• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle, Mesaba, Colgan Reallignment

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
F*ck your relative seniority. You still have the same equipment, or even an upgrade. Because you are protected and you have a fast pass to bigger equipment with quotas that are more than adequate.

Every pinnacle First Officer has to wait until he or she can hold it on the master list because we're over 100 over our quota. A little less today, since about 20 of us had to be downgraded to accommodate your failure of an airline.

So from the bottom of my heart, we thank you.

Wow, it is very obvious from Mesaba's point of view who the failure of an airline is. It has been 14 months and this is the first thing I have seen towards integrating any of the airlines. Don't look at us for your failed management.

Wow, it is very obvious from Mesaba's point of view who the failure of an airline is. It has been 14 months and this is the first thing I have seen towards integrating any of the airlines. Don't look at us for your failed management.
You know thats a nice redirect... but airlines happen to be in the business of actually flying planes.

Mesaba would have been the next Comair with your Saabs off to the desert. So, my Pinnacle brother, you would have had a lot more to b*tch about than your piddly little lost of relative.

But we foolishly stepped in, thinking we could somehow salvage your operation. But Delta wanted you gone. And now we share your stinking failure.

I still want that PA.

bri, you are pointing a finger at our management for not hiring enough and our staffing issues. I agree on that point. But the REAL problem is the fact that we merged with a SHRINKING carrier that stood to lose about 45% of its current self! Now, everyone of us at Pinnacle is taking the hit for that 100%. Some of our most junior Captains are now making 45% less into a base they had no desire to be in, all to accomodate your shrinking airline's movement.

I agree FlyPrdu, we f**ked ourselves at Pinnacle the day we we bought and merged with a carrier shrinking by 45% of its former self.

Okay. I give up. You guys got way more hosed than we did because 10 of your pilots got downgraded to our 3. Let's talk in 5 years when the 200 ASA is up which airline got the worst of this deal. God help me I won't be working for Pinnacle.

Okay. I give up. You guys got way more hosed than we did because 10 of your pilots got downgraded to our 3. Let's talk in 5 years when the 200 ASA is up which airline got the worst of this deal. God help me I won't be working for Pinnacle.
10 pilots that needn't have to without your waste of a company.

Last edited:

Come on bri, you should know better. The disastrous result posted was only the result of one base closure of the Saab. Mesaba's shrinking is still an on-going process, and next on the chopping block are LGA, DTW, and MSP. As a Mesaba pilot, I'm sure you've already done the math on just how many Mesaba Captains and FOs on the Saabs that will get displaced. And take a damn wild guess where they are going, and take another wilde guess who will continue to downgrade and displace from that ensuing blow.

This is only the beginning of a long, painful chain reaction.

:laugh: Because Delta didn't want turboprops, we work for a waste of a company. Makes sense.
Makes sense when you're primarily a turboprop operator, doesn't it? We've hitched our wagon to the ugly girl at the ball .. and the worst thing is: we bought her dinner, and she doesn't even put out.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back