• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle or Republic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Must have me confused with someone else but I do work at OH and we welcome your flying even in our demise.

I'm impressed, that was a very mature response. I'm a mesaba Guy and commute on pinnacle. They definitely show up late on those first flights of the day (pissing off the gate agents in the process) but they always seem to be out on time, and they always get me to my hub early. I've never encountered a bad pinnacle captain, and only 1 pathetic FO (hey im being honest here). The only suggestion I have for the pncl pilot group before we become one big happy family is to be nicer to the gate agents. Bring them chocolates or something, its weird to have to cover a turn to a station you've been going to for over a year and have thems meet us with open arms, groveling and the like because they want us back!

I'm impressed, that was a very mature response. I'm a mesaba Guy and commute on pinnacle. They definitely show up late on those first flights of the day (pissing off the gate agents in the process) but they always seem to be out on time, and they always get me to my hub early. I've never encountered a bad pinnacle captain, and only 1 pathetic FO (hey im being honest here). The only suggestion I have for the pncl pilot group before we become one big happy family is to be nicer to the gate agents. Bring them chocolates or something, its weird to have to cover a turn to a station you've been going to for over a year and have thems meet us with open arms, groveling and the like because they want us back!

I don't know about you but if gate agents aren't satisfied with professional pilots acting with a socially acceptable level of curtesy, then they can go pound sand. I'll be damned if I am going to bribe any of those people with chocolates to get them to do the job they signed up for.

I agree. Worst gate agents in the delta system happen to be in detroit along with the worst rampers and atc controllers in the country. They are beyond bribes up there. Just plain lazy. I want our JFK base back. They actually miss us up there.

I will say one thing although I have committed suicide already on this thread. I have heard the pinnacle crews are fighting going to JFK. You should go up there. It will thicken your skin and you will learn how to really fly. Think thats why they hate OH in DTW although they are starting to figure out we know what we are doing. If you can handle JFK even LGA every other airport in the country is a cakewalk. They do not hold your hand up there. DTW is boring compared to JFK.

After being based up there for 4 years I learned how to fly a CRJ on the edge of its envelope within its limitations. You actually get rewarded for hustling up there. They know how to move metal with limited runways in crap weather. I am tired already of 20 mile finals on a visual day in DTW and being slowed to 210 kts 30 miles out.

DTW is a mess. Why do I have to talk to 4 different ground frequencies to get to the runway. Funny how one emergency can shut down DTW ground while JFK doesn't miss a beat. They run JFK with ONE ground frequency sometimes 2 if things are busy. They move more planes at JFK then they do at DTW with less runways. 2300 hrs of JFK time is better then 2300 hrs of DTW time any day. Just a little advice and I am not chuck yeager by any means. Just learned alot being based at JFK for 4 years. Best time of my of my flying career so far. Low point is being based in DTW.

Think Clint Eastwood said it best in Heart Break Ridge "You have to Adapt, Improvise and Overcome". That's JFK in a nutshell on a daily basis. Wish we were still there. Go up there if you have the chance!!!

Last edited:
I will say one thing although I have committed suicide already on this thread. I have heard the pinnacle crews are fighting going to JFK. You should go up there. It will thicken your skin and you will learn how to really fly. Think thats why they hate OH in DTW although they are starting to figure out we know what we are doing. If you can handle JFK even LGA every other airport in the country is a cakewalk. They do not hold your hand up there. DTW is boring compared to JFK.

After being based up there for 4 years I learned how to fly a CRJ on the edge of its envelope within its limitations. You actually get rewarded for hustling up there. They know how to move metal with limited runways in crap weather. I am tired already of 20 mile finals on a visual day in DTW and being slowed to 210 kts 30 miles out.

DTW is a mess. Why do I have to talk to 4 different ground frequencies to get to the runway. Funny how one emergency can shut down DTW ground while JFK doesn't miss a beat. They run JFK with ONE ground frequency sometimes 2 if things are busy. They move more planes at JFK then they do at DTW with less runways. 2300 hrs of JFK time is better then 2300 hrs of DTW time any day. Just a little advice and I am not chuck yeager by any means. Just learned alot being based at JFK for 4 years. Best time of my of my flying career so far. Low point is being based in DTW.

Think Clint Eastwood said it best in Heart Break Ridge "You have to Adapt, Improvise and Overcome". That's JFK in a nutshell on a daily basis. Wish we were still there. Go up there if you have the chance!!!
I believe if any PNCL person is resisting JFK it is from a cost perspective, not an operational one.

Also PNCL (9E, XJ, and 9L) have operated out of JFK for awhile with no problems. Their operations are screwed up just as bad as DTW. Even so, XJ (now PNCL) has been posting good D0 A0 A14 numbers outta there. Guess that means we haved "learned how to really fly" too huh?!?

With the changes happening at the regionals (Comair's fleet reduction and the unknown of American Eagles future) what regional will be worth going to in the next 5 to 10 years?!

Latest resources

Back