Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lear,
If you read section 3127 closely:
(a) Offense defined.--A person commits indecent exposure if that person exposes his or her genitals in any public place or

Did he or did he not expose his genitals in any public place or not?
PBR
P.S. you will notice the "or" in the above code section

A jury will determine his intent and if guilty, the judge will determine the sentence. If guilty, he will be a convicted sex offender.
I hope he has a good lawyer, ALPA, APLA is there an ALPA lawyer in the house(just kidding)
If he is guilty, fukk him, if he is innocent good for him, either way its gonna be a long and dusty road.
PBR

Did the Pan AM FOM say the CA has privledge on the liquor cart for crew use at the hotel...

You are confusing law/policy with accpeted social culture.

It is soically accpetable to drive 5 miles over the speed limit. We all do it... hardly anyone gets a ticket... it is an accpeted and condone illegal activity...

If you think about this event... if this guy was on days off it would be a non event...

Apparently, the Pan Am CM didn't address it at all. Pan Am higher ups certainly knew it was going on and so if they wanted to stop it then the CM would have said it wasn't allowed. But it didn't because it was accepted. So once again you are confusing what you have no clue about with what you wish you knew.

Just because you might not get a ticket for going 5 over doesn't mean it is accepted and condoned. That's rediculous. A cop has to pick his battles. Try going 5 over in front of a traffic camera. You'll get the ticket every time. And not everyone speeds. I swear my father-in-law hasn't busted the speed limit since who knows when. He's 5 under all the time. I myself won't admit to you if I do or don't speed but I can say that I've never once gotten a ticket for speeding. Now maybe that's because I don't speed or maybe it's because I only do it in the right places. But that's called using your head. Something the nude pilot has just learned a valuable lesson in.

If this guy was on his days off he would still have been arrested and it would still have been an event for him. His company's name just wouldn't have been all over TV.

If the public knew that a 19-year-old was an FO, many would probably object. Not that they're not able to fly safe - but it's like walking into the surgery room and seeing a 19-year-old doctor. I'm sure they'd be able, but there is a confidence factor that goes beyond accident statistics.

2 words...Doogie...HOWSER! BAM! IN YO' FACE!:)

Really tho...point taken...I once had a guy walk off a charter flight (cheyenne) because I was flying that day and not my 50 year old boss...I was 22 and had twice the qualifications my business major boss did...

Lear,
If you read section 3127 closely:
(a) Offense defined.--A person commits indecent exposure if that person exposes his or her genitals in any public place or

Did he or did he not expose his genitals in any public place or not?
PBR
P.S. you will notice the "or" in the above code section
Again, it's not about the wording of the Code, it's about established case law, which CLEARLY delineates between deliberate intent to expose himself and an accidental state (and I'm pretty certain he didn't start the night off thinking, "Hmmm, I think I'll go expose myself to a few people after sex tonight"). :rolleyes:

Established case law will take precedence. It's up to his attorney to convince the D.A. not to press charges and, if the D.A. insists anyway, it's up to the attorney to bring relevant case law to the front of his/her arguments.

Any attorney worth their salt should be able to win this one.

p.s. My best friend from college who is an attorney in Cali is finding all this vastly humorous. She says the judge, no matter WHERE the case is held, is likely going to have trouble keeping a straight face given the *ahem* circumstances with which the pilot found himself unwillingly unclothed in front of other people.

Personally, after a year or two thinking about the errors of his ways, I'd hire him. Bet you money he will never, ever touch a flight attendant or go out and get trashed on an overnight EVER again, should his career continue.

I will not disagree, my position is if he is convicted of indecent exposure, he will be a convicted sex offender. The reason to have a jury trial, is so he could be judged by a jury of his peers. Problem is if his peers on that jury happen to be from an extremely conservative religious sect, the community standards might be slightly different than a jury in SFO or NYC. I think the lesson is if you run around nekkid you are probably gonna have a problem with the authorities. I still think he is gonna have a problem with the wiener in public thing if the lady got a glimpse, hopefully it was cold and the Costanza effect was working for him, if his nickname was Johnny Wad, or Donkey he is gonna have a problem.
PBR

And you deduced that how? Just because that is your orientation, does not mean everyone else is. But thats ok, you can be who/whatever you wanna be, we will accept you for who you are!
PBR

lol you sound like such a bitter looser in your posts. Just because you live a sorry miserable existance and probably have no friends, you log on to FlightInfo to bask in someone elses misfortune.

lol you sound like such a bitter looser in your posts. Just because you live a sorry miserable existance and probably have no friends, you log on to FlightInfo to bask in someone elses misfortune.
Dang you nailed it, but his wasn't misfortune, Katrina was misfortune, his was plain stupid, and he is gonna hafta pay for it, sorry!
PBR

Dang you nailed it, but his wasn't misfortune, Katrina was misfortune, his was plain stupid, and he is gonna hafta pay for it, sorry!
PBR
Oh and make no mistake about it, PBR... he WILL be paying for this mistake. For a LONG time to come.

Even if he retains his job, he will be the laughingstock of the company. He likely will have to enter a HIMS program, and might not see an aircraft for another 6-8 months or more which will then require him to re-do his training and checkrides. I don't think he was finished with consolidation.

Even if he manages it back through all that, he now has a bullseye on his back. He's painted it there and there's nothing he can do about it. The next time he does something even vaguely questionable, he'll be doing a carpet dance explaining why, then doing a random drug and alcohol screening. Every time. For life.

Then, to get OUT of pcl, he's going to have to tell this story again,,, and again,,, and again,,, putting the best spin on something that was fairly stupid, but at least non-aviation oriented, and try to get an HR department to hire a known HIMS problem candidate when there's thousands of other non-problem children to choose from. That sounds SO familiar to me right now...

Can't tell you how hard his life is about to get. Personally, I think he has enough hell coming his way for the next few years without wishing anything else on him.

But that's just me. I'm about the punishment fitting the crime, and the mental anguish this is levying on him, especially the knowledge that he brought it on himself, will certainly guarantee it won't happen again. Suits my "reciprocity" factor in justice that I don't need to add anything more to the fire.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back