Pinnacle Air Services

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
slickmagneto said:
Let's see if we can set things straight. Pinnacle bought Jetride.(NOT MERGED). He who has the gold makes the rules. Pinnacle has the gold thus gets to makes the rules. If you don't like the rules you can go somewhere else. Looks plain and simple to me. And I'll bet a weeks salary that the day you tell Nelson your not going to work will be your last day. Trust me that I'm for better working conditions for all parties but I can tell you that you are playing with a loaded gun.

The more I read this the more I get fumed
Either this is Nelson himself or his Mini-Me!!!!

slickmagneto said:
Your file is now in the hands of GOD himself.

I've said it many times and I'll say it again...Nelson, do the world a favor and make your self disappear! You intolerable, arrogant, small d**ked bastard! The only reason you are still flying is b/c you screwed good people and got lucky. Your day will come... *******s

slickmagneto said:
Let's see if we can set things straight. Pinnacle bought Jetride.(NOT MERGED). He who has the gold makes the rules. Pinnacle has the gold thus gets to makes the rules. If you don't like the rules you can go somewhere else. Looks plain and simple to me. And I'll bet a weeks salary that the day you tell Nelson your not going to work will be your last day. Trust me that I'm for better working conditions for all parties but I can tell you that you are playing with a loaded gun.

I just want to say that PN bought JR ideas and procedures. Why? Cause we have one of the highest reputations in the charter business. We fly our asses off and make tons of cash doing it. Airnet simply wanted to get rid of the dept JR planes had caused. So, PN know's this is a steal and buys us. So, why would PN want to change something that has produce millions in profit every year?

Oh, buy the way. Our boss is now your boss. You can decide to have better QOL or leave for some other peanut picking job.

I sense this thread turning to "us" vs "them," and I think thats unfortunate because up till now things seemed to be going pretty smooth between both pilot groups. Fact is no one really knows what is going to unfold when the deal is done and behind us. JR guys know what we have in our management, and the kind of ethics Wynn brings to the table. I would hedge my bets that he will continue to act with integrity and make this as painless as possible for all involved. I don't know Nelson, and I'm not going to make any preconceived notions about him, I have heard he is "fair" and until proven otherwise I will give him the benefit of the doubt. I will say that all of the PN pilots I have met have been very friendly, positive, and people I look forward to working with. So, all that being said, hopefully we can keep this thread on a positive track.

CFI4LIFE said:
I sense this thread turning to "us" vs "them," and I think thats unfortunate because up till now things seemed to be going pretty smooth between both pilot groups.

I agree with you. We don't want to head down the road of us vs. them. This is typical Flightinfo style and no good will come from it. I only met one Pinnacle crew and they were great to be around and talk to.

I said some things in earlier posts regarding working on days off and not willing to do so. If this was conceived as arrogant or being a jackass, I am sorry. It was not my intention. I think there are good things to come and that the Pinnacle pilots will see an improvement in their QOL.

Needless to say, JR and PN pilots are all in this together and it will be a bumpy road of changes. If we stick together and stand by each other, we can make this a great place to work!

FL410guy said:
I just want to say that PN bought JR ideas and procedures. Why? Cause we have one of the highest reputations in the charter business. We fly our asses off and make tons of cash doing it. Airnet simply wanted to get rid of the dept JR planes had caused. So, PN know's this is a steal and buys us. So, why would PN want to change something that has produce millions in profit every year?

Oh, buy the way. Our boss is now your boss. You can decide to have better QOL or leave for some other peanut picking job.
The goal of the Pinnacle Group "4" was to be the largest most successful 135 operator around. To do this they had to buy a company that was larger and had been around longer with experience and logistics to make it work and work well. Looks to me that with was not just a purchase of a company but also a purchase of know-how and logistics. This could not have been a better move on behalf of the Pinnacle Group. Especially for those of us working on the line. Our benefits have improved. Possibly OT will improve. Who knows what is to come. The way it looks to me is that is that our company is improving itself to the standards of JetRide. So, yeah, our company had the "gold" to buy JR. I look forward to the future. You guys bring a lot to the table that will make this fledgeling company improve and grow faster than it has in the past. This company has made exponential improvements since I have been here. A little rocky at times. With this new acquisition between between JR and PA we will see even more improvements. Especially for us on the PA side I hope to see a better means of communications.

slickmagneto said:
Your file is now in the hands of GOD himself.

Well G, that was well put. They obviously have not worked at PA and they can't figure out who Nelson is or Dave. So let let the ignorance continue to compile into one steaming pile.

Peace Out!

I see that we will no longer be getting the per diem debit cards. Instead, the per diem money will be direct deposited into our personal bank account. It will still be the standard rate based on the IRS CONUS High-Low method.

I e-mailed the Pinnacle Accounting Manager regarding expense reports and how per diem will be paid with this new system. She told me that they will deposit the per diem based on the flight schedule they receive from Dispatch. She also said there will be no need for expense reports. This leads me to a few more questions that maybe some Pinnacle guys/gals can answer....

1. Without an expense report, how do we get reimbursed for tips, taxi rides, rental cars, etc?

2. Do the Pinnacle pilots get reimbursed for tips, taxis, etc. now, under the current system?

I still think we are going get hosed on this new per diem system. We are in PBI this week, which qulifies for the low rate of $141. The PIC and I looked online and talked to the FBO and the best rate we could get around here is $90 a night before taxes/fees for a hotel within 10 miles of the airport and one that had shuttle service. So, the daily bill will be about $107 after fees, which leaves me with $34 a day for food. That's a bad deal IMHO. We are getting $36 a day now.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back