• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do a search on Pinnacle. I think it may have been discussed once or twice. If you have more questions ask away, there are several of us PCL pilots that frequent this board.

I did a search but didnt come up with too much... Is 3000 tot. 1250 tubine PIC competitive there? Do you have any west coast bases? IS quality of life good as far as being able to get some time at home?(currently doing 5 overnights a week..)

Yo, Humper,

do a search on the board for previous PCL threads. PCL has bases at MSP, DTW, MEM. West Coast? Dream on! Nothing west of the Mighty Mississippi!

Is 3000 tot. 1250 tubine PIC competitive there?

A good friend just got hired there, his times...1700 Total, 375me, and 90 hours of turbine SIC.

Although, another friend of mine was told he was over qualified with 3700 total and about 1700 me.

Who knows.

freighthumper,

Well I can tell you some things that some of my buddies have told me about them.

As for your quals yes, they are good. I have seen peeps hired with less time than you.

You DO NOT get paid while in training. All your living expenses such as room and board and meals and so on are costs out of your pocket. So correct me if I am wrong it's about 2 months without a paycheck?

Reserve forever. I have spoken to guys that have been there about 2 years and they are still in DTW sitting on reserve. You probably wouldn't be flying 5 overnights a week at PCL but you will be sitting on your @ss on ready reserve in DTW.

1st year pay is an insult to all right seaters of a CL-65.

But aside from that life is good. :D

Last edited:
LITCHAT7 said:
What the f? Where do you get your info? I've been at pinnacle for almost a year. NEVER SAT RESERVE!

Well maybe things are moving along now but that was the info I got from some of your PCL peers. Is any other part of my previous post innacurate?

"Is any other part of my previous post innacurate?"

Just some explanation/clarification. Depending on which domicile you are awarded, reserve times can vary GREATLY!! I just got a line for the first time this month and that was after 13 months on reserve in Detroit. This is not typical of other bases in MSP and MEM. Some FO's never sat reserve while we did for 13 months. It all depends where you are at. Also, complications in mngmts "staffing model" contributed to my long reserve time. You probably got your info from an "off-the-street" captain. A couple years back the company got into a bind and hired captains directly into the left seat. Due to complications with the elimination of the SAAB last December and the company's captain displacements to FO, this group of "off-the-street" captains have had to wait for all the FO's that have the seniority and time to upgrade to do so before they will be able to hold a line. They have been on reserve for an unreal 3 years with Pinnacle! That is who you probably heard that from. This is not typical at Pinnacle however. Yes, there is no pay during training until you pass your checkride. Yes, the pay sucks for FO's but you have to understand that our contract is coming due soon and the one we have now was signed before the addition of the CRJ to the fleet and is outdated. And yes you can fly 5 day trips if you want to. I have one next week. In fact, even when I was on reserve I rarely did anything but overnight trips. Quality of life isn't the best but it's a regional airline people. None of them are that great. The people that work here are the best and make it all worth while.

Latest resources

Back