but the whole 250 pic issue came about and several guys are being passed up until they get it. I don't think they have an option but to just go get it.

MAke those people get rent an airplane to get their pic time. Then they can find out how the rest of us who dont have 50,000 dollars lying around did things.

I know at some airlines in the past they have typed pilots in the plane and then had them fly as FO. You can legally log PIC from the right seat. You have to be typed and "performing the duties of a PIC."

Weird but true. However at Pinnacle I don't think they are pre-typing anyone, so that would cause this not to work.

1000PIC said:
I've been telling guys to just suck it up and go rent a 152 to get the pic time so they can upgrade before the music stops.

Funny (but very real world) thought...

It is very possible that they may not have the PIC insurance requirements to RENT a small single! (Saratoga, Bonanza, Mooney, etc...)

HA! What a great airline they have there in Memphis!

Let those guys be in charge of 52 other lives...@ 250 hrs pic. Am I the only one that thinks this sounds extremely scary?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back