Pinnacle 40k bonus's :(

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ridgeback

I hope every 9e pilot see's the b.s. it was to have the top 100 pilots get on average $40,000 wile the lowly fo gets a few hundred bucks...

Good job voting down the contract now you just need to get the selfish leaders out as well

Ummm....the average of the top 100 was more like $18,000. Don't you read your email from the MEC?

This is a union. Unions have seniority. Seniority is everything. Pay, schedules, vacation, upgrades, etc. Even bonuses, senior guys get more than junior guys.

I don't see junior guys complain when someone senior to them gets to upgrade, or gets a better schedule, or do the same job for a higher pay rate.

This is a union. Unions have seniority. Seniority is everything. Pay, schedules, vacation, upgrades, etc. Even bonuses, senior guys get more than junior guys.

I don't see junior guys complain when someone senior to them gets to upgrade, or gets a better schedule, or do the same job for a higher pay rate.

seniority should entitle pilots to certain benefits such as schedules, vacation, and upgrades. However if you like the idea of retiring rich the current system is like dangling a carrot that can never be reached.

A flatter pay scale would allow you to invest more when you are younger. With the power of compound interest it would be easy to retire with twice as much money. Even if you invest the same amount in later years.

I know you are thinking I'm just saying this because I'm young and selfish but that couldn't be further from the truth. First it's too late for me to retire rich and I feel like breaking the mold of the typical selfish pilot and leave a positive legacy unlike the baby boomer's step on the new guys in attempts to regain a fraction of what was.

Ridgeback, where do you get all that crazy math? No pilot would have gotten anywhere near 40k. None would have gotten a few hundred bucks either. A very junior FO would have gotten somewhere around 2k and a 4-5 year CA would have got about 8k. The top would have got about 15K. Many of the union leaders were not even close to the top money.

Bonuses are extremely low on the contract ladder. A bad contract can make a large bonus irrelevant in a matter of months.

seniority should entitle pilots to certain benefits such as schedules, vacation, and upgrades. However if you like the idea of retiring rich the current system is like dangling a carrot that can never be reached.

A flatter pay scale would allow you to invest more when you are younger. With the power of compound interest it would be easy to retire with twice as much money. Even if you invest the same amount in later years.

I know you are thinking I'm just saying this because I'm young and selfish but that couldn't be further from the truth. First it's too late for me to retire rich and I feel like breaking the mold of the typical selfish pilot and leave a positive legacy unlike the baby boomer's step on the new guys in attempts to regain a fraction of what was.

I don't disagree with you at all about more money invested at a younger age whould help one retire with more money. I was just pointing out the irony of FO's having a problem with senior people getting more bonus money, but don't have a problem with them getting better schedules, pay, vacation.

I was just pointing out the irony of FO's having a problem with senior people getting more bonus money,

Mr. Carl Spackler, why dont you get all the facts before you rip on Pinnacle FOs. Every FO at Pinnacle has a right to be pis$ed at our union. It was our union reps who turned down a pay increase LOA for FOs in 2007, for stronger leverage in contract negotiations. And now that we got a TA, it blowed to begin with. So what did we really give up to get this POS TA? The final nail in the coffin was making the bonus distribution tied 100% to W2 wages from the past few years. This screwed over every FO by the MEC. One, for having pay rates turned down that would have meant over 10,000 to 15,000 more for FOs from 2007 to 2009, and two, for having a bonus distribution that now is based solely on W2 wages. SInce the pay increase never happened, every single Pinnacle FO who has been here since 2006 got hosed big time, because the bonus split was tied directly to W2 earnings, thanks to MEC decisions.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back