Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rez O. Lewshun said:
I am not!

This is another facet of the issue. It is not Democrat or Republican. It is not black or white, yes or no....

This is something that is very grey and many guys have trouble dealing in the grey. The want yes/no answers that are quantifiable.

What are the issues and what politican supports your issues. If a GOP supports Air Line Pilots issues then support him/her. Polarizing around the party is mindless.....

Magnum you should be very concerned about Fred Smith and his push for Foreign ownership... at the same time you'll be glad to know that many republicans voted against foriegn control.....

You guys in the ANG/Reserve have it tough..... which is more important... (which one generates more income) your civilian labor job or your military officer job.... opposite sides politically.. (when it comes to the Prez vote)

I AM very concerned about foreign ownership! I know Fred would immediately open up a "little China" in east Memphis and give free housing to any chinese pilot who would live here and fly his boxes for 25k/year. And I WILL vote against politician who advocates this type of stuff, be they republican, democrat, libertarian, or whatever.

If I ever truly believe my job depends on a political race, I'll vote my job in a heartbeat. However, I don't think the occupant of the WH has as much influence over these issues as do the pogues in Congress. If that means I vote for a GOPer for President and a Dem for the House or Senate (or vice versa), I'll do it in a heartbeat.

The intention (in my opinion) of the Founders was that the President is the Chief Foreign Policy officer of the US and the Congress would handle the domestic issues. Of course, they also had no intention for anyone to be a career politician, either. I actually have more to say on this issue, but I'm just so dam* irritated with every jack*ss in Congress right now that I'm just getting spun up.

Have a great 4th, Rez.

Andy said:
WOW! I shoulda talked to you when I got furloughed back on '02. The best I could find is jobs that started at less than $30K and the competition was fierce.
Of course, you're not talking starting salaries. You're not even talking 5, 6 year salaries. Take a look: http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/regional.html
The fastest you can is Horizon, year 12. And that's flying 1000 hrs/yr.
Most sub-major carriers don't even get you to $100K/yr. Ever.

Now if we want to discuss on demand cargo ops, I guess that we can talk about USA jet. Pays $300/wk in training. Starting salary: $51.84/hr w/55 hr/mo guarantee; $2851.20/mo. So we're still talking under $40K. On call; must be able to be at the airport in less than 20 minutes when paged. Must live in Detroit area. Do they issue body armor? I hope that they at least issue a snow shovel.
I assume that this is the place that you are referring to that will eventually pay $100K/yr. Of course the devil's in the details.

Seems like you are looking for a flying position that STARTS at 100K per year. Ain't happenin', bro.And something tells me you weren't swimming in greenbacks as a wet behind the ears butter bar in the air corps, or a probie
plumber at UA for that matter.

PHXFLYR:cool:

PHXFLYR said:
Seems like you are looking for a flying position that STARTS at 100K per year. Ain't happenin', bro.And something tells me you weren't swimming in greenbacks as a wet behind the ears butter bar in the air corps, or a probie

Did I forget the sarcasm function on/off again? I was responding to a post stating that $100K/yr was pretty good; he implied that it can be easily attained in the flying profession. There aren't many domestic pilot positions outside of the majors paying that kind of coin. Ever. And many outside of the majors come with quite a few strings attached (pagers, must live in xxx, etc, always on call, etc).
I realize that starting at $100K doesn't happen domestically; I do know a couple of places that start at that salary, but they're not what I'd call garden spots.

We are certainly blue collar, with regional airlines paying significantly lower than many other blue collar jobs.

Blue collar worker with a white shirt...I can live with that, since blue really isn't my color.

PHXFLYR said:

Of course a job won't start that high. The problem is that the entire system is so anti-labor these days, that it is exceptionally difficult to stay with any employer these days long enough to reap the benifits of longevity. All you folks who are senior these days at your respective airlines are lucky. Good for you. However, you are not better people than those junior to you.

XJohXJ said:
Make no mistakes folks, if you aren't fantastically rich, Bush hates you!

Or if you're black. Or gay. Or old. Or a child. Or a woman. I think Bush hates cats, too. And trees. Idiot.

XJohXJ said:
Make no mistakes folks, if you aren't fantastically rich, Bush hates you!

More class-warfare rhetoric from the left. Is that all you libs have to offer?

Latest resources

Back