• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Air Services

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, 100 bucks a day is what I heard too. I thought no F*ing way!! Guess it is true. I can tell you this much, don't EVER expect me to fly on a day off again.. it's just not worth my time off. They can airline me home and bring another crew out. This of course after we are all operating under the same sop's. From my knowledge we will continue to follow our guidelines for the time being. So if you guys at JR want to make same extra money I'd say do it sooner rather than later!

macpilot said:
That dosent sound right to me because it's not fare to the ASG bassed crew, we only do a fraction of the overnights the 2 weeks on/off pilots do.

you get 100 for flying on your day off, there is holiday pay, unable to carry over vacation time. Uniforms come from "Tally Ho" in miami. It's 20 per paycheck untill it's paid off, all alterations, or repalcement uniforms are covered.

That is truly a sad sad deal. $100 to work on a day off. Here's what you do... SAY NO!!! Don't fly trips for that chump change. Unless you are just have dollars coming out of your ears. If you need over time go do some contract work for $600 a day. After a while they will bump it up or the they will find themselvs understaffed. We get $300 which is very reasonalbe. It used to be $175 but peeps denied overtime and thought time off was more important than a lousy 175 bucks. Grow a pair and so no.

Also, if that 50 is just an offset for the lower salary... then get ready and say good bye to the $50 dollar day pay.

Here is one thing to remember for both PN and JR crews. JR was not alot of fun to work at when I first started. The mngt team had a very low opinion of a pilots worth and treated u you as such. Our attrition rate was terriable. The old mngt punched out DO, CP, VP and his assistant and the new mngt came in. This includes the current Jetride DO and CP as well as the current VP for Jetride who is now the boss for both JR and PN. They have done a great job imho of turing around pilot morale. The PN crews can make up their own minds about it but I think most of the JR pilots would agree with me about the overall improvement in the QOL at Jetride over the last year. In the long run these things like debit cards, per diem and uniforms will get worked out and if past performance from the current VP equals future results I think the future combined company will be a decent place to work.

CFI4LIFE said:
Yeah, 100 bucks a day is what I heard too. I thought no F*ing way!! Guess it is true. I can tell you this much, don't EVER expect me to fly on a day off again.. it's just not worth my time off. They can airline me home and bring another crew out. This of course after we are all operating under the same sop's. From my knowledge we will continue to follow our guidelines for the time being. So if you guys at JR want to make same extra money I'd say do it sooner rather than later!

Right on brother.

It's gona be next to impossible to get anyone on JR to work OT now.
When asked to work OT we must respectfully decline and LET THEM KNOW WHY!! VERY IMPORTANT AND We'll get our 300 bones a day back quickly.
BUT IT'S EXTREAMLY CRUCIAL THAT EVERYONE DOES THIS OR IT'S NOT GONA WORK.

I may have jumped the gun a bit on my comments about the overtime pay. MNR is right on the money with his comments about the "Old" JR vs the current JR. Things have gotten better, and we have not been informed that our pay system will be changing at all, maybe our policy will be adopted by Pinnacle and no one will have to refuse extra work. I have a tremendous amount of respect in our current mangagement, and I certainly don't mind helping out if its worth my time. Though 300 bucks is less than the daily rate of a contract pilot, it is better than what we were getting before, and much better than what Pinnacle offers. But if they do try to put us at a $100 daily rate then JJett, I'm with you!

ummm, I think you are all jumping the gun a bit here. The way I read it one of the PN guys was saying they get $100 a day for overtime. Nowhere in the thread did somone from JR say they heard we were going to $100 a day for OT. Re-read the last couple pages. The only things I hear are changeing in the near future at JR are uniforms and per-diem. Last I talked to JR's DO it wasen't even set in stone about JR guys having to pay for the uniforms. Only thing for sure is we are going to uniforms for sure.

Long term changes are all just mngt thinking out loud at this point. I know they would like to consolidate the fleet to have some consistancy in types i.e. lose the LR55s and replace with LR60s etc. They will eventually want to have some flow through between the cirtificates. Possibily move managed or 10+ seat aircraft to one cirt or the other etc. Its all rumor at this point however.

MNR

I understand that it wasn't mentioned but how do you, Pinnacle Group, justify paying Jetride pilots $300 a day OT and Pinnacle pilots only $100?

They brought the PCL pilot salary up to match JR's. Why wouldn't they aliegn OT?

I have yet to see a pay increase at Pinnacle. I'm not real sure what you guys mean by this. The only change we have seen has been the benefits package which added vision, long and short disability, FSP, DCA, and some matching 401K.

I have spoken over the phone with a couple of JR guys over the per diem issue. Frankly, you guys are making way too big of an issue over this. I know uncertanity is not good, but trust us, this will work out to your benefit and put a few extra bills in your pocket.

I really hope Pinnacle adopts the JR policy on aircraft crewing. I think your system works. We need help with this at our LAS base and with an airplane at ASG.

I wouldn't get too bent out of shape over the uniforms. The company requires it so you wear it or go else where. Our customers pay top dollar and demand nice aircraft, service, and crews. The uniform is just part of that. If you want to keep wearing polos then get a corporate or freight job. If JR guys do have to pay, don't worry. $26 a month isn't much plus it's all tax deductable.

I also wish Pinnacle would adopt the JR concept of communication. Every JR guy I talk to mentions the weekly email or teleconference with the DO or CP. I get 95% of my info here on flightinfo. Pinnacle really needs to keep their people (PA and JR) in the loop.

I know PA mgnt reads this board. Remember, an involved employee group feels needed and appreciated, and will return in kind to the company.

I look forward to meeting more JR folks and hope we can hook up on the road.

Downwind

Downwind said:
I have spoken over the phone with a couple of JR guys over the per diem issue. Frankly, you guys are making way too big of an issue over this.......I wouldn't get too bent out of shape over the uniforms. The company requires it so you wear it or go else where. Our customers pay top dollar and demand nice aircraft, service, and crews. The uniform is just part of that. If you want to keep wearing polos then get a corporate or freight job. If JR guys do have to pay, don't worry. $26 a month isn't much plus it's all tax deductable.

Downwind

Downwind,

The per diem system JR proposed is problematic for many different reasons. The main reason is the per diem debit card. It has no Visa or Matercard logo and because of that it cannot be used to pay for a hotel room or meals. The only way to get your money is through an ATM or Point-of-Sale location like Walmart or the grocery store. Then you must go to your bank and deposit the cash you withdrew to pay your personal credit card bill for the hotel and meals on a trip.

Beyond that, I don't see how you make money or even break even on $141 a day. Are you one of the Pinnacle pilots that seeks out the Motel 6 and Super 8 on overnights? JR routinely books us in $99 a night rooms that comes to $110 after taxes. That leaves me with $31 a day for meals. Who can eat on $31 a day without going the fast food route?

As far as uniforms. I agree, wear it or leave the company. But, I also think they company buys them, or pilots leave the company. JR pilots wear a uniform now. It is charcoal colored, suit quality pants. We wear an oxford button down white shirt and a tie. Essentially, we wear a business suit without the jacket. IMHO, it looks more professional than any standard pilot uniform in the aviation world. Where did you get the idea we wear polos?

Lastly, if the company is going to mandate uniforms of their choice and their uniform provider; they need to pay for them. Otherwise, they need to let me select where to buy the uniforms. JR pays for our uniforms now and it is only ethical and right that that process continues.

Latest resources

Back