• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilot's watch

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's really important to have a quality watch when you fly. Even if you have to go into debt buy the best watch you can find. Without it you're just an average pilot and just wouldn't be worth it to spend all that money for college and training to be a pilot if you can't have the best watch. I hear UND and ERAU are planning to include a quality watch as part of the curriculum. They do the measurements for you but the smaller your dick, the bigger the watch you get. I got a nice watch but damn, it's hard to see what time it is.

At least the UND and ERAU grads will have something to pawn off once they get their degree and find out that being a bag boy just won't cut the mustard when it comes to paying off their loans.

Jewelry stores are going out of business left and right in this economy, find one and see what you can get. They knocked almost 2 grand off the Breitling Navitimer.
You sound like the average American consumer discussing airlines and cheap tickets.

Another thread that makes me want to projectile vomit.

If someone wants to spend 25 dollars or 45,000 dollars, who cares. Let them spend what they want. People buy or get watches for different reasons. If you're a flight instructor you may buy a watch with an e6b to check your students ground speeds calculations. If you are a freight pilot in an old plane that has bad clocks, you may buy a Seiko because it keeps really good time. If you fly a 777 as a captain, go get yourself a fancy watch, or get the 25 dollar one because it's practical in your mind. A watch can tell a lot about a person, don't knock someone for having a watch you wouldn't buy. I have a few watches, my dress watch would be a horrible flying watch for me, it's not luminated, no seconds hand, and only 4 tick marks.

If someone wants to spend 25 dollars or 45,000 dollars, who cares. Let them spend what they want. People buy or get watches for different reasons. If you're a flight instructor you may buy a watch with an e6b to check your students ground speeds calculations. If you are a freight pilot in an old plane that has bad clocks, you may buy a Seiko because it keeps really good time. If you fly a 777 as a captain, go get yourself a fancy watch, or get the 25 dollar one because it's practical in your mind. A watch can tell a lot about a person, don't knock someone for having a watch you wouldn't buy. I have a few watches, my dress watch would be a horrible flying watch for me, it's not luminated, no seconds hand, and only 4 tick marks.

Exactly. I'm saving up for an IWC minute repeater right now. Some guys want expensive cars, boats, huge houses, etc. Good for them. I like watches.

DAL pilot is driving to work with the top down, over sized Ray Bans and music too loud. He parks his Porsche at the airport to fly a trip.... as he opens his door, the employee shuttle bus rips his door off.... before the door hits the asphalt, he is speed dialing the airport police.

Policeman shows up and the Deltoid starts ranting about how the car will never be the same, shuttle bus drivers stink, etc...

Policeman finally pushes his cap back on his head and says, "you Delta guys are something special aren't you.... you are so worried about your pretty little car you haven't realized that your arm was ripped off with the door... you are bleeding everywhere!

Delta pilot with surprise look says... "Oh sh t... where's my Rolex...."

Latest resources

Back