• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle is in deep, holy cow

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Seems after ALPO signs off on these cuts, you guys would be looking to dump them and save the dues money for the 88 civic payments.
Private unions can not overcome the economic forces of the marketplace, that is the ultimate consumer of the product. It is all about profit and what is wrong with profit, without profit a company has no access to capital; without capital there is no growth, no more jobs. Without profit the company will eventually implode.

I believe NWA took alot of Mesaba guys. Especially in the late 90's and early 2000's.Those classes were about half mesaba guys.

That is not how I remember it. I can only think of about 20 XJ pilots who got on with NWA during the 1998-2001 hiring boom.

In my class they were 5 of the 10. I guess mine was the exception then. Also in the classes around mine there where atleast 3 to4 in each.

DL has hired quite a few pinnacle guys (me being one of them). Just because the airline can't complete a flight for the life of them doesn't mean its the pilots' fault.

As a soon to on the street OH pilot I have a confession. When Delta moved us from JFK to DTW I had alot of resentment towards 9E. We as the JFK pilot group felt cheated out of something we thought we had turned around. I had been based there for over 3 years and it seemed like we finally had JFK broken in! Talk to any former JFK based OH crew and we all miss it and hate DTW with a passion!

I have been based in DTW for 2 years and it has been the worst 2 years of my life! Being based in DTW was like culture shock! That place is so poorly operated! Why do I have to talk to 3 different ground control frequency's just to get to the darn runway! I miss the days of landing at JFK and taxiing to the gate without talking to a sole other then ramp! Why can't I shoot a visual without being given a f@@king heading in DTW? Kinda defeats the point!

Anyway after working around you guys in DTW and riding in your jumpseat on a regular basis to get home, I have learned you guys are no different then we are. Taken awhile for me to figure that out. Sorry if we were jerks when we first got up there. You have to understand what we had! Been a big mess since the merger. We have become yet another victim of the new kid on the block whose headquarters is in St Louis! No one can compete with them!

I wish you guys the best of luck! I fear you guys will suffer a similar fate that we are suffering! To be honest I can't wait til the end of next month. All we do is cover flights for that certain carrier out of St. Louis that is getting all our 700's. I hear that place is a train wreck from guys that have delivered airplanes to them. They can't even get the paperwork right to take our planes! Being a sub contractor for Delta really sucks!

Good Luck!

As a soon to on the street OH pilot I have a confession. When Delta moved us from JFK to DTW I had alot of resentment towards 9E. We as the JFK pilot group felt cheated out of something we thought we had turned around. I had been based there for over 3 years and it seemed like we finally had JFK broken in! Talk to any former JFK based OH crew and we all miss it and hate DTW with a passion!

I have been based in DTW for 2 years and it has been the worst 2 years of my life! Being based in DTW was like culture shock! That place is so poorly operated! Why do I have to talk to 3 different ground control frequency's just to get to the darn runway! I miss the days of landing at JFK and taxiing to the gate without talking to a sole other then ramp! Why can't I shoot a visual without being given a f@@king heading in DTW? Kinda defeats the point!

Anyway after working around you guys in DTW and riding in your jumpseat on a regular basis to get home, I have learned you guys are no different then we are. Taken awhile for me to figure that out. Sorry if we were jerks when we first got up there. You have to understand what we had! Been a big mess since the merger. We have become yet another victim of the new kid on the block whose headquarters is in St Louis! No one can compete with them!

I wish you guys the best of luck! I fear you guys will suffer a similar fate that we are suffering! To be honest I can't wait til the end of next month. All we do is cover flights for that certain carrier out of St. Louis that is getting all our 700's. I hear that place is a train wreck from guys that have delivered airplanes to them. They can't even get the paperwork right to take our planes! Being a sub contractor for Delta really sucks!

Good Luck!

And good luck to you good sir! :)

Private unions can not overcome the economic forces of the marketplace, that is the ultimate consumer of the product. It is all about profit and what is wrong with profit, without profit a company has no access to capital; without capital there is no growth, no more jobs. Without profit the company will eventually implode.

Much like at Zantop correct?

Much like at Zantop correct?
Yes, with an accelerator added in the name of lost productivity that comes with a union contract. The contact came with more days off, the cost of air-lining crews to and from airplane locations. Combined with a rich owner at a privately held company who probably went, "Why bother". Boy I loved flying the Electra.

Last edited:
HAHAHAHA!!!! Thanks for the good laugh this morning. Needing that.

One thing I kept hearing from Pinnacle pilots was "our 200's are safe until 2017 Now look at them. Delta can find a way to bully ANY regional that flies for them, and get what they want. Never think you're company is safe. Especially when dealing with Delta

Latest resources

Back