• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Air Charter - ASG

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not all pilots left b/c they got there feelings hurt. Not to take up for the poor fellows but a lot of their headache was in scheduling. Not to name any names, but everyone that has been there for the last year knows who I'm talking about. Which that problem is now gone and I understand the new regime is runninig quite smoothly. Hopefully, they have worked alot of their quirks out with the pilot handling issues.

I never worked there, but my knowledge is first hand. I will grant you it has been a few years now, but to my knowledge nothing has changed. At least Lord Nelson has not changed I am sure. Avoid him and maybe it isn't so bad, but not a career place none the less. The pay seems lousy as well. And why are you guys so dang defensive? I have had crappy jobs and had no false illusions about them.

Slickmag- My opinion is just that; my opinion. I have the right to call someone out if I like, it is called freedom of speech in a little old document called the Constitution. You may have heard of it? Anyway you may like Nelson and the gang in ASG and I may be full of caca. If I was a writer for AIN, Pro Pilot or BCA and said that in an article he may have a case. But I am just some jack a$$ on the internet, what do I know?

Last edited:
Melon said:
I never worked there, but my knowledge is first hand. I will grant you it has been a few years now, but to my knowledge nothing has changed. At least Lord Nelson has not changed I am sure. Avoid him and maybe it isn't so bad, but not a career place none the less. The pay seems lousy as well. And why are you guys so dang defensive? I have had crappy jobs and had no false illusions about them.

Slickmag- My opinion is just that; my opinion. I have the right to call someone out if I like, it is called freedom of speech in a little old document called the Constitution. You may have heard of it? Anyway you may like Nelson and the gang in ASG and I may be full of caca. If I was a writer for AIN, Pro Pilot or BCA and said that in an article he may have a case. But I am just some jack a$$ on the internet, what do I know?

Defensive? Why is everyone on this thread so quick to make assumption that they HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT. We have come to this place of information merely to defend the things that are said about the company that we work for. Anyone at any other company would do the same. It is called loyalty. Furthermore, if you haven't ever worked here and have no first hand knowledge of any of the issues on this thread, why are you spouting you opinion. You and I both know that people exagerate. Do you always believe exactly what you are told? If so, the word gullible isn't in the dictionary.

Last edited:
Ok so this is a lot of he said she said, but in reality Pinnacle isn't diff. from any other job. There are good days and bad days, good people and bad people and what sets our pilots apart is the maturity to deal with the bad days and do their job. If you can't handle it well too bad and good luck somewhere else... As for you LearDriver (Mark) you seriously need to let go. If you hate pinnacle soooooo much then why can't you stop thinking about it? come on if you are so happy to have left then just go and stop trying to bash the company that like it or not gave you so much. As for the DO yeah he is a tough person but like I said in all companies you will have someone you have a hard time getting along with . JUST DEAL WITH IT.

I don't know about you guys but this dead horse has been beat to death, run over and drug down the road. Lets all face it, if you are new to the industry and need a job, if you can get it, Pinnacle will give you some good time building. Deal with the headaches that come along with the territory and move on to a better gig that suites you. 135's are just stepping stones for all the pilots looking for that good 91 job. We all do it. No one can say that they are not constantly looking for that better job for more pay and less flying. Some of these pilots may need or deserve the wrath of Nelson. But that is what makes the world go around. Peace Out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, quite interesting, some positive, some very pessimistic, and cynical opinions. My experience with Pinnacle is that I am a new hire there and spent a day with the D.O. and it was very positive. He treated me with courtesy and respect even though he had to come in on Sunday and teach the first day of Indoc which was very thorough and insightful. I have worked in 135 for only 10 years and have flown world wide as a contract pilot for US and European Air Carriers and this is one of the best operations I have seen. The Chief Pilot (name is not Elton) is a stand up guy he was a First Officer that I flew with for over a year and a half who did his job very well and he really cares and that is a fact. They hired two of my friends and former coworkers and they are also impressed. The pay is NBAA standard for a Lear 45 Captain performing 135 Charter (if you don't think it's appropriate -- look at what the Fractionals or other 135 operators are paying and what work schedule they are offering). In fact, one of the best 45 Instructors (I have trained with all of them) at Bombardier wants to work there if this says anything. The company may have some growing pains but it is going places. What I heard (from former Flexjet and Corporate Pilots) before I accepted a position is all positive and the schedule can't be beat (15 on 15 off). They demand your best but we know that is a mark of a Professional Pilot. By the way, Pinnacle Air is looking for some good Lear 45 First Officers if anyone is interested. You can gather all the particulars from the Chief Pilot.

Pinnacle Air

I really think that if flight-info required you to be at least 16, and have a maturity level of 14, you would not have near the amount of negative posts regarding Pinnacle. Yes I do work for Pinnacle, and Yes I do like working here.

Goodnight Kids sleep tight........you have school tomorrow.

GREATLAKES

Latest resources

Back