• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
is msp a senior fo base, is that hard to get out of base, i currently work for a 121 carrier with a MUCH better contract and much higher pay, but would be doing it to get minneapolis, if i couldn't then there is no way i would go to pinnacle

MSP FO base has been very unpredictable for the past year. As i've flown with FO that has sit reserve for couple months before able to hold MSP, but then i've flown with new FOs that were able to hold MSP right out of class. But in worst case scenario, i would say you should be able to hold MSP in less than half year.

Upgrade currently is starting to go junior again, as the lines are decent in the summer and nobody wants to sit reserve as a junior CA. But i bet once the snow hits the ground and the 17 days off lines start to disappear, upgrade will go back to normal.

If that's incorrect from any of our peeps, please chime in.

/Start Rant

Newsflash... All the Redtail's are miserable places to be. Attn prospective Pinnacle pilots - stay away. And it's not just Pinnacle. Mesaba and NWA as well. I'm a bitter Mesaba future furloughee and from someone who's been enjoying the Red-Tail $h!T sandwich for 6 years now, take it from me. Don't consider working for the NWA family. Don't support the NWA methodology. Don't support that way of running a business. Do yourself a favor and do some research on the history of Northwest Airlines labor relations and ask yourself if you're willing to work for a company that you won't respect.

/End Rant

MM

Any speculation on upgrade times of a new hire?
How many days off on the lines?
How many vacation days/year and do you have to wait 6 mo?
Can you trade trips online?
How many sick days/year?
Deadhead & Cancellation pay? Crew meals?
How is the medical/dental coverage?
Any good overnights? What kind of hotels do you stay in?
Tips on the interview?
Thanks. We all know that there's more to life than the pay and the contract details would be appreciated. I know it's not a great contract from all I've heard, but I'm really hoping to get back to MN. Appreciate the replys!

First off,

DTW FO base is always been junior, so you should have no trouble holding it out of class.

Morris said:
Any speculation on upgrade times of a new hire?
How many days off on the lines?
How many vacation days/year and do you have to wait 6 mo?
Can you trade trips online?
How many sick days/year?
Deadhead & Cancellation pay? Crew meals?
How is the medical/dental coverage?
Any good overnights? What kind of hotels do you stay in?
Tips on the interview?
Thanks. We all know that there's more to life than the pay and the contract details would be appreciated. I know it's not a great contract from all I've heard, but I'm really hoping to get back to MN. Appreciate the replys!

1: Can't really project upgrade time right now. we have too many variables that would affect upgrade. Pro: Attrition, Con: RFP with NWA. But to be honest, with all the regionals out there, many are getting upgrade within 3-4 years, and we're right in the middle of the time frame. So only come here if you really want to live in our bases.

2: As answered before, the summer lines have always been good, anywhere avg from 13-15. One summer ago, it's only a good handful of lines that has more than 15 days off, but now, more than half of the lines has 15 days off, go figure. But once winter comes, it'll drop back down to 12 avg, i suspect.

3: Year 1(probation) and 2, you get a week vacation, 5 paid days, 2 non-paid days. We bid our vacation in Nov., so if your checkride date is after Nov., no vacation till next year, sucks!

4: No trade trips online. The only online function we have is crewtrac, which we can check our schedules, self-notify, check open time, stuff like that.

5: I couldn't remember what's the sick day accural, but i can tell you our policy. If you call in sick for the 1st time within 3 mo., no questions asked. 2nd time, doctor's note, 3rd time, talk with base mgr, 4th expect a carpet dance.

6: DH, CX are half pay. Crew meals, haha... nope. (Can't help it:)

7: Dental, Medical, i'm not too familiar, sorry.

8: Last summer we had some awesome overnight, BOS, PHL, JFK... This year, it's tough to say, sometimes we have a few better ones in NY, but most of the time, it's 18 hours in Des Moine, IA.. We're mostly staying at Holiday Inn.

9: It's been a few years, but do a search on here, and should be able to find most of what you need.

Cheers.

Could someone remind me about the training details again. I know that they provide hotel and some pay during training, but wondering about the employee status thing. Do you still have to pass the checkride before being able to non-rev and all that?

Also -- does the ATP written have to be done for the interview, or before class?

I've already been burned by one red tail, so I'm not eager to jump to the other one, but would like to keep all options open.

Thanks

Northern Lights said:
Could someone remind me about the training details again. I know that they provide hotel and some pay during training, but wondering about the employee status thing. Do you still have to pass the checkride before being able to non-rev and all that?

Also -- does the ATP written have to be done for the interview, or before class?

I've already been burned by one red tail, so I'm not eager to jump to the other one, but would like to keep all options open.

Thanks

You become an employee when you pass your checkride, seniority is based off of your class date and age, and the ATP written does have to be done for the interview. I have seen people get sent home on the interviews right away because they didn't have it.

Thanks. I've been studying that dang Gleim ATP book on and off since 2002, but have never gotten around to actually taking the test.

People are funny-

Post- 'This airline is awful! It is associated with awful people, and it is the worst out there! I hate it here!'

Next post- 'I can't wait to work there. Are they hiring?'

It will take a long time to fix the QOL and pay problems, with thoughts like that.

Latest resources

Back