• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle & Colgan fix

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Theoritically a combined Pinnacle/Colgan list would be able to bid for whatever base/equipment each individual wants. I doubt many PCL pilots would want to change bases to fly a turboprop. There could be a few, but the numbers would be low. I'm not bashing the TP, its just whatever you would want to fly for that payscale and base structure. There are many variables that would go into a decision like that.

The same would be true for the Colgan guys. Would they want to change bases just to get in an RJ. It would be a totally individual decision. I don't think you could lump everyone into a certain pile. I really don't think there are that many PCL pilots that really mind that Colgan will get the 400, we just want a combined list to protect ALL of our interest, because management could care less.

Theoritically a combined Pinnacle/Colgan list would be able to bid for whatever base/equipment each individual wants. I doubt many PCL pilots would want to change bases to fly a turboprop. There could be a few, but the numbers would be low. I'm not bashing the TP, its just whatever you would want to fly for that payscale and base structure. There are many variables that would go into a decision like that.

The same would be true for the Colgan guys. Would they want to change bases just to get in an RJ. It would be a totally individual decision. I don't think you could lump everyone into a certain pile. I really don't think there are that many PCL pilots that really mind that Colgan will get the 400, we just want a combined list to protect ALL of our interest, because management could care less.

If that's the case we'll just staple you guys to the bottom of the Colgan seniority list and you have nothing to worry about.

We have all been reading the threads on this issue and the theam is pretty much the same. Pinnacle guys want one list for more neg. power, although I think they really want into the Q400. Colgan guys fear any kind of merged list would screw them out on the Q400.

My question is would Pinnacle pilots accept a "Q400 Fence" in other words fence all present Pinnacle guys out of the Q400, Only current Colgan and new hires can be hired into the thing.

A fence would determine the true intent of the 9E piot group.

Thoughts???
Flamebait. But good try at it.

If you fenced the CA's into their respective aircraft they were already in, then went DOH and opened upgrades into ANY aircraft, combined fleet-wide, you'd have an equal and level playing field.

In your scenario, you're giving preference to the Colgan pilots which isn't fair for the Pinnacle F/O's who, by scope clause, have a valid claim on that new flying and would like to upgrade after they've been F/O's the last 2 or 3 years.

Likewise the Colgan F/O's will want to upgrade on aircraft that are coming to THEIR side of the fence, even though it is in clear violation of the intent of the Scope language of the contract.

No one here (wisely enough) has tried to claim that the scope language was never intended to cover this. Everyone agrees that protecting themselves from a move like this WAS the intent of that scope, so a fair arrangement would have to at least be EQUALLY fair to both groups.

No integration is perfect. You have to manage career expectations as well as be fair to BOTH groups, not just one or the other.

we will destroy this airline before we let this happen. mark my words.

You would destroy colgan before you would have an equitable integration that benefits both pilot groups? Explain, I am sure I am missunderstanding you.

if by an equitable integration you mean a staple job, or a 2 for 1 or whatever you guys come up with then the answer is yes! we want to keep these pilot groups seperate. If ALPA thinks it's the best thing for us to integrate, then we won't vote the union in. We're not in the business of job security for other pilot groups.

If ALPA thinks it's the best thing for us to integrate, then we won't vote the union in. We're not in the business of job security for other pilot groups.

ALPA and the PCL pilots are very much intrested in the job security and career growth of Colgan pilots...

Just curious,

Why couldn't Colgan pilots be Colgan Alpa and have a scope clause limiting flying to turboprops only and pinnacle pilots have a scope clause flying jets only? And no integration.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back