Pinnacle Flt 3701

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PCL_128 said:
but let's not spread rumor around as fact to make it sound even worse.

could this abortion have been any worse?
  • intentionally set off shaker and pusher
  • did a rudder doublet (real smart... that brought down an airbus over queens)
  • switched seats twice
  • never admitted to a double engine failure
  • made joining the 4-1-0 club their only goal

PCL_128 said:
It is indeed true that Pinnacle didn't train for double engine failure in the sim before the accident. Double engine failure training consisted of nothing more than a quick briefing about the checklist itself. I've been here for over 3 years and have never done a double engine failure in the sim. Even on my last PT which was just a couple of months ago. I'm in upgrade now, so we'll see if they teach it during that sim training.

how the faa allows you guys to keep your 121 certificate is still amazing to the rest of us.

I'm not against low time F.O.'s (heck I was hired at CHQ with 650 TT in to the Saab 340), but if this would have been a revenue flight hiring low-time F.O.'s would have come to a screeching halt and Pinnacle would probably have been shut down for some period of time.

I can't believe whoever holds the insurance on PCL hasn't shut the place down and completely re-written their minimuns.

This one proves the theory of natural selection...

Last edited:
DetoXJ said:
You forgot to mention the 3 Barrel Rolls that they did during the initial climb out. Sad but true.

The only thing that is sad but true is the fact that your only intrest in aviation safety is the sensational stories told in the cockpit to pass time. Hundreds of pages of the public docket are available on the NTSB web site. Take time to read them. Look at the FDR data for the 3 barrel rolls. Then think about apologizing to dead men.

Pilots Discreti said:
Then think about apologizing to dead men.

Are you for real???

Even if they didn't do barrell rolls, they did more than enough to disgrace themselves, their company, their pilot group, and their profession.

They should be apologizing to us.

This is all fine and well but do we really want this here for the lawyers?

Your opinion and 2 bucks will get you a cup of coffee. Move on.

Do we have to do this again?

If you pilots want to relive the past and bash Pinnacle, do a search for 3701 and read every thread that you find. There's enough of it on here to spend a night or two reading. I think it's been sufficiently covered in all of the other threads

Don't start this bullsh*t again with yet another five or ten page thread because some new PIC's light bulb suddenly came on.

I'm curious, if Mr Cesarz had 761 TT how did he get hired by Pinnacle? Were Pinnacles minimums lower before the accident? I think Pinnacles minimums are 1000/200 now. Was Pinnacle hiring from a PFT program before the accident?

Latest resources

Back