• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle, Mesaba, Colgan Reallignment

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The sh!t sandwich where the nearest 9e guy senior to me is 100 something numbers above and hired well after me, and the Colgan guys around me were hired 2 years after me? Is that not a sh!t sandwich? Be careful, XJHawk incoming... :p

What's your point? I'm in the same boat as you are. How's that just your sh*t sandwich? I was hired in 2007 at Pinnacle, and a guy at Colgan hired in Feb 2008 is now 500+ numbers above me. I got screwed the same.

It's official: Pinnacle's most junior Captains are now back in the right seat of the RJ. All this as a result of just the MEM base closure and the silly quotas. Unforunately, there is far far more to come. What about LGA, MSP, and DTW? Those Saab bases will be closing, and by some estimates it will be done before the year is over.

All you Mesaba Captains need to go up to the next Pinnacle pilot you see in the terminal, and give him 5 bucks or a thank you card or something.

We have absorbed your downgrade and furlough fodder on our backs... So I expect to be fully recognized in the terminal. I want you guys to get to the nearest PA... and announce to the terminal that if it wasn't for that Pinnacle pilot, that fourth stripe that hangs so precariously on your shoulder wouldn't be there if it wasn't for him.

That's what I want.

What's your point? I'm in the same boat as you are. How's that just your sh*t sandwich? I was hired in 2007 at Pinnacle, and a guy at Colgan hired in Feb 2008 is now 500+ numbers above me. I got screwed the same.

Were the Mesaba guys around you hired after you as well? I had both other airlines around me hired after me, and I lost relative seniority....sh!t sandwich.

All you Mesaba Captains need to go up to the next Pinnacle pilot you see in the terminal, and give him 5 bucks or a thank you card or something.

We have absorbed your downgrade and furlough fodder on our backs... So I expect to be fully recognized in the terminal. I want you guys to get to the nearest PA... and announce to the terminal that if it wasn't for that Pinnacle pilot, that fourth stripe that hangs so precariously on your shoulder wouldn't be there if it wasn't for him.

That's what I want.

Screw that. That doesn't do anything to change anything, nor does it help us. We have just become the next American Eagle in the middle of the last decade. 7-8+ year upgrades, and downgrades of our current junior Captains. I feel like the Mesaba guys are like the Eagle flowback Captains. They had the same situation, many of their current Captains were displaced to FO, and current FOs suffered a 8-10 year upgrade.

Were the Mesaba guys around you hired after you as well? I had both other airlines around me hired after me, and I lost relative seniority....sh!t sandwich.
Ok, you have a slightly more a sh*t sandwich than I do. Around me, I'm one month above the Mesaba guy. Just a month.

That's what I want.

Give him $5 for getting higher on the seniority list than me when hired after me? Nah, I'll put it towards my kid's college fund.

F*ck your relative seniority. You still have the same equipment, or even an upgrade. Because you are protected and you have a fast pass to bigger equipment with quotas that are more than adequate. Also advancement to 108 slots exclusive to Mesaba pilots only.

Every pinnacle First Officer has to wait until he or she can hold it on the master list because we're over 100 over our quota. A little less today, since about 20 of us had to be downgraded to accommodate your failure of an airline.

So from the bottom of my heart, we thank you.

Last edited:
Screw that. That doesn't do anything to change anything, nor does it help us. We have just become the next American Eagle in the middle of the last decade. 7-8+ year upgrades, and downgrades of our current junior Captains. I feel like the Mesaba guys are like the Eagle flowback Captains. They had the same situation, many of their current Captains were displaced to FO, and current FOs suffered a 8-10 year upgrade.

I hate to say it, but it isn't like Eagle. It's like the ENTIRE REGIONAL INDUSTRY right now. Age 65 messed things up for 5 years. Those moving on will do so soon (hopefully), and anyone that can get out of here in the next 5 years should do so because there is some major hurting coming when the 200 ASA is up (which coincides with our contract expiring as well I think).

Latest resources

Back