• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilot's watch

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, but according to my math, I can buy a new $60 Timex every year for the next 50 years before I hit the cost of a bargain basement Breitling. Given actuarial probabilities and the fact that I seem to get at least two years from a Timex, I probably won't ever equal the cost of the Breitling.

Oh yeah, and mine keeps time within a few seconds every few months.

Have you ever seen Good Will Hunting? In the bar when Will bashes the guy for spending $100,000 + on an education you can get for a few bucks in late fees at the library...then the Harvard guys says that may be true but at least I'll have a degree (from Harvard).

It is kind of like that, a timex may keep time more accurately than an automatic Swiss timepiece...but it at least I have a Swiss timepiece.

I bought mine for well under $2k, it keeps time to within a 3-4 seconds per year and when I pass it on to my grandson it will be worth more than what I paid for it.

Quartz movement B-1's won't keep their value, unless it has a collectible name name like Patek Philippe (Breitling doesn't come close).

It's really important to have a quality watch when you fly. Even if you have to go into debt buy the best watch you can find. Without it you're just an average pilot and just wouldn't be worth it to spend all that money for college and training to be a pilot if you can't have the best watch. I hear UND and ERAU are planning to include a quality watch as part of the curriculum. They do the measurements for you but the smaller your dick, the bigger the watch you get. I got a nice watch but damn, it's hard to see what time it is.

Hey guys. I also have a problem.

My watch is so big that I can't raise my arm. This forces me to put my sunglass case AND my iPhone on the same hip and they are competing for space.

Help!

Gup

Latest resources

Back