• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Lowers Upgrade Times

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm a champion for lower-time pilots, but your statement is flat-out WRONG.

Once you get to 121, hours *do* equal experience.

More hours in the winter flying in ice operating in/out of slick runways, more hours picking your way around thunderstorms, more hours dealing with customer service situations asking yourself "what would I do if I had command in this situation?" THAT is experience you NEED to have in order to wear that fourth stripe, IMO...

Right on! Just remember,

"Good decisions are a result of experience. Experience often comes from making bad decisions."

A 2500 hour captain might not have even had time to make the bad decisions yet! And as far as a 300 hour pilot... They need lots more "solo" time in which to make bad decisions as well. Granted, every one of us learns new things and makes poor decisions every day. But the quantity and magnitude of errors is sure to decrease simply with.... let's hear it..... TIME. In this guy's opinion.

MM

i know this one

is the answer the defendent? or sued then incarcerated and now named inmate? I am just throwing things out. Also, for those who know me know that in 1800 hours i have had plenty of bad ideas, decisions, and experiences. I just hope to quit that crap. I just want a boring rest of my career and hopefully upgrade at some point in it.

On the flip side of the argument, i will not say any companies but i have flown with 10000+ hour guys who I think should never be capt, so I think TT is very relative and should be flexible on a case to case basis

Last edited:
Another thing, remember they still have to be rec'd for upgrade at 9E.

What are you talking about? Upgrades awards are driven off of seniority and minimum qualifications.

What are you talking about? Upgrades awards are driven off of seniority and minimum qualifications.

PCL 128 posted this

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoinTime
This is still a proposal.

It's official now. Check the system bid preference form.

Don't shoot the messenger DTime. I'm just quoting.

Latest resources

Back