• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Air Services

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Starchecker, I just got a price on a room in PBI the Holiday Inn airport Conf center it is withing 2 miles of the airport it is a nice hotel for 85.00 and I am sure that if there is nothing special going on in the area I could either get the same Marriott you are in or any of the hotels you speak of for 60-70 if I just price line bid the hotel. We stay in the same hotels you all stay in just you all pay full price. I was just in the Marriott at HOU taxes and all for 68 the best rate the FBO had was 100 + taxes and it was the courtyard. If I would have went straight to the hotel the room would have been 140 plus tax. I was in the Hyatt in LA with bell hopes and all and paid something like 80 bucks last month. Sometimes yea we get screwed like now I am in Aspen my room with tax was 132 but we just moved to a different hotel in downtown and the room is 70 it is just a fair room they called this place 3 stars I would say 2 but I got wireless internet bathroom and a quenn size bed so maybe it doesn't have all the extra pillows and the pillow top mattress. You seem to bash La Quinta quite allot try the one in Panama City FL it is nicer then any Marriott courtyard I have been in there is also one in Atlanta just like it the one in Nashville it is ahh but they are renovateing there whole chain so 2 out of 3 really nice and the other I could get by with yea I know some are junk it happens to be the area they are in but remember I get to choose the area I stay in you don't so how do you know you have resturaunts or van service your dispatch made the reservation maybe they check on that for you I don't know. You mentioned TEB medowlands plaza it is like 85 a night through the FBOs or at least it was it has been a while since I stayed in TEB and they have a van to take you to near bye mall all be it small but alot of resturaunts 2 movie theaters.

Now if you are smart you do not count any money you make on per diem torward your salery. You look at it as play money when you are off.

Where you heard that we are going to be raised to match your pay. I don't think so my guess is are most junior 60 captain makes more then most all JR captains. I am going to toss this bit out there and you do the math.
I might hear about it even get my neck in a sling If you work for this company you know who I am I don't hide behind stage names I left that to the strippers maybe that is foolish on my part but what the hell, but I am just sick of this he said she said they get we get I think crap. A junior captain on the 60 at PA and all are on a 15 day rotation give or take a day then off 15 base pay 66000 + 50 a day 15 x 50 = 750 a month 750 x 12 months 9000 ........66000 + 9000 = 75000 a year. Now just for gigals you through in the money we make and we do every month on the low side you average 300 cash on you per diem that is 3600 cash not taxed extra for the year and this year I have averaged over 500 each month on my per diem that is 6000 cash for me, and being I am not junior hear and picked up a few extra days I will make 10000 on my day pay this year you figure out how much I make over your highest paid captain. So If they switch us all to your system we are all going to get F............ed. Now all of are home base guys it maybe a better deal for them. For the guys who are senior and out on the road live where we want to get 15 days off a month pocket play money at the end of each month we aren't liken that idea of a change to much. Which maybe why we are not being told much they are affraid about 50% of there pilots may up and just walk because it is about half of us that are out on the road we already had 3 45 guys leave because nothing was being said to them and they got worried. And I know alot of are guys are worried they have famlies and houses they took the job because they could live were they are now. I am in a better spot then most in my case my stuff is in storage and I am just waiting it out at family and friends houses while I am off, but I won't move across the county to keep this job.

What are you all going to do if they now say these are the bases now bid via seniorty how far down the list did you fall I am sure your number just got multiplied by 2 if you were 15 at JR you will now be 30 and now you just lost your base because 3 guys ahead took it just something to think about.

Last edited:
Hotels

Very well said Dave, but one thing I must point out regarding hotels is Priceline. It is not uncommon to stay in a 4star for $50-$60 a night. Now if you hit this price at a high end..........well you do the math. You just have to know how to use the system. Pinnacle's per diem structure is, in my opinon, very fair. Having worked at Pinnacle for a year, I never came close to being in the red after 15 days. In fact the net take home was nomally $500. Just my .02 cents.

By the way Dave you never called me back when I was in EYW. I see how you are!

When do you guys get on the internet to do Priceline? This is another issue of mine.... I don't feel as if we should fly all day and then worry about finding ourselves a hotel within our per diem amount. The good folks in the office who have a phone and internet readily available can do that much more easily.

GREAT LAKES said:
Very well said Dave, but one thing I must point out regarding hotels is Priceline. It is not uncommon to stay in a 4star for $50-$60 a night. Now if you hit this price at a high end..........well you do the math. You just have to know how to use the system. Pinnacle's per diem structure is, in my opinon, very fair. Having worked at Pinnacle for a year, I never came close to being in the red after 15 days. In fact the net take home was nomally $500. Just my .02 cents.

By the way Dave you never called me back when I was in EYW. I see how you are!
F u M i was in the same state as you when you called from Deval St. LOL I was going to but had to go to work timeing was bad. I was thinking about running down for a couple of days but your wife would have been pissed at me for leaveing her to hang with you check the blood work on the last kid LOL pease bud talk to you later call me.

Last edited:
Dave J said:
What are you all going to do if they now say these are the bases now bid via seniorty how far down the list did you fall I am sure your number just got multiplied by 2 if you were 15 at JR you will now be 30 and now you just lost your base because 3 guys ahead took it just something to think about.

I guess Pinnacle has yet to communicate how senority is working after closing. Before I explain, let me preface by saying senority will probably not matter initially because we will be on two separate operating certificates. As of now, there is no op spec or provision to allow pilots to fly on the other certificate, which makes senority worthless between the two companies. Now, should we merge into one certificate down the road, or get an op spec to allow pilots on both, senority might mean something.

That said, senority will work like this. Pinnacle agreed to place the most senior Jetride pilot as most senior aka #1 on the new Pinnacle/Jetride list, followed by the #1 at Pinnacle. So Pinnacle's #1 will be #2, Jetride's #2 will be #3, Pinnacle's #2 will be #4, etc. Just take your current Pinnacle seniority and put a Jetride pilot above you and below you.

Of course, the Jetride pilots were very pleased with this merging plan. Pinnacle could have easily tacked all the JR guys underneath the PA guys. A 1:1 merge was very gracious on their part.

Priceline

How do you use priceline effectively? I was looking around on it for the PBI hotels and priceline was quoting the same rate as the hotels' websites. For example, the Holiday Inn Conference Center was $74 a night on both the hotel website and priceline. The Marriott West Palm Beach (where we stayed for 4 nights this past weekend) was $159 a night on Marriott's website and on priceline. We got it for $99 from the FBO.

Am I not using priceline correctlt to get a better rate? I saw the bid function that priceline has, but it would not let me bid on a specific hotel. It would only allow a bid for a general area and then you are stuck with whatever hotel it assigns you. Is this normal?

Priceline

You are correct, you cannot bid for a particular hotel, only the star level and the location. What I normally do is check orbitz for hotels in the area and prices. As a general rule of thumb you should bid 40-50 percent less than the sugested RETAIL price. There are alot of "little things" to using priceline that you need to understand. I no longer work for Pinnacle, but I would be happy to talk with you. PM your phone # and I'll call you.

does bidding 50% less work for airline tickets?
I would like to ask jet ride guys if they know anything about a wilmington delaware base? Congrats on the senority if thats correct. I think it's a fare deal to.

Why would the acquiring party place the acquired parties pilots in higher seniority? I have a hard time believing this. If it is true, then maybe it's time to polish up the old resume.

Pinnacle guys should be first. I have no problem with a one to one, but a PA guy should be no. 1, not a JR guy. This is not a merger. It is an acquisition.

Nothing against JR guys. But you don't buy someone out and then hose your own people. But I'll save final judgment until after the official word.

Why would the acquiring party place the acquired parties pilots in higher seniority? I have a hard time believing this. If it is true, then maybe it's time to polish up the old resume.

Pinnacle guys should be first. I have no problem with a one to one, but a PA guy should be no. 1, not a JR guy. This is not a merger. It is an acquisition.

Nothing against JR guys. But you don't buy someone out and then hose your own people. But I'll save final judgment until after the official word.

Possibly their (JR) number one guy has been with the company longer than Pinnacle has been in existance. Or it was part of the negotiations in the sale. Just guesses. Nonetheless, niether JetRide or Pinnacle are union. So, 1:1 is completely fair. I'll take it if that is indeed the real situation. Sorry for coming across somewhat pessimistic in the last part here. I have learned to believe it when I see it.

J

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back