• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle conference call

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
... and he is absolutely 100% correct. He was told by his union that "every airline brought something to this merger." Mesaba the new contract, and Colgan the Qs. Well, this pilot now realizes the contract won't be worth the paper it's printed on and the Qs are now gonna be gone. So that having been said, he's looking at furloughs from the bottom end of currently qualified Pinnacle and Mesaba FOs who are actually physically (DOH) senior to many Colgan pilots.

Not saying he's wrong. just a sign of battles to come.

is it the 51 delta owned 900's and crj 200's that are extended to 2022, or is it just the 200's
We know the 16 900's 9e owned 900's are going away.

I think this is not done yet and there is something else going on behind the scenes and delta is running the whole thing to their liking.

I guess I missed a good conference call! Sounds like the last called with a question was either an FO who got screwed or a cat III captain who got screwed. Why again were all the Colgan Q captains placed so senior? Oh that is right, they had a greater career outlook than the rest of us. just F'ing peachy

I am thinking ALPA will fight to the last on furloughing out of seniority order. I think in this case it could save a lot of money for the company but it would set a precedent that none of us would want to be exposed to in the future. That being said.......we shall see what this bankruptcy brings.

Somehow I do not think this one will include $20k into my 401k and a lot of new jets.

her is my question how are they not going to furlough out of seniorty. With the XJ 900 fenced off because of Block along with the 9E 200 there is now way in hell the judge doesnt furlough out of seniorty. Now if the chapter 11 jugde throws out the block SLI then I'll be damn and F'ing pissed off if a Q guy takes my seat. There is no way in hell the SLI stands.

Funny thing is I remember when CJC was bought. There were a lot of people who wanted to keep the lists seperate. People were afraid of whipsaw so they wanted a combined ALPA list.

I remember a PNC ALPA guy got all in my face saying how it WILL be one list and I better get used to that. Funny how 5 yrs later he got what he wanted and now they are pizzed if they furlough in SR order.

Funny

is it the 51 delta owned 900's and crj 200's that are extended to 2022, or is it just the 200's
We know the 16 900's 9e owned 900's are going away.

I think this is not done yet and there is something else going on behind the scenes and delta is running the whole thing to their liking.

Menke stated that as a price for Delta providing the DIP financing all the Delta contracts are now in play. What I heard was the remaining contracts may be extended to 2022 provided certain cost reductions were met.

If you were at Mesaba for the 04 contract and the BK you know what Andersons going to lay down next.

Funny thing is I remember when CJC was bought. There were a lot of people who wanted to keep the lists seperate. People were afraid of whipsaw so they wanted a combined ALPA list.

I remember a PNC ALPA guy got all in my face saying how it WILL be one list and I better get used to that. Funny how 5 yrs later he got what he wanted and now they are pizzed if they furlough in SR order.

Funny

That is funny. And ironic.

first of all you just might want to kiss your vacation goodbye. Yes, that happened-they took a week of vacation from us. Then there is the parking of planes. You have to look at the big picture. Back when Mesaba went into bankruptcy the last time, Anderson was at the helm of NWA. Mesaba was a profitable company but the NWA bankruptcy allowed them to just stop making payments to Mesaba (remember the 600 million our parent company had in the bank?) and allow Mesaba to declare bankruptcy. They had an agenda and a goal by doing that. Not many saw it and a lot of people laughed when I said NWA was going snatch up Mesaba for cheap. They all laughed and said there is no way NWA wants another regional, they just IPO'd Pinnacle and do not want any wholly owned regionals.
NWA was pretty busy back then making deals with their pilots as they wanted the 175's at a regional they created "for" NWA pilots to flow back to. They were effectively able to snatch up Mesaba and give them 900's while keeping costs down.

What is Andersons plan now? This all has been orchestrated from the time that Delta was not able to break the Delta pilots on 100 seat scope. They sold off Mesaba and Compass to start the process. Do they have a deal in the works with their pilots to "adjust" scope. Creating a B scale is not caving in on scope and if offered wide body growth and pay increases I could see Delta pilots agreeing to a b scale.

Get rid of the United and US Air lift-step one
Shed all training and leases that Pinnacle held
Cut pilot pay and work rules
park 200's
Finalize the B scale agreement with Delta pilots
Transfer the 900's to Delta "B scale" while "flowing" the pilots along with them-year one pay anyone?
Take delivery of a fleet of "b" scale 100 seaters and flow more pilots as their 200's are parked.

Far fetched? Remember, no one would have thought that American would "secure" the few thousand Eagle pilots either.

its either some sort of this scenario or they just want to park 100 200's.

Latest resources

Back