Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle and UAL agree on terms....More Q's?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They already pulled 5 emb 135's outta the bone yard to cover some ewr stuff for colgan. Word is they want 15 more? How's that for info?

What does that have anything to do with my post? I said you can't move those Q's from one airline to another since they don't belong to United. I didn't say anything about moving routes around.

Just because the E-135 is coving some of the Q's routes doesn't mean the Q's are going away. There's lots of Colgan guys going to the jet and lots of training going on from people jumping certificate. Do ever think that they can't staff all the Q's has something to do with it?

Last edited:
So in other words, United basically has a backup plan for a scenario of no more Qs at Pinnacle/Colgan. This drawdown will be more quicker and painless than I thought.

What does that have anything to do with my post? I said you can't move those Q's from one airline to another since they don't belong to United. I didn't say anything about moving routes around.

Just because the E-135 is coving some of the Q's routes doesn't mean the Q's are going away. There's lots of Colgan guys going to the jet and lots of training going on from people jumping certificate. Do ever think that they can't staff all the Q's has something to do with it?

Due to staffing issues, Pinnacle Corp came to agreement with UAL and DAL to pull down utilization on the Q and the CRJ starting in January until the 11-09 award is implemented late this year.

Can you cut and paste? Tells me access denied.

Try this:

http://atwonline.com/aircraft-engines-components/news/unidentified-customer-orders-five-q400s-0213

An unidentified airline has signed a firm agreement for five Bombardier Q400 NextGen aircraft; the order is valued at approximately $160 million based on list prices.

“Q400 and Q400 NextGen aircraft have been gaining headway in markets around the world, and approximately 40 operators now have these aircraft in service or on firm order,” said Bombardier Commercial Aircraft president Mike Arcamone. “Q400 aircraft have transformed the perception of turboprops, and as airlines and other operators benefit from the aircraft’s advanced capabilities, the turboprop lives on.”

If we can't even make payments on the current Q400, how can we buy more. The only way I see it is, Pinnacle has worked out a deal with UAL and we don't know about it yet.

Latest resources

Back