• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Capt. has Awesome overnight!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone that is willing to work for a company that is paying less than $20k the first year is a PFTer. Stick that in your pipe. :beer:

-Brett (PFTer)

wow whats this bros issue?? ....

Hey 'bro'...

The issue here is the sanctimonious, holier than thou attitude dispalyed by the folks who are posting on this thread. Does it make you feel better to call someone out on questionable behavior based off of their age? I'd speculate that we've all seen aircrew a lot older than this guy pull off a lot worse.

[Let's face facts here: If these two hadn't been caught and pulled this escapade off successfully, they would have been generally remembered fondly by the folks that would have come to find out about their activities in their peer groups. Most people that fly the airplane that I fly at my airline have either heard of, or done, much worse.]

News flash: The flying public doesn't care how old he was, how hot she was, or how hungover they would have been. When it's time for the next flight, if the leg offered for sale by Delta is the cheapest leg that gets them to their destination at the time they wanted (welll, supposed to, anyway...), they will buy that leg.

One final thought: Other than perhaps some misdemeanor trespassing, what crime was committed here? (The prowling charge is reallly a stretch. A decent lawyer should be able to nip that one in the bud.) Any proof that he/she was still drinking at duty in minus eight hours?

I knew when i read this story that we would be graced by a bunch of "professionalism" posts all over the various internet forums.

If you take the time to write a "how to be professional" post you are an aviation dork, who enjoys smelling your own flatulance, and dressing up in your airline pilot costume before going to the grocery store on your day off.

Is it too much to ask that a person who is given a position of responsibility actually act like they are responsible?
My biggest problem here is that when he decided to get some he was stupid enough to get full naked. WTF? Ok, maybe it was his first time and he didn't know what to do, but still. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that you leave the shirt on and drop trow to the ankles. Hopefully one of his cell mates from his evening in the pokey taught him that much. When he went totally buff, that was the real act of irresponsibility here.
Oh well. Live and learn. What doesn't kill you can only make you... poorer? Of course it sounds like he wasn't paid $hit anyway. Still, hope he has fun in the unemployment line. What is minimum wage these days anyway?

Yes, because where this pilot worked four years ago is really relevant. :rolleyes:
Yes it is, it shows a history of poor judgment......
PBR

Wait...where was the F/O during all this... He/She must feel so left out of the sex...

Hmmmm. Haven't heard anything from Rez in a few days.

Don't suppose it was him?

FJ

It was me! Just got out of the detox tank! There are some real shady people in there. Made me feel good to know that I wasn't as bad as them, despite the fact that we were all in the 'tank' together.......

Know what I mean?

This event is nothing new... every airline has had its colorful alcohol events. This one is average....

Don't take this as justification... just understanding. Dare I say empathy? Three factors that play here:

Pilots have a limited time to drink. On a 14 hour overnight the crew has to get to the hotel, change clothes, and get down to the bar....quick... to have a couple of drinks... it promotes binge drinking..

For some.. the mindset of being the formatted professional all day warrants loosening up while off duty. "I've played by the rules all day, now its time to unwind"

The social pressure with a crew to have a drink and enjoy the "airline lifestlye" can pressure some to indulge too much...

A great story and understanding of pilots and alcohol....

google

lyle prouse

His story is incredible... major screw up, incarceration, atonement, redemption, second chance and Presidential pardon.

When Prouse was released from prison his fellow pilots were there and supported him. Does the avg. pilot have the character to meet his/her fellow pilot at prison when released?

How are we going to treat our fellow pilots who make a mistake? Are we going to support them or scoff at them and tell ourselves we are just a bit better than them...

If pilots who screws up are not defended properly then we set the precedence of improper defense. Corporate America [read airlines, our employers] are not interested in 'truth, justice and the American Way'. They are interested in limiting their liability and cost. In addition, they do not care if their liability is alcohol related as in this case, or any other reason.

So if the precedence is set of improper defense when you are called onto the carpet the methodologies for your discipline or termination might be set due to our partially indifferent support for a fellow pilot we have deemed him....unworthy.

Don't view "stupid" pilots as deserving to get fired and they should have never been hired in the first place combined with 'that would never happen to me'.

View stupid pilots as a buffer zone to our mediocrity (me) or greatness (you). For if the company rids themselves of the stupid guys.. eventually they will get to you and me.

This guy is getting crucified in several different forums. Ask yourself, why do you care so much. Are you just an aviation nerd with nothing better to do than stomp on a guy that is down and out, to make yourself feel better about your miserable regional airline life? Climb back into your holes.

If this guy worked at B.K (another job with low pay and headsets) this wouldn't have made local news.

To CFI2766: Reference "News Flash"= EXACTLY!!! The only question in the mind of the flying public is 'How cheap is the ticket.' Period.

To AiRegency: Am I the only guy who finds it ironic that the 'child' crying the loudest about 'behaving childishly' is the guy with a stick picture about 'booger sandwiches'??? WTF?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back