• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle family members sue NWA!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was talking this over last night with my fiance who is a social worker... she has a bit of an outsiders view of this... as a future pilots wife she knows what people do die in airplanes. I think just about every one with any experiance in aviation knows someone who has died in an airplane somewhere along the way. Thats just the nature of the business. Its sad, and can be very difficult to go through.

As I explaing the accident to her (in simplistic terms-- nothing can make a non-pilot's eyes glaze over than words like N1 and core lock) I thinks it agreed that these guys screwed up massiviely-- they threw their SOP out the window and really pushed that airplane beyond its limits and paid the ultimate price.

My Fiance looked at me and mentioned that if I were to go down in an airplane she would really want to know that I did everything right... That I did everything in my power to prevent the accident (i.e. break the chain for you guys with CRM training). It is always difficult to lose a family member but it makes it worse to know that they died doing something stupid.

It explains the lawsuits in that they are in denial, the desperately want to be able to assign some blame somewhere else so they can sleep at night.

I am not defending the lawsuits but It is probably more than just money grabing.

I have not flown the CRJ but looking at the NTSB there has only been 3 fatal accidents with those airplanes (Pinacle, one in France where the crew failed to go around, and one in China) so its a good airplane...any airplane will fail when flown outside the flight envelope.. .thats why we have limitations and training.

I'm sorry that these 2 died, but we all should learn a lesson from them.
They have limitations on these aircraft for a reason... Abide by them.

I've been working on the 3701 investigation since two hours after impact. I have no idea what the lawyers or you guys are talking about.

flatspin7 said:
...My Fiance looked at me and mentioned that if I were to go down in an airplane she would really want to know that I did everything right... That I did everything in my power to prevent the accident...

There is no such thing as an accident...only negligent acts.

pilotdiscretion said:
I've been working on the 3701 investigation since two hours after impact. I have no idea what the lawyers or you guys are talking about.
A college education might help you out, have you considered off campus learning arrangements? They are convenient.

FN FAL said:
There is no such thing as an accident...only negligent acts.

My goal isn't to flame the deceased... According to the NTSB it was an accident... now yes the cause fo the accident was gross negligence...

95% of the blame goes on the flight crew no doubt... but did PCL ever train their pilots about high altitude aerodynamics, the Gulfstream 600 hour FO probably didnt know enough and he thought he was "just having fun" The Capt should have known better...

But at the same time I am not the type to sit there and curse the deceased memory by berating their charecter... Im sure there is some one around from PCL who can attest... Probably "good guys" who did something amazingly, tragically, stupid.

But I guess one act and define a lifetime, unfortunatly.

flatspin7 said:
My goal isn't to flame the deceased... According to the NTSB it was an accident... now yes the cause fo the accident was gross negligence...
Who's flaming the deceased? If you analytically look at any "accident", you will see that a negligent act was the cause, regardless of what the NTSB wants to call the report.

Originally Posted by pilotdiscretion:I've been working on the 3701 investigation since two hours after impact. I have no idea what the lawyers or you guys are talking about.

These guys don't know either...They're having a party pissing on gravestones, fellating both Bombardier and GE, and engaging in pilot cannibalism.

May the dead rest peacefully in the next world - they've left the bullcrap behind in this one.

POWDERFINGER said:
These guys don't know either...They're having a party pissing on gravestones, fellating both Bombardier and GE, and engaging in pilot cannibalism.

That's bull, and you know it. You don't have to be "fellating" the manufacturer (nice visual, thanks) to believe that these guys were solely responsible for the crash. You sound just like Bush -- "You're either with us or against us." That's an asinine position.

Trying to extort money from someone else for something that isn't their fault--at all--is a perversion of our legal system.

If I kill myself in an airplane and it's clearly my own stupid fault, I've already let my family know that I don't want them suing anybody. That's why I have life insurance.

Latest resources

Back