• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Capt. has Awesome overnight!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We are seeing the result of the baby-boomers having children. Take a look at all the fascinating stories over the years about our "younger" colleagues. This is just the latest one.

As kids, these people were told by parents and teachers that they were special and they could do whatever their little hearts desired. Well guess what? Just because you were coddled to the point where you didn't think "the rules" applied to you, they do!!!!!!!!

You cannot go shag your flight attendant in the woods behind somebody's home and then walk around town naked. You cannot sell stolen company equipment on ebay. You cannot get plastered and smash car windows on the overnight. You cannot go through security and steal a passengers ipod. (I'm sure I have missed some others that we have all talked about)

Society has rules, and unfortunately, some of the Generation Me products are finding out the hard way.

By all means go out and have some fun on the overnight, but use some common sense while doing it.

Look at all the whiners on American Idol that thumb their noses at the judges when they are told they don't have what it takes to be a singer. They talk back, act disrespectful, and storm out of the room in a huff...usually right into the arms of their "reassuring" parents, who inflate their egos again by reminding them how "special and unique" they are.

I'm good enough, smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Could be worse, he could have shown up to the airport wasted like quite a few baby boomer pilots had done in the past. Or got busted for trying to take a ton of coke to Canada like that NWA guy last year.

Could be worse, he could have shown up to the airport wasted like quite a few baby boomer pilots had done in the past. Or got busted for trying to take a ton of coke to Canada like that NWA guy last year.

Good point Papps, but Stifler really did hit the nail on the head.

The kids nowadays are all about the ME attitude. They absolutely do NOT think outside the box, and absolutely have NO interest in anything other then their own self-being. Which is fine with me, since they have been cut off...

And they just don't understand why...

Oh well...

Last edited:
The majority of the Gen Y kids i flew with were alright, Im guessing that the boomers were the first bratty "me generation" (as it was named), ever since then college age kids have probably been kind of annoying until life kicks them down a few notches. Most people tend to be pretty level headed as they hit 30.

Gen Y will be normal in a few years, and they will have a new group of bratty young kids to blame the worlds problems on.

If your going to go down, it might as well be in flames. Seeing that prob alot of us will lose our jobs over the next year, this guy might be laughing his azz off in a couple years over this. This is a great career killer.

If I were him Id argue "Hey you cant fire me, I wasnt embarrassing the company while in uniform. As you know, I wasnt in anything, except for the flight attendant, and that was earlier and consentual."

Thing is, had this been the 1970s, this wouldnt have even made the news. It would have been expected. Not that Im condoning it. Really im not.

Thing is, had this been the 1970s, this wouldnt have even made the news. It would have been expected. Not that Im condoning it. Really im not.

That's B.S. man. I think you've got the wrong impression of what those guys were all about. My father started flying for Pan Am back in '65 and while it's true that they got away with a lot (they used to actually take the entire galley liquor cart with them to the hotel room for their personal use) I've never heard a single story of gross sexual misconduct in public. They might have done a lot behind closed doors and even in the airplane but it would have been extremely unusual to have anything happen in public. Furthermore, it was well know that if you got arrested and had your airlines name plastered all over the newspapers, then your career would not be intact when released from the clink.

I understand and respect that the ALPA types here are willing to defend this kid. As far as I can tell it's like being a public defender. He has a right to a defense. But at the same time I find it very troubling that few of the ALPA types have really spoken out to clearly condemn these types of actions. If yo don't condemn it then you're essentially reinforcing it.

It's true that pilots have been getting in trouble with booze and girls since the profession began but there have also always been consequences. It's unacceptable, infantile and unprofessional behavior. If you can't accept that then like him, you'll be destined to repeat history and become just another example. This industry is generally pretty good at eventually weeding out the undesireables.

This case in particular should remind everybody of a universal law... Nobody gets a free ride.

Allow me to be clear: I don't condone his actions at all. Grossly inappropriate, no matter what profession he's a part of. He just doesn't deserve to lose his job over it.

First sign of getting old. You start complaining how the "youngsters" are screwing everything up.

First sign of getting old. You start complaining how the "youngsters" are screwing everything up.
Could be, but even in my 20's when I was a Lear CA (25), a 727 CA (28), then a CRJ CA for PCL (29), I knew better than to go running around naked through the woods on an overnight chasing after a F/A.

The simple fact is that some people are just immature and shouldn't be doing what they're doing. Unfortunately the only real test for maturity is waiting for them to screw up and, by then, it may be too late.

p.s. Yes, I had my "fun" on overnights, too... Enough to know better now not to "fish off the company pier". But it was DEFINITELY behind closed doors, preferably when the trip was over and we were back in domicile away from ANY company involvement.

Could be, but even in my 20's when I was a Lear CA (25), a 727 CA (28), then a CRJ CA for PCL (29), I knew better than to go running around naked through the woods on an overnight chasing after a F/A.

The simple fact is that some people are just immature and shouldn't be doing what they're doing. Unfortunately the only real test for maturity is waiting for them to screw up and, by then, it may be too late.

p.s. Yes, I had my "fun" on overnights, too... Enough to know better now not to "fish off the company pier". But it was DEFINITELY behind closed doors, preferably when the trip was over and we were back in domicile away from ANY company involvement.

Don't get me wrong he screwed up royally, no excuse for what he did, he lacked common sense. I'm responding to all the youngster bashing that has gone on in the last 10 posts or so.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back