Pinnacle info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Typo. Meant 727 not 57

Actually I did thank Samer more than the others involved including you Lear 70.

Was sitting next to you just the other day when you were talking about a 757 type. Sounded like you were saying you have one and was along the lines of dues payed and wanting to go somewhere else. I guess I misunderstood you. I just can't stand complainers but do admire that you tried to do something about it. I was and am irritated by the pilots who came right in and started out with Captain pay and then had the oddassity to complain about sitting reserve and being pushed back to FO pay for a couple months and now are back getting the good pay. Sitting reserve was the price to pay for getting Capt pay right off the bat. You were promised more growth faster. These guys took the bait. I would have too I'm sure, but I wouldn't have complained about being pushed around. The Capt pay would be worth the s h i t taken.

DondK Different subject : Isn't this why No.1 was junior manned?Am told No. 1 Capt was junior manned since most pilots don't seem to understand that the crew scheduling phones are taped going out as well as in. Crew sched was told to extend and junior man to the max to preserve and keep the total amont of crews on the payroll needed to the lowest practical, before they are to use a reserve. No. 1 was the last person on the list available who answered his phone. It wasn't that there was no reserves to do the job it was just that if crew sched doesn't follow what they have been mandated to do their jobs are in jeapordy.

Can't someone just answer the man's questions?
Can someone give me the lowdown on Pinnacle? Bases, pay, upgrade time, quality of life and such...

Bases: MSP, DTW, MEM, ATL, and JFK. Many displacements out of MEM and MSP (100 pilots out of MEM, 50 out of MSP----> to DTW or JFK). They can bid ATL, could be secondary displacements. Bottom line is that as a newhire, you can expect either DTW or JFK. Reserve at DTW will be a while, JFK reserve might go quick depending on how many newhires enter the system. Some newhires from just a few months ago in JFK are already off reserve.

Pay. Current book, $20.73/hr 1st year, $24.39/hr 2nd year, $30.09/hr 3rd year, $33.28 4th year. Despite what was posted before, there is pay in training, and given hotel. New contract will most likely pass, pushing up first year pay around $25/hr. Significant increases in pay/QOL in the JCBA.

Upgrade time: if you were on property now, the last vacancy, the most junior upgrade was a Sept 2006 class date. So for that individual, it was 4.3 years. Subject to change.

QOL. Sucks for reserve, under current book. New JCBA reserve is better in some areas, sucky in others (provisions for being released after reserve assignment is a big one that is in current contract, but not in the new JCBA). Line holder QOL depends where you are on the list. ATL sucks, since it is senior: 3 years at Pinnacle, you'll be holdling a reserve line, build up, or CDO. 10-11 days off. 3 years at Pinnacle at JFK, you're in the top 10 pilots at that base, can easily hold 15-18 days off there. DTW, MSP, and MEM all depend. Our schedules have gone down the crapper due to large increases in flying without additional manpower added at the proper pace. In catch-up mode right now, but I can't see them getting caught up anytime soon. Add attrition to that mixture, and it's gonna suck for staffing.

Pinnacle won't be a bad place to be once this JCBA gets signed on. It is much better than the current book, huge increases in pay and QOL. But as mentioned before, Pinnacle is a regional, nothing more. Keep your expectations in check. Don't expect a quick RJ upgrade, it ain't there. Come, do your job, enjoy your work, majority of pilots are excellent, get your time, and move on. Major hiring will skyrocket come 2013. Don't be a lifer at Pinnacle.

Any other questions?

Can't someone just answer the man's questions?

Bases: MSP, DTW, MEM, ATL, and JFK. Many displacements out of MEM and MSP (100 pilots out of MEM, 50 out of MSP----> to DTW or JFK). They can bid ATL, could be secondary displacements. Bottom line is that as a newhire, you can expect either DTW or JFK. Reserve at DTW will be a while, JFK reserve might go quick depending on how many newhires enter the system. Some newhires from just a few months ago in JFK are already off reserve.

Pay. Current book, $20.73/hr 1st year, $24.39/hr 2nd year, $30.09/hr 3rd year, $33.28 4th year. Despite what was posted before, there is pay in training, and given hotel. New contract will most likely pass, pushing up first year pay around $25/hr. Significant increases in pay/QOL in the JCBA.

Upgrade time: if you were on property now, the last vacancy, the most junior upgrade was a Sept 2006 class date. So for that individual, it was 4.3 years. Subject to change.

QOL. Sucks for reserve, under current book. New JCBA reserve is better in some areas, sucky in others (provisions for being released after reserve assignment is a big one that is in current contract, but not in the new JCBA). Line holder QOL depends where you are on the list. ATL sucks, since it is senior: 3 years at Pinnacle, you'll be holdling a reserve line, build up, or CDO. 10-11 days off. 3 years at Pinnacle at JFK, you're in the top 10 pilots at that base, can easily hold 15-18 days off there. DTW, MSP, and MEM all depend. Our schedules have gone down the crapper due to large increases in flying without additional manpower added at the proper pace. In catch-up mode right now, but I can't see them getting caught up anytime soon. Add attrition to that mixture, and it's gonna suck for staffing.

Pinnacle won't be a bad place to be once this JCBA gets signed on. It is much better than the current book, huge increases in pay and QOL. But as mentioned before, Pinnacle is a regional, nothing more. Keep your expectations in check. Don't expect a quick RJ upgrade, it ain't there. Come, do your job, enjoy your work, majority of pilots are excellent, get your time, and move on. Major hiring will skyrocket come 2013. Don't be a lifer at Pinnacle.

Any other questions?

Haha hopefully he didn't wait around 7 years for a straight answer from somebody......

Jesus... 7 years later? Really?

Isn't that kind of like "Top Gun - the Later Years"?

Straight out of the YGBSM files... glad you came back to straighten that out. :rolleyes:

Yeah its funny you didn't correct my statement 7 years ago.

As in: I stated you were bragging in the crew rooms about your 757 type.

You only said you didn't have a 757 type.

You didn't say you weren't bragging. It was just a typo in the number as in 757 as opposed to 727.

Also funny I've never been fired before either. Knock on wood.

Let's hope it doens't happen again for either of us.

To set the record straight. Although some good came out of it, I never really liked you because you caused problems for the pilot group by pissing management off with your arrogance. But I guess someone has to be a martyr sometimes.

Last edited:
What the f? Where do you get your info? I've been at pinnacle for almost a year. NEVER SAT RESERVE!

How did you manage that?

Yeah its funny you didn't correct my statement 7 years ago.

As in: I stated you were bragging in the crew rooms about your 757 type.

You only said you didn't have a 757 type.

You didn't say you weren't bragging. It was just a typo in the number as in 757 as opposed to 727.
Didn't address it because I didn't feel it NEEDED addressing. Don't recall bragging about anything but, then again, you're asking me about something that happened 7 years ago when I ended up at a Regional after my airline shut down which was NEVER in the career plan. It sucked, so if I was lamenting my lost previous position, you'll just have to forgive me. The only constant in aviation is that pilots will always b***h about something.

Also funny I've never been fired before either. Knock on wood.
Gee, thanks for the personal slam. Glad you came back to clarify THAT, too. It's nice to be vindicated. In 4 court battles and an arbitration without losing a single battle. Only took 3 years, ruined a marriage, and made seeing my son 9 days a month pure hell. But thanks for asking.

To set the record straight. Although some good came out of it, I never really liked you because you caused problems for the pilot group by pissing management off with your arrogance. But I guess someone has to be a martyr sometimes.
The only thing that pi$$ed management off was the fact that I knew the contract well and held them to it, both for me and other pilots who came to me when they had a contract problem. It's a contract. We live by it. They live by it. The end. That's how it's SUPPOSED to work in this industry.

In any event, I don't really care if you like me or not. I'm not here for your benefit. I'm here for mine, my family's, and the pilot group overall. If that's the definition of arrogant, I can live with that.

Latest resources

Back