• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinch me, I must be dreaming...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Your Dad certainly does not want anything but a simple fixed gear single like a C-172 or PA-28.

It's not really possible to make a dime, let alone 'break even' on it and still have a nice plane for personal use.

You might find a leaseback that doesn't cost you your shirt, but the renters will certainly tear up your airplane.

And of course if Dad has enough assets to afford a plane he probably should think five or ten times about the liabilty exposure of renting it to others.

How to make a small fortune in Avaition, start with a large fortune and buy an airplane. (Old Joke)

Hi!

U could also look into a share agreement for the airplane, with, for example, your dad and 2 other guys owning the airplane together. If you're not flying that many hours, and u want to own a plan, a shared ownership thing usually makes sense.

I also know a guy with a Warrior, who put in a $20K moving map gps and now it is being rented A LOT! I think he actually makes money.

cliff
GRB

go and talk to Ellis at Windy City Flyers @ PWK in the CES builiding 2nd floor.
Be careful and read the fine print first. WCF is a fantastic place to be a club member at, and when I was instructing at PWK I would recommend that once my students finished to join WCF(we did not rent our aircraft). But I do know quite a few people who have been burned by WCF, but now that Skip is gone I dont think that it will be as much of a problem, Dean seems much more honest.

atpcliff is correct. Consider a partnership. That's by far the best way to reduce the large fixed costs of having an airplane.

atpcliff is correct. Consider a partnership. That's by far the best way to reduce the large fixed costs of having an airplane.

I have also heard an aircraft partnership is a great way to lose friends.

Depends on the friends, I have seen it go both ways, but it usually seems to work out for the best.

Make sure you have well defined rules in your partnership in writing.

Two things I don't share:

My wife and my airplane.

UNintentionally shared my first wife once....

Couldn't been happier about that one now.

But if somebody does the same thing with my airplane, they're going to have "grand theft airplane" charges filed against them....

I'd be pissed.

Latest resources

Back