• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Lowers Upgrade Times

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mentoring is a proposal that is still aways off. A lot of logistics to go through...

bottom line...

the lowered times are to deal with the current attrition for the rest of THIS year. The thought behind it was over street captains.

We can hire street captains, but in this market what type of street captains are we going to get? those we do get, who's problem children did they belong to? how long will they stay? In the grand scheme, while I am not a large proponent of lowering the min's at least we are keeping it in the family. A guy who has at least 1000 pinnacle time is still valuable. It also may slow down the FO attrition that are leaving after a year of the right seat.

the mentoring is for beyond this year. Way too many issue's about implementation, I can see a trial in a few months and we will see if it will work.

Mentoring is a proposal that is still aways off. A lot of logistics to go through...

bottom line...

the lowered times are to deal with the current attrition for the rest of THIS year. The thought behind it was over street captains.

We can hire street captains, but in this market what type of street captains are we going to get? those we do get, who's problem children did they belong to? how long will they stay? In the grand scheme, while I am not a large proponent of lowering the min's at least we are keeping it in the family. A guy who has at least 1000 pinnacle time is still valuable. It also may slow down the FO attrition that are leaving after a year of the right seat.

the mentoring is for beyond this year. Way too many issue's about implementation, I can see a trial in a few months and we will see if it will work.

I agree, but like I said before the training department has to be re-done.

There are pilots with 350TT flying jets off of carriers..... They had 18 months of the best and specialized training...

Pinnacle could stive towards that..... oops sorry that will cost money..

Question: What will the FO with 2500 hours who upgrades do when they have 3500 hours and 1000 jet PIC? a) Stay with 9E with thanks for the great opportunity presented; or b) shop themselves off to someone else to move on up?

Methinks b) will be correct.

So what this will accomplish is to just speed up the revolving door.

It is a short sighted strategy to solve the NOW problem. It creates a bigger problem in the long term -- a shortage of CAs and FOs. The correct solution is decent pay, decent working conditions, and the creation of a place where individuals wish to work for more than the minimum amount of time.

I will no-longer feel safe putting my family on 9E, however I am still forced to jumpseat on them. I'm not joking when I say I am increasing my life insurance.

PM with your name and company, and I try and make it so your not forced to jumpseat on us anymore. You can move or drive!

PM with your name and company, and I try and make it so your not forced to jumpseat on us anymore. You can move or drive!

Hehe.. Me thinks that won't happen.. :)

Gotta love a tool bag who will bag your company, yet use you to get to work..

Umm no. Quit making assumptions. The NTSB has not released details on the TVC accident. Until then, refrain from spreading RUMORS.
Ummm,,, might take a reality check of who you're talking to. Longhorn has more connections at PCL than you do, and you probably still work there (he went to a major a couple years ago).

Additionally, he only said that the TVC accident had a Line Check Airman in the left seat and an OE pilot in the right.

From all initial information (both inside info and press release), this is completely factual.

Also, hours does not equal experience.
See my signature line. Did you get a new screen name?

A lot of great guys came to PCL with low-time. Difference is, at least THEY understood that hours=experience once you get out of the 152 traffic pattern.

BRILLIANT!! :rolleyes:

Fo Shizzle my Bizell! :) Whassup!!!

Lots of PCL guys over here,,, hurry up and get your time and get your stuff in! Forget being a Pineapple... come be an ORANGE! Can you say "Citrus"? :D

Incidentally, and no offense, but if my family goes anywhere on a plane it's us (AirTran), JB, or SWA. I don't even bother with trying to write legacy carrier passes anymore, and I try to avoid Freedom jumpseats to/from work like the plague.

Told the wife who wants to go to Destin to visit friends and wanted me to write her passes that no one I approved of operated it and she'd have to drive. She's pissed, but that's just too bad; I'm not taking the risk.

There are some great people at many of the regionals but, and you have to admit, this increasing downward spiral of experience up front is SCARY!

Incidentally, and no offense, but if my family goes anywhere on a plane it's us (AirTran), JB, or SWA. I don't even bother with trying to write legacy carrier passes anymore, and I try to avoid Freedom jumpseats to/from work like the plague.

I guess you wont be leaving the US anytime soon. Sad to see you think every regional out there is a death trap waiting to happen. There should be more people that think like you that way we wont have a need for regionals. Glad to hear that you atleast trust your family to airtran which im sure has no freedom pilots.

I don't think the CA in the MKE accident was an LCA. That, along with 3701, were examples of some of the worst judgement I've ever seen in airplanes. I seriously doubt TVC will follow that trend. That CA is an absolute class act... and anyone that knows him will agree with me.

I know of plenty of guys that come to mind that will make fantastic captains with well below 3000 hours... and I know some with 5000 hours that shouldn't even have a pilot's license.

I upgraded with just over 3000 hours- I sure didn't feel a special power come over me when I crossed that mark.

I guess you wont be leaving the US anytime soon.
If I can guarantee it won't be a regional flight, then I don't mind. I was talking about domestic travel, but you already knew what I meant.

Way to find a little loophole to make an extremely weak point.

Sad to see you think every regional out there is a death trap waiting to happen. There should be more people that think like you that way we wont have a need for regionals.
Now you're simply missing the point.

I already said that there's a lot of great pilots at those airlines, didn't I? Yup, I sure did. Skipped that part, didn't you? Didn't fit how you wanted to bash me, did it?

Unfortunately, I can't GUARANTEE that I'm not going to have a 2,500TT pilot fresh off OE paired with a 400TT wunderkid fresh off consolidation going into PNS in a thunderstorm this summer or trying to land in PLN at 2 in the morning after a maintenance and weather delay.

It's just not worth the risk.

Glad to hear that you atleast trust your family to airtran which im sure has no freedom pilots.
And now you're just being foolish.

We don't hire anyone without at least 1,000 PIC 121 Turbine (or military equivalent), and THOSE guys are F/O's for AT LEAST another 1,500 or more hours (lowest upgrades were just over 2 years as an F/O here, now up to 3+ years).

That makes our LOWEST time CA somewhere around 5,000 TT, with at LEAST 1,000 PIC 121 Turbine (usually 3-5 times this amount).

Don't mind those kinds of pilot time pairings, at least there's some experience up front.

If you don't understand that, then you might want to reconsider your profession, as being an airline pilot requires better analytical skills than the paltry nitpicking you've shown here.

Where do people learn to debate these days? :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back