Pinnacle family members sue NWA!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

screwed_again

This is the problem with our legal system; two guys screw around and die. Its not their fault, its NWA, GE and Bombardier's faults. Hit 'em law suits and settle out of court because its easier for the companies involved. Why isn't the FO's family sueing the Captain's family? Because there is no money in the Rhode's checking account! I would be embarrassed if I was part of one of these families.

Here's the story: http://www.startribune.com/535/story/178952.html

Wrongful death???

I guess they are ignoring the fact that operating the a/c and engines outside of certification limitations is what led to the "heat damage" that prevented the engines from restarting.

Pathetic that the families would view their loved ones irresponsible screw-up as a winning lottery ticket.

Hopefully if it ever gets to a jury they will see the families for the gold-digging grave-dancers they are.

Another sad chapter to an already sad story.

I think it is largely about validating their denial of any fault of their dead family members.

If they can get a moron jury to agree that they are owed money, that will help them continue to live the lie that their family members were victims, not incomptetent.

I no longer feel sorry for them for their loss. They are now about to try to punish innocent parties for the professional flaws of two dead pilots.

Perhaps they should sue pinnacle for having a poor screeening process.

Last edited:
Neither engine restarted when they pressed the button with the APU running. I suppose your families wouldn't care about that fact. The aircraft is certified to due certain things, and it didn't. The main reason these lawsuits are filed isn't just for the money. These issues will be completely swept under the carpet by the airframe and engine manufactures unless they are held somewhat accountable. These guys paid the ultimate price for the position they got themselves into, but the engines should have restarted. How would you explain that in another accident with a different set of circumstances and there were people in the back? Pick whatever reason you want for an engine flameout, but it shouldn't have core locked. GE knew about this from their flight test. Alot of this info will come out in the lawsuits. Otherwise you would never see it. Let these guys rest in peace and let the process play out.

I hope they sue Pinnacle for the corporate culture that lead to this type of behavior. Then again, maybe they should sue their old flight instuctors for not teaching them where stupid behavior leads. The simple fact is that these two individuals are the only pilots who have core locked a CRJ during line operations. When are people going to start taking responsibility for their behavior? Even your Yugo will blow up if you try to overload the engine. Just because Yugo doesn't tell everyone that they had the engine lock up at 9000 rpms during testing, doesn't mean you have a right to sue when you've exceeded it. Since your about 23 I'm going to fill you in on something. Everything man made has limits. Nothing is 100% fool proof. There is a reason that test pilots get payed so well, it's called risk. If your going to be a test pilot during line operations, be prepared for the risk that is associated with it. Test pilots sometimes die flying at the edge of the envelope, so did these two pilots. It's a simple fact that this is blood money, nothing less.

Latest resources

Back