• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle in trouble!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wonder if the loss of the bid for DL CRJ-900's to Mesa was, in part, because of the poor completion performance in the last month or two?

I'm sitting in DAY and noticed the PCL sign-in sheet had CXLD by both overnight flights (they had just gotten the call on the late one when we were signing in).

Not good.

Sent a letter last week just for giggles to senior management suggesting a part-time recall of CA's who have left in the last 2 years (and qualify for the short recurrent course) on a short-term basis (6 months or less) with the ability to pick up whatever open time they want at their previous longevity with Junior Assignment rates (would be cheaper than canceling a flight).

I'm not expecting (nor have I received) a response, and of course, a LOA would be required due to the contract limits on non-seniority list pilots or on filling of vacancies), but it would be a short-term stop gap measure while they get their staffing together and would save the cancellations that have been ongoing and will continue for several more months until they catch up.

Thought it would be amusing just to see if anyone responded to my email.

Won't be holding my breath... ;)

:D
Are things not going good at AirTran that you want to come back here? That is just what I want, you guys that left to fly as FO's for more money at other carriers to come back and further restrict the upgrade vacancies!
I think management is still laughing at the letter.

Are things not going good at AirTran that you want to come back here?
Absolutely not, things are great! Just don't like $46 an hour and would rather make $100+ an hour at 6th year CRJ CA Junior Assignment rates.

That is just what I want, you guys that left to fly as FO's for more money at other carriers to come back and further restrict the upgrade vacancies!
OK, why don't you go back and read what I wrote again. Slowly this time so you get all of it.

I specifically said it would be a part-time, short-term arrangement TO ALLOW PCL MANAGEMENT THE TIME TO CATCH UP WITH STAFFING.

In other words, the vacancies wouldn't stop or slow (that would be a requirement of the LOA), as it would be a short-term deal and wouldn't fix the long-term problem - only further vacancies can do that.

I've been through every possible variation the company has been able to try to lower staffing, wouldn't attempt it if it would hurt anyone's upgrade (I already had this discussion with one of the MEC Chairs when I sent the letter - you guys should know by now I'm about as pro-pilot rights as it gets).

I think management is still laughing at the letter.
I was laughing when I wrote it. I wasn't really expecting anyone to take it seriously and, if they did, it would be highly lucrative for the guys who picked up a few trips a month, wouldn't hurt anyone's upgrade, and would benefit the company by lowering the CXL rate.

Like I said, don't get all wound up about it or start any weird rumors there about it. Management will never go for it, the Association would have to approve it (and they likely wouldn't), and each of us flying elsewhere would have to get approval to do it from our companies (just as difficult).

It was more of a ha-ha funny and "if you paid these kind of rates, people wouldn't leave" kind of deal.

Sorry I wasn't more clear.

You made me spit my food out that was so funny!!

B-J-J Fighter vbmenu_register("postmenu_1267741", true);
She Laughed at my Check

Civ/Mil: either
A/C Flown: PA23 BE36,58 C421,550, 1900 Super D, Swede 340B, CL-65 (Heavy)
Ratings: Working on my Peaks for my Freaks
Curr Position: @ Airline # 3
Total Time: >2000

Not a joke at all. I was finger blasting my girlfriend on the couch when they called. I answered the call and told them I was a few months away from making $35 plus as a second yr FO flying the same airplane and told them I would consider if they paid the same and offered a quicker upgrade. I was a little tipsy and all I heard after that was the phone being hung up. I got right back to work on the important stuff.

Sent a letter last week just for giggles to senior management suggesting a part-time recall of CA's who have left in the last 2 years (and qualify for the short recurrent course) on a short-term basis (6 months or less) with the ability to pick up whatever open time they want at their previous longevity with Junior Assignment rates (would be cheaper than canceling a flight).

:D

I knew you actually loved working at Pinnacle!! And I admire the loyalty.... wanting to go back and HELP them out of a bind!

Like I said, don't get all wound up about it or start any weird rumors there about it. Management will never go for it, the Association would have to approve it (and they likely wouldn't), and each of us flying elsewhere would have to get approval to do it from our companies (just as difficult).

It was more of a ha-ha funny and "if you paid these kind of rates, people wouldn't leave" kind of deal.

Sorry I wasn't more clear.
I was just messing with you man! Hope all is well at AT!

I knew you actually loved working at Pinnacle!! And I admire the loyalty.... wanting to go back and HELP them out of a bind!
Sure. That's my plan. That's what I intended all along. Just want to help out! :D

Seriously, I do miss flying with a lot of the folks there. Had a GREAT time with the crews at PCL. Don't miss the contract abuse, crappy trips, and crappy days off, but my fellow coworkers made it a livable place to hang my hat for a while.

I was just messing with you man! Hope all is well at AT!
Oh it is, thanks. Now if we could just get a contract to raise those F/O rates and lower that d*mn $400 a month insurance rate... ;)

Thought I had offended you or something...

I do that on here from time to time. Kind of fun to stir the pot though. :D

Lear, you suck.....Always finding something to complain about. Geez man, go back to PCL....seems like you miss it sooo much.

ok, did I offend :)

Lear, you suck.....Always finding something to complain about. Geez man, go back to PCL....seems like you miss it sooo much.

RELAX! His heart is in the right place, and he should have stayed and been a part of the contract negotiations. His experience level far exceeds the amount of hours and aircraft that you have flown. I have flown with him and understand where he is coming from.

You sir..are a tool!

Hey Irish, just because St Paddy's day is tomorrow doesn't give you a free pass to bash...

Go drink some beer, you'll feel better about it. :)

Thanks, Bert. I would never have been on the NC as much as that and Grievance were the two committees I had the most interest in. I simply stepped on too many toes with my hard-line approach to things and refusal to "tow the party line" according to WG.

That's OK, I was SO stressed out when I was there... I needed a break, and this has been great, even with the pay cut. I JUST got my PCL W-2 in last night and did my taxes; I took a $30,000 pay cut over last year - OUCH! :(

Sorry, had to complain to live up to Irish's assessment. :D

Latest resources

Back