• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Capt. has Awesome overnight!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Furloughed or fired, what is the difference. Either way your out of money and ideas all at the same time.

Last edited:
At least when you're furloughed, it was involuntary, and you can easily get hired somewhere else. If you're fired (especially in a situation like this guy is in), good luck trying to find an aviation job in the US market.

"The problem with 19 year old F/O's and 24 year old CA's is that most of them lack the maturity to be left alone unsupervised with a $24 Million aircraft and 50-90 people's lives in their hands. Some are OK, but they're the exception, not the norm. "

Lear 70......you totally hit the nail on the head....most of behavior in the regional forum, the terminals and at hotels supports your statement.....a clear lack of professionalisim.

So you're saying that FlightInfo.com is an accurate cross section of the entire regional industry?

What's the median age here in the regional forum?

-Brett

"The problem with 19 year old F/O's and 24 year old CA's is that most of them lack the maturity to be left alone unsupervised with a $24 Million aircraft and 50-90 people's lives in their hands. Some are OK, but they're the exception, not the norm. "

Lear 70......you totally hit the nail on the head....most of behavior in the regional forum, the terminals and at hotels supports your statement.....a clear lack of professionalisim.

Hey I said the same thing and got torn a new one for it from Flybunny!

We can't put the entire burden on the individual.

People are a product of their environement. Treat them unprofessionally and pay them unprofessionally and it is most likely they will act unprofessional.

To expect the indivudual to rise above all that and consistently be professional day in and out... is not realistic...

Now on Letterman's website...

Top Ten Excuses of the Naked Pilot

Top Ten

http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/top_ten/index/php/20080521.phtml

10 "I was just helping her with her bags"

9 "You don't say 'no' to Barbara Walters"

8 "Well Harrisburg is the 'City of Love'"

7 "Come on -- Amtrak engineers run around naked in the woods all the time"

6 "Uh...a bear stole my pants?"

5 "I always get aroused after browsing through the Skymall catalog"

4"So we can't fly drunk or have sex -- what is this, Russia?"

3 No number 3 -- writer still playing Grand Theft Auto 4 on XBox -- will try very hard to have jokes tomorrow

2 "Airline lost my clothes"

1 "I thought it was a layover"

Pink Floyd said it best...

A restless eye across a weary room
A glazed look and I was on the road to ruin
The music played and played as we whirled without end
No hint, no word her honour to defend

I will, I will she sighed to my request
And then she tossed her mane while my resolve was put to the test
Then drowned in desire, our souls on fire
I lead the way to the funeral pyre
And without a thought of the consequence
I gave in to my decadence

One slip, and down the hole we fall
It seems to take no time at all
A momentary lapse of reason
That binds a life for life
A small regret, you won't forget,
There'll be no sleep in here tonight

Generation Me

We are seeing the result of the baby-boomers having children. Take a look at all the fascinating stories over the years about our "younger" colleagues. This is just the latest one.

As kids, these people were told by parents and teachers that they were special and they could do whatever their little hearts desired. Well guess what? Just because you were coddled to the point where you didn't think "the rules" applied to you, they do!!!!!!!!

You cannot go shag your flight attendant in the woods behind somebody's home and then walk around town naked. You cannot sell stolen company equipment on ebay. You cannot get plastered and smash car windows on the overnight. You cannot go through security and steal a passengers ipod. (I'm sure I have missed some others that we have all talked about)

Society has rules, and unfortunately, some of the Generation Me products are finding out the hard way.

By all means go out and have some fun on the overnight, but use some common sense while doing it.

Look at all the whiners on American Idol that thumb their noses at the judges when they are told they don't have what it takes to be a singer. They talk back, act disrespectful, and storm out of the room in a huff...usually right into the arms of their "reassuring" parents, who inflate their egos again by reminding them how "special and unique" they are.

I'm good enough, smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back