Pinnacle & Colgan fix

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ridgeback

We have all been reading the threads on this issue and the theam is pretty much the same. Pinnacle guys want one list for more neg. power, although I think they really want into the Q400. Colgan guys fear any kind of merged list would screw them out on the Q400.

My question is would Pinnacle pilots accept a "Q400 Fence" in other words fence all present Pinnacle guys out of the Q400, Only current Colgan and new hires can be hired into the thing.

A fence would determine the true intent of the 9E piot group.

Thoughts???

We have all been reading the threads on this issue and the theam is pretty much the same. Pinnacle guys want one list for more neg. power, although I think they really want into the Q400.
My question is would Pinnacle pilots accept a "Q400 Fence" in other words fence all present Pinnacle guys out of the Q400, Only current and Colgan and new hires can be hired into the thing.

Thoughts???

Thanks, I just spewed my coffee all across the screen!

We have all been reading the threads on this issue and the theam is pretty much the same. Pinnacle guys want one list for more neg. power, although I think they really want into the Q400. Colgan guys fear any kind of merged list would screw them out on the Q400.

My question is would Pinnacle pilots accept a "Q400 Fence" in other words fence all present Pinnacle guys out of the Q400, Only current Colgan and new hires can be hired into the thing.

Thoughts???

You talk like the Q400 is a 747-400. It is just an airplane man. Pay and QOL are far more important. The need for integration stems from wanting to not get bent over hard by 9E management. You need to check your SPS.

I think Colgan guy don't want a merged union with 9E because we fear we would be screwed with the seniority list. Come on what airline ever mergered a seniority list where people did not get screwed.

Also, we, at least I, don't care about the Q. Keep the dam thing if it makes you boys happy. I am content with what I have.....

I think Colgan guy don't want a merged union with 9E because we fear we would be screwed with the seniority list. Come on what airline ever mergered a seniority list where people did not get screwed.

We are going to get screwed...it how much is the question. it is easier to screw two seperate groups than one. It is pretty obvious: there is strength in unity.

Also, we, at least I, don't care about the Q. Keep the dam thing if it makes you boys happy. I am content with what I have.....

Most pilot groups are not concerned with A/C type. An Air Line Pilot is an Air Line Pilot regardless of equipment. The type of flying Colgan does in TP's is quite difficult and respectable.

It is pay, QOL and respect. PCL managment has tried to dangle the larger or more aircraft carrot and we've not taken the bait.....

If it meant that Colgan would have remained family-owned vice all this BS just to buy this friggin Q-400. Well, they can keep the damned thing as far as I'm concerned. Most of us that have stayed here are here, because of the out-basing and dealing with the Colgan family hasn't been too difficult for most of us. This S.O.B. thinks he is going to waltz in here singing our praises and dangling the "Q" in front of us. Well, he underestimated the resolve of the Colgan pilot group. I'll quit before I am going to fly anything for that guy if he starts F***ing with our airline. We worked too hard to be a**raped by corporate greed, and ambition.

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

If it meant that Colgan would have remained family-owned vice all this BS just to buy this friggin Q-400. Well, they can keep the danged thing as far as I'm concerned. Most of us that have stayed here are here, because of the out-basing and dealing with the Colgan family hasn't been too difficult for most of us. This S.O.B. thinks he is going to waltz in here singing our praises and dangling the "Q" in front of us. Well, he underestimated the resolve of the Colgan pilot group. I'll quit before I am going to fly anything for that guy if he starts F***ing with our airline. We worked too hard to be a**raped by corporate greed, and ambition.

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

hey bud, I think you need to take a break from the forum for a bit. your posts are angrier and angrier. nothing has happened yet to our QOL. Anxiety abuot what might happen is a horrible thing. But in the big picture, it isn't all that important anyway.

but that is just my $.02 which i pretty much had to steal from my neighbor who has a real job.

It's not about wanting to fly the new equipment, it's about a contract that management willfully entered into and agreed to honor. The PCL pilot group has wanted a merged list since before the new planes were announced.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back