Pinnacle Air Charter - ASG

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dave J said:
Whatever junior I am paid well and have been, and a far as being a slut I am a pricey one then. Not only did I pay for my entire initial training and college mommy and daddy didn't help how about you? I do find it funny to find some one who is a CRJ FO calling someone else a slut. Did you think about the main line pilots who are out of work because you are flying the routes they use too

Well did you ever think the mainline guys had to be a f/o at a regionals ?Probably not b/c your self centered. They had to start somewhere...and their not out of work b/c we took their routes. I dont ever remember a CRJ200 going over the pond?? And about he pay?? You call making 66K alot of money in NWAR?? Thats even more funny.

LearDriver04 said:
DAVE...

First of all, you probably know as little as most everyone of us ever has about people who left and/or got fired. If you're honest, you'll admit that you're not in the "loop" and that the propoganda that flies around that place about "well, he was about to be fired" or "he was a liar" or "he was useless" is JUST THAT - propoganda.

Second, if you hate pilots so much, quit flying. I'm sure that somewhere there's a line service team that could use someone with your expertise! There's nothing wrong with the pilot group as a whole - in fact, it's the "shut up you whiny little pilot...do you know how luck you are to even have a job" mentality that is chanted by Kool-Aid drinkin' pilots (i.e. you) that causes anybody with the guts and brains to stand up for what's right to be shot down by bad management.
The "old school" management mentality that believes: if ANYONE has ANY suggestion about how to improve the quality of life for pilots at Pinnacle then they're just a whiny whimp who hasn't paid their dues or "worked a day in their lives" is the very reason that you have a nearly 97% turn over rate. Do you contend that nearly ALL the pilots who have worked at Pinnacle are so bad? If so, then wouldn't the problem resonate throughout the entire industry? Oddly enough though, it doesn't. Hmmm...must be something OTHER than "whiny", "spoiled", low calibar (to quote your chief) pilots.

Finally, grow up a little bit with regard to someone "giving their nut" to have fun -- nobody deserves to work as endentured servants, and nobody has the right to fear losing their job at every turn. When people suggest something that could be done better, stop and consider their idea rather than touting that old company line "you have no idea how bad it is at other places" - instead, why don't you spend some time thinking about how good you could make it at Pinnacle.

As for me, I worked there, I survived, and I moved on. I love my new company, and FINALLY know what it is to work for a great company, be treated like a professional, be treated with respect, and earn a wonderful wage. Wanna' hear both sides of the story then ask Dave, then feel free to drop me a line - then decide for yourself...for some people Pinnacle is a dream job, for others a nightmare...just depends on what you're looking for.

Safe flying!

Well, MARK, it was so nice to hear your opinion. Not that we didn't hear it the whole time you were working here. It is a pilot like you that makes the others look bad. Where did you learn your math skills? You and I both know that Pinnacle doesn't have any where near a 97% turnover. So you and another guy left after being reprimanded. That doesn't equal 97%. Seems to me that you couldn't take the heat once you were caught with your d*ck in your hand. Sucks to admit your wrong doesn't it. And, isn't it great that you haven't changed. I believe that the person you left with, that you presently fly with, wasn't good enough for you when you were with Pinnacle. In fact, I believe you thought he was unprofessional. Weird, do I see a trend here. You like to talk, but your words have no backing.

As for the management at Pinnacle, there are good days and there are bad, but isn't that true anywhere. I mean, Mark you have a few type ratings thanks to Pinnacle's dollar. Who's holding the silver spoon now? Pinnacle is growing by leaps and bounds. The ones that choose to stick around are the ones that will reep the benefits. As for the ones that decide to leave, I wish them all the best. Just don't get on the internet and bash the place that gave you a chance when no one else would (Mark).

One last comment, as for the guy with family problems that later called (about 2 months later) and was told "not a chance". That guy is full of himself. The only family problems he had was his wife's job at Chick Fila. WOW! Now that is a problem. Be a manager at a fast food store or fly lear jets? Hard decision. He isn't worth talking about though because he didn't even have the courage to call and tell someone he was going to make it to indoc, he just never showed. Now that my friends is a great guy!

Flybet3 said:
j77mitch said:
Just reading a few of these posts mainly from the guy that calls himself Flybet3 or should I say IFlyjets, same guy. Sounds like you have talked to some people who know a little bit about the company, and have developed a pretty big oppinion about it. Let me tell you, as I have said before, the company is not bad to work for.

Well sounds like you had your head up the DOs a$$ too. Secondly....IFlyjets? nope I'm not the same guy. The people that I have talked to are great pilots, that work hard, never complain and all they expect is a "good job" from the boss. The same way they dont give their boss crap, they expect the same from the employer. The things I have said about the DO is true, how do I know b/c I have met and known that Fat A$$ DO for some time. Same like, I went to pinnacle Air seeking employment in the past. But all I got from the DO was threats (in the interview) arrogance and unprofessionalism. Who does this guy think he is? Yeah the MX is good there, and the airplanes are nice I'll give them that. But the matter of the fact is that the only way you last there is to basically keep your mouth shut, if the Fat A$$ DO says the SKY is purpple and you say it's blue then you're on this list. Every 135 op that I have worked for has had some weakness, but I never complained...why? b/c eventhough pay might've been low, or benefits were only OK management was great, the DO did his jobs and never fu**ed around with the Pilots and the CP took care of his pilots. So no I'm not of the group that always complains. I have always thought that in order to have great, helpful & happy employees the employer has to be a individual that needs to set the example. You can say whatever you want, but pinnacle air has a bad rep, not because of bad MX, or even bad pay, or bad pilot group. But because of peace of shiat DOs like Nelson, and nutless CPs like Elton. This is fact not fiction.

His name isn't Elton so I find it hard to believe that you know anything at all about Pinnacle Air.

dc101 said:
Flybet3 said:
His name isn't Elton so I find it hard to believe that you know anything at all about Pinnacle Air.

Well you guys have changed my mind... Pinnacle is an outstanding organization comprised of many highly compensated and happy pilots. Furthermore, it is run strictly by industry standards of professionalism and management-employee relations. I'm sure the D.O. is a misunderstood genius whose people skills are without equal and if he chooses to believe the sky is purple while a pilot feels its blue I don't see anything wrong if the dispute ends in a termination.

The reputation that Pinnacle has developed doesn't happen overnight and I can assure you doesn't just rest with the folks here on Flightinfo.com or some 22 yr. old kid. Hope you guys can get it turned around, but that's going to take more than just saying it's so here or ganging up to insult the kid's wife for probably making more than a Pinnacle F.O. by working for a living managing a fast food joint. If anything you should be embarrased that an F.O.'s pay is so low that his wife's income would even come in to play. You belittle yourself and your company by taking those kinds of cheap shots and are making yourselves out to be just the type of idiot the guy describes.

Good luck!!!

Last edited:
h25b said:
dc101 said:
Well you guys have changed my mind... Pinnacle is an outstanding organization comprised of many highly compensated and happy pilots. Furthermore, it is run strictly by industry standards of professionalism and management-employee relations. I'm sure the D.O. is a misunderstood genius whose people skills are without equal and if he chooses to believe the sky is purple while a pilot feels its blue I don't see anything wrong if the dispute ends in a termination.

The reputation that Pinnacle has developed doesn't happen overnight and I can assure you doesn't just rest with the folks here on Flightinfo.com or some 22 yr. old kid. Hope you guys can get it turned around, but that's going to take more than just saying it's so here or ganging up to insult the kid's wife for probably making more than a Pinnacle F.O. by working for a living managing a fast food joint. If anything you should be embarrased that an F.O.'s pay is so low that his wife's income would even come in to play. You belittle yourself and your company by taking those kinds of cheap shots and are making yourselves out to be just the type of idiot the guy describes.

Good luck!!!

You are right sir/ma'am, whatever. We are here to stand up for our company and for what is right. We took this situation laying down for long enough. You can shoot off orders and insist you know what you are talking about but I assure you that you don't. It is easy for you to say don't belittle someone or take cheap shots, but I believe all I am doing is replying to the shots that have already been made. I am not an idiot, I assure you of that and I didn't come on here to be called one. It is just the fact that I KNOW all the guys responding to these and I KNOW the type of people they are. At one point they were better than this. They never would have gone online to a message board and wrote things to put down Pinnacle. Yet, now they do. I can't help someones feelings getting hurt. This is a business and we run it like one. AND, a guy whose wife works as a manager at a fast food restuarant could at least have the respect to call on the first day of indoc when he doesn't show up. Not claim a family emergency and then explain his wife can't transfer. That just isn't right. The owners of this company have worked long and hard for what they have. They are all successful business men for some reason and I think Pinnacle is just another example of that. So good luck to you and lets watch the belittling before we gripe at some else for doing it. I don't think calling me an idiot is quite necessary.

dc101 said:
h25b said:
You are right sir/ma'am, whatever. We are here to stand up for our company and for what is right. We took this situation laying down for long enough. You can shoot off orders and insist you know what you are talking about but I assure you that you don't. It is easy for you to say don't belittle someone or take cheap shots, but I believe all I am doing is replying to the shots that have already been made. I am not an idiot, I assure you of that and I didn't come on here to be called one. It is just the fact that I KNOW all the guys responding to these and I KNOW the type of people they are. At one point they were better than this. They never would have gone online to a message board and wrote things to put down Pinnacle. Yet, now they do. I can't help someones feelings getting hurt. This is a business and we run it like one. AND, a guy whose wife works as a manager at a fast food restuarant could at least have the respect to call on the first day of indoc when he doesn't show up. Not claim a family emergency and then explain his wife can't transfer. That just isn't right. The owners of this company have worked long and hard for what they have. They are all successful business men for some reason and I think Pinnacle is just another example of that. So good luck to you and lets watch the belittling before we gripe at some else for doing it. I don't think calling me an idiot is quite necessary.

O.K. so you are evidently the D.O. in question... If that's the case you should rise above the point where you would insult someone who's trying to earn a living at a fast food place. There's no shame in working anywhere. That was a cheap shot and if you're so worried about your reputation you should know better. As far as whether or not he should have called, we'll you're right he should have at least called you, but on the other hand if you told me the "I don't care if you just moved from CA with a newborn baby" line during the interview process I probably wouldn't give you a call either. In fact, I would probably get up and walk out right then and there.

At 22 there were a couple times I handled things poorly with job opportunities, but that's just being 22. For the record, I did not call you anything. I simply suggested that your words here are probably leading people to believe that you are in fact the type of individual being described...

Last edited:
h25b said:
dc101 said:
O.K. so you are evidently the D.O. in question... If that's the case you should rise above the point where you would insult someone who's trying to earn a living at a fast food place. There's no shame in working anywhere. That was a cheap shot and if you're so worried about your reputation you should know better. As far as whether or not he should have called, we'll you're right he should have at least called you, but on the other hand if you told me the "I don't care if you just moved from CA with a newborn baby" line during the interview process I probably wouldn't give you a call either. In fact, I would probably get up and walk out right then and there.

At 22 there were a couple times I handled things poorly with job opportunities, but that's just being 22. For the record, I did not call you anything. I simply suggested that your words here are probably leading people to believe that you are in fact the type of individual being described...

No, in fact I am not the D.O. I am just a happy Pinnacle employee. I did not make a cheap shot, I simply explained what went down with that individual. He had no reason to lie, yet he did. That in turn gave his "friend" a reason to post nasty lies about Pinnacle. We all knew the reason he wasn't coming and no there is no shame in her job, just in his behavior. 22 or not, this is a serious business. Like it or not, we don't want a pilot that doesn't take it seriously. Not calling to turn away the job equals irresponsible. I am not much older than him and I can tell you there is no way I would have handled it the way he did. And I hardly believe the line you quoted above as being true. Just another case of he said she said.

Hope you stay a "Happy Pinnacle employee" ...

Good luck and run your company however you want. Remember that a good reputation takes years to build and minutes to destroy.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back