• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots, White Collar or Blue Collar

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Typical Republican debating tactics: Personally attact your opponent instead of debating the ideas they present. Takes an awful lot of critical thinking now, doesn't it? Yes, in an era where the rich are getting richer and everyone else is getting significantly poorer and the middle-class are shrinking rapidly, I would have to agree that class warfare is alive and well in America, and the rich are winning hands down, with the full support of the current administration. Heck, Warren Buffet admitted as much, why can't you?

How about those grossly overpaid and unproductive airline CEO's, who are earning several hundred times more than you are, have they been helping you or your company lately? How about the wildly overpaid health insurance corporate leaders? Where do you think they get their money? From workers, thats correct, right out of our pockets, and they make more by denying treatment to workers. But no, there's no class warfare going on now, is there?

XJohXJ said:
Typical Republican debating tactics: Personally attact your opponent instead of debating the ideas they present. Takes an awful lot of critical thinking now, doesn't it? Yes, in an era where the rich are getting richer and everyone else is getting significantly poorer and the middle-class are shrinking rapidly, I would have to agree that class warfare is alive and well in America, and the rich are winning hands down, with the full support of the current administration. Heck, Warren Buffet admitted as much, why can't you?

How about those grossly overpaid and unproductive airline CEO's, who are earning several hundred times more than you are, have they been helping you or your company lately? How about the wildly overpaid health insurance corporate leaders? Where do you think they get their money? From workers, thats correct, right out of our pockets, and they make more by denying treatment to workers. But no, there's no class warfare going on now, is there?

Debating tactics? How is anyone supposed to debate "Bush hates poor people?" You define that as intellligent debate?

I agree there is a widening disparity between rich and poor in this country, but that's not a subject you brought up. I also wasn't aware that corporate malfeasance began in 2000 with the election of a GOP administration. Can you unequivocally state that the seeds for the corporate f*ck overs in recent years WERE NOT sown in the 90s under Bill Clinton?

Where's the moderator? Kill this thread--it's gone on too long and has crept out of control.

By the way, I'm blue collar, but have a MASSIVE white collar attitude!

We are in the livery trade and henceforth "blue collar". In our profession, we are supposed to be pragmatic. To view ourselves as white collar is frankly delusional.

blue collar, white collar, dirty collor, who cares? If you are doing something you like and being paid for it, you are indeed lucky. Fly because you like to, etc.

The profession has always been blue collar but at least it once had a strong national union. Govt; control of jumpseats? no way, Pilots and flight crews going through security? not a chance. At one time ALPA was strong enough to shut the country down. Now it's just a lip service organization with no real agenda or strength. The pilots hired by secretarys at the few majors have had no reason to complain in the past or risk any job satisfaction supporting the pilots at other carriers. Now pay and benefits are being cut across the line and job satisfaction is pretty much gone. Good, it probably won't get better until it hits rock bottom and we're closing on that target fast. Prior to the "blue flue" episode at AA, 75% of allied political donations went to republicans. I'm not saying there weren't plenty of useless idiots within the democratic party, but their platform didn't call for the destruction of unions. So, given the opportunity. I'd scab Allied tomorrow. I figure they supported an anti union agenda in the past when they thought they were bullet proof so as the saying goes, "you can't scab a scab".

maru657 said:
The profession has always been blue collar but at least it once had a strong national union. Govt; control of jumpseats? no way, Pilots and flight crews going through security? not a chance. At one time ALPA was strong enough to shut the country down. Now it's just a lip service organization with no real agenda or strength. The pilots hired by secretarys at the few majors have had no reason to complain in the past or risk any job satisfaction supporting the pilots at other carriers. Now pay and benefits are being cut across the line and job satisfaction is pretty much gone. Good, it probably won't get better until it hits rock bottom and we're closing on that target fast. Prior to the "blue flue" episode at AA, 75% of allied political donations went to republicans. I'm not saying there weren't plenty of useless idiots within the democratic party, but their platform didn't call for the destruction of unions. So, given the opportunity. I'd scab Allied tomorrow. I figure they supported an anti union agenda in the past when they thought they were bullet proof so as the saying goes, "you can't scab a scab".

Maru657, your post made a lot of questions pop in my head. This was not the thread to ask them, so I started a new one "questions about ALPA and it's history". I quoted your post to ask some of the questions. just wanted you to know.

pilotyip said:
blue collar, white collar, dirty collor, who cares? If you are doing something you like and being paid for it, you are indeed lucky. Fly because you like to, etc.

You basically reapeated your signature line...

Rez, is there something wrong with being paid a decent wage to do something you like, that makes you feel good about your chosen profession, and that you left and came back to because compared to another type of job it is the best job out there? A job you wanted from the first time you saw an airplane as a kid in1947. Is that what you are saying?

Latest resources

Back