• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Get rid of the United and US Air lift-step one
Shed all training and leases that Pinnacle held
Cut pilot pay and work rules
park 200's
Finalize the B scale agreement with Delta pilots
Transfer the 900's to Delta "B scale" while "flowing" the pilots along with them-year one pay anyone?
Take delivery of a fleet of "b" scale 100 seaters and flow more pilots as their 200's are parked.

Far fetched? Remember, no one would have thought that American would "secure" the few thousand Eagle pilots either.

its either some sort of this scenario or they just want to park 100 200's.

This scenario is ridiculous. What kind of crack were you smoking when you dreamed this up.

Wait, I forgot, we are in the airline industry.... Obviously this is what is going to happen!

same reaction I got when I thought NWA was going to buy Mesaba. Same exact one. All those senior XJ guys I was flying with thought I was on crack too. Delta will do whatever they can to crack the scope in order not to pay mainline type salaries. Creating a b scale is something thats done before and not too much of a stretch to get mainline pilots to sign off on it.

hey they will be delta pilots with delta seniority number (but seat locked for ........ years)

Delta pilots will love the pay raises

Delta pilots can ease their conscious by thinking its a favor to regional guys who want a mainline job anyways...

same reaction I got when I thought NWA was going to buy Mesaba. Same exact one. All those senior XJ guys I was flying with thought I was on crack too. Delta will do whatever they can to crack the scope in order not to pay mainline type salaries. Creating a b scale is something thats done before and not too much of a stretch to get mainline pilots to sign off on it.

hey they will be delta pilots with delta seniority number (but seat locked for ........ years)

Delta pilots will love the pay raises

Delta pilots can ease their conscious by thinking its a favor to regional guys who want a mainline job anyways...

I think he was agreeing with you, albeit in a smart eleck way :)

first of all you just might want to kiss your vacation goodbye. Yes, that happened-they took a week of vacation from us. Then there is the parking of planes. You have to look at the big picture. Back when Mesaba went into bankruptcy the last time, Anderson was at the helm of NWA. Mesaba was a profitable company but the NWA bankruptcy allowed them to just stop making payments to Mesaba (remember the 600 million our parent company had in the bank?) and allow Mesaba to declare bankruptcy. They had an agenda and a goal by doing that. Not many saw it and a lot of people laughed when I said NWA was going snatch up Mesaba for cheap. They all laughed and said there is no way NWA wants another regional, they just IPO'd Pinnacle and do not want any wholly owned regionals.
NWA was pretty busy back then making deals with their pilots as they wanted the 175's at a regional they created "for" NWA pilots to flow back to. They were effectively able to snatch up Mesaba and give them 900's while keeping costs down.

What is Andersons plan now? This all has been orchestrated from the time that Delta was not able to break the Delta pilots on 100 seat scope. They sold off Mesaba and Compass to start the process. Do they have a deal in the works with their pilots to "adjust" scope. Creating a B scale is not caving in on scope and if offered wide body growth and pay increases I could see Delta pilots agreeing to a b scale.

Get rid of the United and US Air lift-step one
Shed all training and leases that Pinnacle held
Cut pilot pay and work rules
park 200's
Finalize the B scale agreement with Delta pilots
Transfer the 900's to Delta "B scale" while "flowing" the pilots along with them-year one pay anyone?
Take delivery of a fleet of "b" scale 100 seaters and flow more pilots as their 200's are parked.

Far fetched? Remember, no one would have thought that American would "secure" the few thousand Eagle pilots either.

its either some sort of this scenario or they just want to park 100 200's.

I am a Pinnacle Pilot now and this was along the same story lines I was telling the FO's. I don't think you are in outfield with this diatribe. I would take a 15% paycut for stability, but that is now. Back 6-7 years ago...no way. Its all perspective on where you sit on the SLI I suppose.

I am a Pinnacle Pilot now and this was along the same story lines I was telling the FO's. I don't think you are in outfield with this diatribe. I would take a 15% paycut for stability, but that is now. Back 6-7 years ago...no way. Its all perspective on where you sit on the SLI I suppose.

You want a 15% paycut?

I seem to remember something about B scales...for some reason 1985 comes to mind? I think RA is a student of history, and that a B scale is not sustainable

15% is the price I would pay for stability. Doesn't mean its the price you would pay.

Then you better be willing to pay my 15%, oh and make up the difference for my downgrade from this too... I'll call the bluff and risk shutting it down instead. There won't be snapbacks, and $20,000 401K deposits at the end of this. Just an IOU for Vasoline.

Latest resources

Back