Pinnacle Buying Colgan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Scope Protection

If Pinnacle's so called scope protections mimic anything like that at Trans States (hint hint, can you say Blowjets) then you Pee-nuckle type can kiss the 76 seaters goodbye.

We've already had people evaluating the 900 series sims. I don't think we'll be kissing anything goodbye. The scope language is pretty clear cut. I welcome all of the Colgan pilots. I've jumpseated on you guys a few times and was always treated great.

Just watch out for PCL management. Your QOL/pay and anything else can change with a stroke of PT's pen. And he doesn't like to give any "extras". Good luck to all.

Cool so let's get a union. You guys are going to hook that up? Us Colgan pilots are very very busy. Whipsalt and whipshake that crap up for us. Can we get a cool number letter thing going too? I think we probably have one but none of us care or know. How about 187? or 69? 666? is 8675309 available? 9s? 9 saabizzle or 9B ? 9 Beechotch. How about just a symbol like Prince? This is all very exciting if we join the union will we all get ALPA lanyards if we do dude I am in. I need a new id holder too. Cool can we picket too I always wanted to do that. I will get the oaktag and markers if you bring the wood. Can we beat ups scabs and stuff too? On a serious note I am really interested and being a voice for Colgan I have an meeting with the meat packer union next wed they said they are looking to expand.

Uh, OK, now I see your point :rolleyes:

You no longer work for the Colgans, you work for Pinnacle. I'm sure you'll enjoy the beatings.

Turbo

Hey Dubya, How about being fired for NO reason and having NO recourse? Sounds like fun doesn't. ALPA does a lot of things right and I'm glad they are on property, or this management group would steamroll right over whoever they would like.

Yes, they have tried to go after individual pilots here. And just about 100% of the time the union has stepped in and set them straight. I'm not saying ALPA is perfect, but it's far better than dealing with these guys on your own.

I think the point a lot of the anti-union guys are missing is the pay rates are a VERY small part of the deal. If it weren't for our union, management could easily have said "You're taking a paycut so we can get the -900s." Our recourse would be to either take it or find another job. Health care was already mentioned, and that's one of the things management is lording over us at the negotiation table right now. We've got an EXCELLENT health care package (once you get the cards in the mail), but management would like to up our premiums/co-pays so THEY pay less into the plan. Without a union, that would have been done long ago. How about this one? You've just finished a four day, you were on reduced rest last night and flew 4 legs already today. You just want to go home and crawl into your own bed. Unfortunately, scheduling just called and said we're under "irregular operations," so now you get to hang out at the airport for another 5 hours with NO PAY just in case they need you. That's ANOTHER thing management would like to happen that the union has stopped.

I understand that the Colgan family has treated you guys well. I have some good friends over there. However, those days are OVER. Chuck might still be CEO, but Nonconnah is pulling the strings now. Don't let management start abusing you before people wise up to what they're capable of.

My Colgan brothers. I have been sweating in summer, freezing in winter, going deaf, taking in the stench of the lavs, being treated like the ugly kid down the block, flying into airports that have no business having airlines, and for not a lot of money with the best that Colgan had and the best that Colgan has for some years now. Everything that has been said on both sides here are right and valid points. G Dub you are a sicko but you are fing funny. At Colgan we have lived in a plastic bubble of sorts, a tortured plastic bubble at times but sheltered from the rest of the regional fiasco that exists post 9/11. We knew we were going to bend over and take it, we knew who was doing, how, when, for how long, how deep, at times even got a peck on the cheek and we learned to live with it. As stated previously there are only about 50 or so that have been here for 6-8 years or so. Some are waiting for that one dream gig, some are too old, some are too comfy, some just do this for fun and make money elsewhere, etc. Some just have had bad luck. Looking at lots of other companies.... I have seen junior captains who were hired when our senior captains were. So come in, we fly our asses off, and we leave for the most part. I know people who are sitting at majors right now who started with airlines the same as some FOs at other regionals. On Jan 18th our world ended. We are now one of the pack. I will be leaving soon and I am lucky to have gotten my PIC and experience before this. Rarely and I mean rarely are corporate buyouts of small companies good for anyone but the people that cash the big checks and the people who double their stock. Everyone else just has another weight added to the load and hope that someone wont kick a leg out. Corporate America in the 21st century is just modern day serfdom plain and simple. Aristocracy is still alive, slavery, etc. They just have names like democracy, balance transfer, equity loans, and whatever else is used to funnel money from the many to the few. If you think that any corporation cares about you then you might as well think that any politician cares about you. Those that have it all know the one basic truth. To believe in the american dream you have to be sleeping and if you are sleeping you wont see what I am doing when your eyes are closed. I will bet that J. Ornstein has a banner in his house that states "I cant have everything if you have something" Yesterday your current lives and means of making a living changed and it isnt coming back. Tomorrow will come and so will the next day and for every day you spend in yesterday is another day you will lose until it all runs out. No joke, no flame, no bull********************, Colgan pilots need to get a voice and get one now. Not because 9E pilots said so but because it is just how things are. Pinnacle has a history of being difficult to its workers, it is fighting with them now, why do you think you are different to them? Is it because the Colgans said so? They did what any second and third generation family in this country does. They worked towards the payoff. All of us would do the same I am sure. Get out while the getting is good. The Colgans have no idea what the real plan is for this company and why should they? Contact ALPA or Teamsters or whatever and get informed now. Most of Colgan it is first airline and for some first full time job and have no experience in the real corporate world and do not really know the difference between union and non union except from other opinions and F. Info. I am not saying one is better than other but be informed. I have many friends here and dont want to see them run over because their head was in the sand, or in the Kool_aid punch bowl, or someone's ass. And if you get a union... ask for more money..... Colgan Rules 4 eva

My Colgan brothers. I have been sweating in summer, freezing in winter, going deaf, taking in the stench of the lavs, being treated like the ugly kid down the block, flying into airports that have no business having airlines, and for not a lot of money with the best that Colgan had and the best that Colgan has for some years now. Everything that has been said on both sides here are right and valid points. G Dub you are a sicko but you are fing funny. At Colgan we have lived in a plastic bubble of sorts, a tortured plastic bubble at times but sheltered from the rest of the regional fiasco that exists post 9/11. We knew we were going to bend over and take it, we knew who was doing, how, when, for how long, how deep, at times even got a peck on the cheek and we learned to live with it. As stated previously there are only about 50 or so that have been here for 6-8 years or so. Some are waiting for that one dream gig, some are too old, some are too comfy, some just do this for fun and make money elsewhere, etc. Some just have had bad luck. Looking at lots of other companies.... I have seen junior captains who were hired when our senior captains were. So come in, we fly our asses off, and we leave for the most part. I know people who are sitting at majors right now who started with airlines the same as some FOs at other regionals. On Jan 18th our world ended. We are now one of the pack. I will be leaving soon and I am lucky to have gotten my PIC and experience before this. Rarely and I mean rarely are corporate buyouts of small companies good for anyone but the people that cash the big checks and the people who double their stock. Everyone else just has another weight added to the load and hope that someone wont kick a leg out. Corporate America in the 21st century is just modern day serfdom plain and simple. Aristocracy is still alive, slavery, etc. They just have names like democracy, balance transfer, equity loans, and whatever else is used to funnel money from the many to the few. If you think that any corporation cares about you then you might as well think that any politician cares about you. Those that have it all know the one basic truth. To believe in the american dream you have to be sleeping and if you are sleeping you wont see what I am doing when your eyes are closed. I will bet that J. Ornstein has a banner in his house that states "I cant have everything if you have something" Yesterday your current lives and means of making a living changed and it isnt coming back. Tomorrow will come and so will the next day and for every day you spend in yesterday is another day you will lose until it all runs out. No joke, no flame, no bull********************, Colgan pilots need to get a voice and get one now. Not because 9E pilots said so but because it is just how things are. Pinnacle has a history of being difficult to its workers, it is fighting with them now, why do you think you are different to them? Is it because the Colgans said so? They did what any second and third generation family in this country does. They worked towards the payoff. All of us would do the same I am sure. Get out while the getting is good. The Colgans have no idea what the real plan is for this company and why should they? Contact ALPA or Teamsters or whatever and get informed now. Most of Colgan it is first airline and for some first full time job and have no experience in the real corporate world and do not really know the difference between union and non union except from other opinions and F. Info. I am not saying one is better than other but be informed. I have many friends here and dont want to see them run over because their head was in the sand, or in the Kool_aid punch bowl, or someone's ass. And if you get a union... ask for more money..... Colgan Rules 4 eva

Bingo...... Its time to be 20 steps ahead of them....just like flying...never let the airplane(managment) get ahead of you. Colgan needs a UNION NOW!!! Before its too late....

Latest resources

Back