• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle & Colgan fix

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
if by an equitable integration you mean a staple job, or a 2 for 1 or whatever you guys come up with then the answer is yes! we want to keep these pilot groups seperate. If ALPA thinks it's the best thing for us to integrate, then we won't vote the union in. We're not in the business of job security for other pilot groups.

You know nothing what so ever about the profession you are involved. I am embarrassed for you.

Methinks you have a slightly over-inflated sense of control over this situation.

thanks for playing, but no I don't. As I iron my shirt for my 8 leg day tomarrow which follows a 4-day, I know I have no control over the situation. And thanks for the offer, but i won't need any cheese to accompany this whine which I'm sure I'll be accused of.

thanks for playing, but no I don't. As I iron my shirt for my 8 leg day tomarrow which follows a 4-day, I know I have no control over the situation. And thanks for the offer, but i won't need any cheese to accompany this whine which I'm sure I'll be accused of.
I wouldn't accuse you of that.

On the other hand, I wouldn't nominate you to Mensa either.

You would "shut the place down" before accepting a Date Of Hire integration that fences all the CA's into their current aircraft (thereby protecting career expectations) and allows F/O's to upgrade in seniority order?

No offense, but... umm... with that kind of logic do you expect to actually succeed in life? Most pilots are expected at least a modicum of intelligence and rational, analytical thought process.

Your diatribe doesn't exactly exemplify those characteristics.

And that's about as polite as I can be...

Just curious,

Why couldn't Colgan pilots be Colgan Alpa and have a scope clause limiting flying to turboprops only and pinnacle pilots have a scope clause flying jets only? And no integration.

That would be fine by us, however it seems that the PCL pilot group would feel cheated if their hard work went to provide us, a company whom they didn't ask for, reaped the benefits. It's rightfully so. If I were them I wouldn't want this either. All I'm saying, and hopefully to no offense, is that we at Colgan are not going to accept a back seat in a situation no one asked for.

I wouldn't accuse you of that.

On the other hand, I wouldn't nominate you to Mensa either.

You would "shut the place down" before accepting a Date Of Hire integration that fences all the CA's into their current aircraft (thereby protecting career expectations) and allows F/O's to upgrade in seniority order?

No offense, but... umm... with that kind of logic do you expect to actually succeed in life? Most pilots are expected at least a modicum of intelligence and rational, analytical thought process.

Your diatribe doesn't exactly exemplify those characteristics.

And that's about as polite as I can be...

I digress. maybe I have no place on this message board.

PINNACEL PILOTS!!!!
No one person from Colgan represents the entire group at Colgan air. So don't get too upset when a colgan pilot goes off because he feels like every thing he has worked for could possibly be in jeopardy. (shuttle-republic situation)

That being said, I think that we should all cool it a bit. Nothing has even been proposed. It is just a bunch of speculation about what might happen. Lets wait a see what actually gets proposed before we go at eachother.

Suupah, You've come along way in a short period of time. I agree. This will all play out without any of our input. NO one at PCL is looking to screw Colgan pilots. There will never be a staple. Everyone just needs to relax.

That would be fine by us, however it seems that the PCL pilot group would feel cheated if their hard work went to provide us, a company whom they didn't ask for, reaped the benefits. It's rightfully so. If I were them I wouldn't want this either. All I'm saying, and hopefully to no offense, is that we at Colgan are not going to accept a back seat in a situation no one asked for.
That's certainly rational and well-spoken.

I know my previous coworkers, just had a nice chat with a bunch of them this afternoon in MEM on my way home, and not a single one I ran into wants to "staple" anyone.

If there are ANY Pinnacle pilots who are talking staple, they are in the VAST minority and are probably too junior, too young, too inexperienced, or a combination of all three to know any better.

NONE of the MEC members I've talked to are even CONSIDERING asking you for that. They recognize you have worked hard to have a respectable airline that has an excellent record in many, many ways, and would work to find the solution that protected everyone as equally as possible.

I, for one, believe that would be better than "burning down the house", but maybe I don't have a place on this board, either. ;)

Latest resources

Back